Chapter 4

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey~ Taetae..!”

Seunghee sat down at the brunch table with him. Their mother wasn't home as often on Saturday.

"I saw you yesterday."

Taeyong frowned. "What are you talking about ?"

"Don't play dumb. With Chaeyeon of course !"

He stiffened a little. "We were just talking..."

"But she was close, huh ?" She exclaimed proudly. "So are you dating or what ..?"

Taeyong ignored his sister's question and drank his coffee.

"Oh come on ! Tell me ! I'm your sister ! Tell me-tell me-tell me !" She said louder.

As he didn't answer anything, she started poking his hand repeatedly.

His sister could be so annoying when she wanted to. And what was worse was the fact she knew it. She knew how to make him spill the truth.

"I might see her next weekend ! Now stop that !"

"Aaaaah ! You see, it wasn't that hard." She smiled widely. "And so that's a date ! Yay !"

"It's not that serious..."

"Taeyong, you do realize you're completely the kind of guy to go out with someone because you want something serious."

He sighed because he knew she was right. He had only been in two relationships before which had lasted almost two years each. He had been single for several months when he had met Chaeyeon.

 

"So..."

Oh no. No. No.

Seunghee was about to keep on with this topic. It was time to change the subject.

"How's your hangover ? Ten asked if you were okay." He asked tentatively.

She froze on the spot. "Huh ?"

"Well, I rode him home yesterday night."

"No you didn't ?!"

"Yes I did." He nodded.

"No !” Seunghee cried out in frustration. “I feel so bad now..! You let him see me that way ?!"

"You brought this on yourself. Shouldn't have drunk that much." Taeyong shrugged.

She sighed loudly.

"He said he wanted signed excuses and that you should call him."

"What ?!!"

"Here, take my phone, I even searched for his number in my contacts for you." Her brother smirked, visibly very amused by the whole situation.

Seunghee took the phone out of his hands and left the room.

 

She came back 5 minutes later.

"He's nice, he's really really nice !"

Taeyong raised his eyebrows.

"Ten ! He's so so nice, I feel so relieved ! Because I felt really embarrassed..."

He snorted. "He helped me lie you down in the car so yeah."

Seunghee covered her face with her hands.

"Take your phone, I'll be in my room !" She left frustrated.

Taeyong chuckled. His sister was so predictable.

 

He looked at the kitchen's clock : 1:02 PM. He remembered what Johnny had told him before leaving last night. He grabbed his phone and called him.

"Hey Johnny."

"Hey ! What's up ?"

"Nothing. You still want to hang out ?"

"Yeah why not ? You can just come over ? My parents are out anyway."

"’Kay."

 

 

-

 

 

The week had passed as usual. As usual as it could be with a new guy in your group. Taeyong had started warming up to Ten. Still not to the point of starting a conversation with him -not that he usually started one with his friends either- but enough to get used to his presence. He sometimes even found him funny.

Saturday had come quite fast and it was already time for Taeyong to 'hang out' with Chaeyeon. He had only chosen to bring her to a café or something along those lines. He didn’t want her to think it was a date because he hadn’t decided yet if he should be with her.

 

He was waiting for her in the café he had chosen. It wasn’t his favorite but it would do the job. He didn’t know her enough to bring her to his favorite café anyway.

She arrived and joined him at the table where he was sitting at the back of the room.

“Hi~!”

He made a small gesture with his hand in response that was supposed to be a greeting.

“How are you ?” She asked while sitting down in front of him and taking off her coat.

“Fine.” He shrugged.

The waiter came to take their order.

“I’ll take a cappuccino without sugar.” He then looked at Chaeyeon to have her choice.

She furrowed her eyebrows. “I don’t really know… Water ..?”

Taeyong huffed and turned to the waiter. “A hot chocolate for her.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter