Chapter 13

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyong – 12 :25 PM :

Hey Chaeyeon. Let’s meet tonight at the café.

 

As he was about to send the message, Ten’s hand stopped him.

“Taeyong… Are you sure you wanna do this..?”

He looked at the younger and took a deep breath. “Yeah… I can’t stay with her anyway… Not like this…”

He then pressed ‘Send’.

“Now come on, let’s go eat.”

 

“Hey guys~!” Ten waved at the others as they joined them at the cafeteria. They sat down next to each other, as they used to do before their fight.

“What-what-WHAT is happening here ?” Yuta exclaimed.

“Nothing… Everything’s fine now.” Ten shrugged.

Taeyong’s face probably didn’t show it but at this moment, he felt like the happiest man on earth. His gaze crossed Johnny’s who smirked. He felt his face heating up in embarrassment. Johnny knew him too well.

Kun sighed in relief. “So this means we can finally go back to normal meals, normal nights out, normal everything.”

Ten chuckled.

“Does this mean you will join us again on Fridays ?” Doyoung raised his eyebrows.

“Sorry…” Taeyong shook his head. “I told my father I would have a better behavior from now on..”

“I know we’ve already had this conversation…” Johnny huffed. “But seriously Tae… You’re legal, you can do whatever you want.”

Taeyong shrugged and noticed Ten looking at him. He didn’t want anything to betray them because he knew someone could see them and tell Chaeyeon. He thought that she deserved at least to hear the news from him first rather than from someone else.

But as he looked at Ten, he wanted more and more to hold him, to kiss him… What was happening to him..?

They got interrupted by Kun clearing his throat. “Guys, we’re here too.”

Ten blushed slightly. “Sorry.”

Taeyong noticed their friends’ looks on them. They knew. Taeyong was sure they knew.

“Hm… So how is Eunjin ?” He asked out of nowhere, startling the others.

“She’s fine.” Kun shrugged.

Taeyong had managed to change the subject, but he knew none of his friends were buying it.

 

 

-

 

 

Taeyong was sitting at a table in the café where he was used to go with Chaeyeon. It was the same since their first date. It wasn’t his favorite but he didn’t want to bring her to the café where he was going with his friends… he would’ve felt so awkward.

He was playing with his phone to put his mind off things, but it didn’t work that well. Every time the door opened, he lifted his head up nervously; until it was really her entering the place.

As she saw him, she waved happily. Taeyong felt bad, knowing what he was about to do. She caressed his hair and bended over to kiss his lips. He quickly offered his cheek. She looked a bit startled which made him feel even worse.

“I’m glad to see you.” She said cheerfully. “I was surprised that you wanted to meet right after college because it’s Friday so we would’ve meet for dinner anyway..?”

Taeyong pursed his lips. “Actually…”

It was his third time doing this. But it still felt so hard. He needed to do this fast.

“Chaeyeon…”

He saw her face becoming uncertain.

“Chaeyeon… I… I think we should stop.”

She furrowed her eyebrows. “Stop what..?”

“Our relationship.”

Her expression faltered. Silence fell on the table.

“I… I don’t think I’m the kind of guy suited for you…”

“But it’s only been a month !” She suddenly cried out. “How could you know ?!”

“I… I just know it… And I think it’s better to stop now than to hurt each other in the long run.”

Chaeyeon looked hurt, which wasn’t surprising.

“Is there someone else ?” She blurted out.

Taeyong looked startled but truth be told, he had expected that question. He bit his lip nervously and nodded slowly.

Chaeyeon gasped. “Who ? Who is it ?”

Taeyong looked her in the eye, breathing heavily. That was it. He was about to say it.

“That’s Ten.”

“What ?!”

“That’s Ten.”

The slap.

He blinked. His cheek burned. He was so dumfounded that he didn’t move.

Chaeyeon had just slapped him.

“So you’re dumping me for a guy ?!” She stood up while yelling at him.

The café wasn’t crowded but a few customers turned around to look at them.

“I should’ve seen it that night at the party !”

People were watching them.

“The way you hugged each other !”

But she wouldn’t stop.

“Why you were always going outside together !”

His cheek felt numb. His mind too.

“How can you do this to me ?!”

 

After a few minutes, she eventually stopped.

He lifted his head up and stared at her. “Are you done..?”

“Excuse me ?”

“I said… are you done ?”

“I thought you cared about me…” Her eyes filled with tears. “Guess I was wrong !”

She then grabbed her handbag and left the café.

Taeyong sighed loudly and then noticed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter