Chapter 5

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You still haven't done anything with her ?!" Johnny cried out.

"We go on 'dates'." Taeyong shrugged.

It was Wednesday in the late afternoon and the boys were gathered in the café where they usually met. Almost two weeks had passed since his date with Chaeyeon at the mall.

"Are you two even together ?" Yuta asked while chewing on his food.

Taeyong shook his head.

"You send each other texts, you go on dates, she likes you and you're kinda not indifferent to her ..?" Taeil summed up.

"What's your point ?" Taeyong raised his eyebrows.

"My point is... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, LEE TAEYONG ?!"

The others flinched around the table.

"But if he's not sure..." Hansol risked a comment. "Then maybe it's better to wait a little ..?"

"He's been frequenting her for a month now, he's had time to decide if he wants more or not." Kun noted while typing on his phone.

Doyoung nodded next to him.

"Are you done ?" Taeyong sighed loudly while tapping his fingers on the table.

"Almost. Ten, you're really quiet today; what do you think ?" Johnny asked the youngest of the group who was sitting next to the accused.

Taeyong turned to him. 

Ten looked flustered. "I... I don't have any opinion on this..."

"Oh come on ! Spill it !" Taeil exclaimed.

Ten shook his head and looked at his fingers nervously. He remained silent.

Taeil rolled his eyes. "Anyway... Man up Taeyong !"

Taeyong gulped and glanced on his side. Ten was looking back at him.

 

 

-

 

 

The following day, Taeyong was in class with Ten, sitting on the last row of the amphitheater as usual. He wasn't really paying attention because the conversation of the day before was still bothering him.

He looked to the side. Ten was taking some notes but he didn't seem really focused on the class either. Taeyong examined the younger one: he had several piercings on his ears. He was actually surprised Ten had never talked about them because he had talked about almost everything. An open book.

It had already been a month since the day the boy had asked him for his way. The older was always obsessed with time but in this case, he hadn’t seen it go.

Ten eventually noticed the eyes on him and looked back at him. "Yeah..?"

Taeyong stiffened and quickly thought of an answer.

"Hm... I... I was just wondering what you were thinking..."

The other cocked an eyebrow.

"...yesterday ?" He finished his sentence.

Ten put his pen down. "Nothing really... You do you..."

"It's like you had something to say though ?" Taeyong insisted a little.

The younger looked down, thinking hard.

"I... I just..." He shrugged. "She seems like a nice girl..."

“But..?”

Ten frowned. “There’s no but.”

 

 

-

 

 

Another Friday, another night in a club.

Taeyong was sitting alone in their corner as usual. It was one of those weekends where his sister had stayed at her student residence. At least, he wouldn’t have to tuck her to sleep.

He had thought about the matter the whole week. Chaeyeon was cute, nice and she was pretty. He had a good time with her when they went out together. She sent him texts everyday… sometimes he would answer them if he felt like it.

He needed to make a decision. But he didn’t know why he couldn’t.

So he’ll just give himself more time to weigh pros and cons.

 

He checked his phone when he felt someone sitting next to him. He turned to look at the person.

“Are you planning on staying here all night long ?” Ten came closer to him to be heard over the music.

“Yeah...”

“You never dance ?”

Taeyong shook his head. “I don’t like it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter