Chapter 8

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I asked your sister to come back home this weekend too.”

He raised his eyebrows at what his mother had just said.

“I know it’s unusual.” His mother said happily while slicing some bread.

She had been unusually happy the whole week. Everyday had been a succession of weird behaviors coming from her, similar to what had happened on Monday. Taeyong didn’t know how to take it. He tried not to get angry at her but he really was. To say the least.

That was why he had stopped asking her why. He had decided to keep it to himself to avoid conflict. It wasn’t in his habits to quarrel with his mother anyway, even less so for something other people -including her- would consider petty.

So that Thursday evening he just kept eating his meal in silence.

 

 

-

 

 

“So you have to pick your sister up ?” Kun asked as they got out of class at 4:02 PM the next day.

Taeyong nodded.

“But wasn’t she there last weekend already?” Doyoung raised his eyebrows.

“My mom asked her to come again. But she didn’t say why…”

“Hm…” Johnny frowned. “Unusual…”

“Yeah, and she didn’t want to tell me anything.” Taeyong crossed his arms.

“It’s the time Tae.” Yuta said before drinking his soda with a straw.

Taeyong glanced at his watch. “Oh, you’re right. I gotta go, see you tonight.”

He grabbed his bag and started walking away. But he turned around one last time.

“Ten, don’t take the subway tonight, I’ll pick you up !”

Ten nodded and smiled while waving goodbye.

 

 

-

 

 

“What is Mom’s problem ?!” Seunghee exclaimed as soon as she got into her brother’s car.

“No idea ! She’s been weird the whole week, I can’t anymore !” Taeyong answered while driving off.

“Did she say anything ?”

“No.”

“Did you even ask ?” Seunghee almost shouted.

“Yes ! She forgot all of my habits, I can assure you that I didn’t wait more than five minutes to ask her why.” He snapped back.

Seunghee crossed her arms and looked at the road.

“She even asked me to come back…”

Both paused a few seconds then shouted at the same time: “SHE NEEDS TO TELL US SOMETHING IMPORTANT!”

His sister grabbed Taeyong’s  arm. “But what level of ‘something important’ ?”

“How would I know ?!” He exclaimed.

“Rah ! I hate this ! She better tell us everything when we arrive !”

 

 

-

 

 

“Here you are !” Their mother said happily and embraced Seunghee. “Go sit down, I’m coming.”

As she walked away from them, Seunghee came closer to her brother. “Is she on drugs ..?”

He shrugged. “Not that I know of…”

Then she came back. “Sit down, sit down.” She grabbed their hands and led them to the couch. The two siblings looked at each other, not understanding the situation.

Their mother sat down in the armchair in front of them.

“So… I know you’ve been wondering what was going on so without further ado, I’ll go directly to what I have to say…”

Seunghee slid her hand behind Taeyong’s back and he surprised himself taking it in his own hand.

“So… there are big news…”

Her children looked at her expectantly.

“Dad is coming back !”

Both stared at her dumbly.

“For next holidays ..?” Seunghee asked.

Their mother’s smile widened. “Not only for the next holidays…”

"I don't get it..." His sister said, her voice hoarse.

Taeyong felt her hold tightening on his hand.

"Your father is transferred. He's done with his mission abroad. And… He'll be back next weekend !" Their mother exclaimed happily.

Taeyong's eyes widened.

"So... He'll live with us again ?" His sister asked hesitantly.

"Yes ! Finally !" Their mother stood up and embraced them.

"Oh ! Mom ! That's great !" Seunghee exclaimed in the hug.

Taeyong didn't say anything. He didn't realize what was happening.

 

 

-

 

 

Taeyong stopped the car in front of Ten's house. Seunghee was on the passenger seat next to him.

"Aren't you happy that Dad is coming back ? It's been so long..." She commented.

"I guess so..." Taeyong shrugged.

She had already sent Ten a message to tell him to come out.

He got out of his house. A woman was behind him at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter