Chapter 22

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Don’t be so stressed, baby… I’m sure everything’s gonna be just fine.” Ten caressed his boyfriend’s hair.

“HOW ? How can I stay calm when your parents are invited to MY parents’ house?!” Taeyong cried out, his head on the younger’s shoulder.

The couple was at the café where they usually met up with their friends. They had arrived first and were waiting for the others. It was a Thursday around mid-October and they were finally back to college since Monday.

“They’re only coming tomorrow…” Ten said, his fingers running through the other’s hair mechanically.

“Already tomorrow would be more appropriate.” Taeyong whined.

“Don’t be like this, Tae. It’ll be fun !”

Taeyong was playing nervously with the younger’s fingers, his head still on his shoulder, his eyes looking around. He noticed a customer giving them weird looks from his table.

He didn’t like it.

As if this dude had never seen people before.

Taeyong glared at him. The guy rolled his eyes as a response.

He didn’t want to make a scene but he hated having any kind of attention on him.

He sat up straight and snapped. “Problem?”

The guy shrugged and looked back to his phone.

“Tae, is everything alright?” Ten asked while taking his hand in his.

The older shook his head, a frown on his face. “This guy over there kept looking at us.”

Ten glanced at the said guy.

“Just ignore him, baby.” He cupped the other’s face. “It’s not worth your time.”

 

Taeyong flinched as he suddenly felt a hand patting his shoulder.

“Hi~ !” Ten smiled widely at the newcomers. Johnny, Taeil and Hansol had just arrived. Taeyong looked at the owner of the hand which was still on his shoulder: Yuta.

“Tae! Are you okay?” Yuta cocked his eyebrow.

“Ah…” He glanced one last time at the guy who was previously looking at him and Ten. He was gone. “Yes of course! I’m fine…”

The others had sit down already.

“Where are Doyoung and Kun?” Taeil asked.

“On their way.” Hansol answered after checking his phone.

“So!” Johnny hit his hand against the table. “What did you guys think of that first week?” 

“Nothing.” Taeyong shrugged.

“Like a first week of college.” Yuta whined. “When are the next holidays?”

The others snickered.

“You guys are complaining now, but just wait for the real work and you’ll cry.” Taeil huffed.

“Aw poor baby!” They heard a male voice from behind.

“Kun and Doyoung, finally!” Ten exclaimed.

“Is Taeil still whining about his job?” Doyoung asked while sitting down.

The others all nodded.

“Taeil, you see my face..? I’m almost crying!” Kun pretended to wipe imaginary tears away.

The older huffed as a response. Hansol patted his back comfortingly.

“Anyway… Isn’t it tonight that your parents are meeting each other ?” Doyoung changed the subject.

Taeyong hid his face in his hands, letting out a desperate sigh.

“Tomorrow.” Ten corrected him, holding Taeyong against him.

“Well, it’s gonna be okay!” Johnny smiled amusedly.

Taeyong whined. He didn’t know why he was acting like a hurt puppy, it had to be the most ridiculous sight.

“Baby~” Ten whispered in his ear. “You’re acting like an actual baby…”

The older shivered under his hot breath.

“I like it.” Ten chuckled.

Taeyong gave him a small smile and pecked his cheek.

He turned his head when he heard someone clearing their throat.

“Hey. Not to disturb or anything but...” Taeil gave them a look. “We’re still here, you know…”

 

 

-

 

 

“Welcome!” Taeyong’s mother said as she opened the door for Ten and his parents.

“Thank you.” They answered softly after coming in.

“Let’s sit in the living-room, we’ll be more comfortable.” His mother smiled widely.

Taeyong could feel she was a bit nervous, as expected. His father was trying to look friendly but wasn’t very talkative as usual.

But he was pretty sure the most nervous in this house was him. As he saw Ten, he couldn’t decide how to greet him: he couldn’t kiss him in front of their parents nor hug him too fondly. Or should he? No way, his father would have an attack.

Before he had had time to choose, Ten was in his arms. Taeyong felt his whole body relax.

“It’s gonna be just fine.” The younger whispered.

They hugged each other shortly then joined their parents who were already sitting in the couch.

 

 

The tea time was going a lot smoother than Taeyong would’ve thought at first. Even Ten seemed surprised but their parents had a lot in common actually.

“I remember at his school talent show.” Ten’s mother said. “I think he was 8.”

“Mom! Not this story again!” Ten whined.

“And he was with his guitar, trying to sing… Darling, what was the song again?”

“My bonnie lies over the ocean.” Her husband sighed.

“Oh yes! Exactly !” She exclaimed.

“Mom!” Ten hid his face.

“So he was singing this song but he was looking for us at the same time.” She went on. “His expressions were so cute !”

“Aw~ !” Taeyong’s mother smiled.

“He only found us in the last verse.” Her husband added. “So he pouted throughout the whole song, it was quite funny.”

“Dad! Not you too!” Ten cried out in embarrassment.

Taeyong his back, but his smirk betrayed him.

“Don’t laugh, Tae!” His boyfriend slapped his arm lightly.

“Me?!” He held back a laugh. “I would never!”

“I remember when Taeyong was 9.” His father started.

“Ahah! Now it’s your turn.” The younger whispered in his ear. Taeyong gulped nervously.

“We were at one of his boxing competitions and his opponent pulled on his arm or something like that.”

“Oh, I remember !” His mother huffed. “This boy twisted Tae’s arm.”

Ten’s parents gasped in surprise.

“Yes. He pulled so hard he snatched Taeyong’s glove and it flew right in his face. It gave him a black eye.” His father shook his head.

Ten burst out laughing.

 “A perfect illustration of ‘You reap what you sow’.” Taeyong smirked.

 

 

“Baby, did he really twist your arm?” The younger asked as they were in the kitchen and had left their parents alone.

“Yes, I never had any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter