Chapter 14

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Ten and Taeyong were leaving the movie theatre around midnight, Taeyong’s phone rang.

“Yeah Johnny ?”

“Tae, Eunjin called and the girls aren’t coming tonight.” Johnny’s voice sounded so serious. “But let’s meet at the café, we have to talk.”

“’Kay.” He hung up.

“Who was it ?” Ten asked.

“Johnny. They wanna meet at the café.”

“They’re not at the club ?” The other cocked an eyebrow.

“Apparently not.”

 

 

Everyone was there waiting for them. Taeyong gulped. He started feeling nervous all of a sudden.

“Hey~ !” Ten waved at them and they sat down.

The others slightly nodded as a response.

“So… We need to talk guys…” Taeil said.

“Is there a problem..?” Ten asked.

“Eunjin called me to say they wouldn’t come tonight... She said you and Chaeyeon have broken up ?” Kun explained with questioning eyes.

Taeyong stiffened. “I was about to tell you...”

“No problem, we just wanted to avoid awkward situations you know.” Johnny added.

“Like Yuta asking ‘So how is Chaeyeon ?’…” Doyoung scoffed.

Yuta looked at him wide eyed. “Joke ! I never do that !”

 “Sure..” Hansol snorted.

“Anyway… Yeah, I’ve broken up with her.” Taeyong shrugged.

“That’s your business… but just so you know, Eunjin said Chaeyeon was really angry…” Kun added.

“That was to be expected.” Taeil noted.

Kun’s phone rang. “Oh, that’s her. One moment.” He picked the call. “Yeah ?”

The others remained silent, mostly to hear what she was saying. Which was a complicated task to say the least.

“…really angry... can’t calm her down…”

“Do you want me to pick you up later tonight ? Or are you staying with her..?”

“No…Mad…I think…for a dude…”

“What ?”

“…for a guy…”

Kun turned to Ten and Taeyong and stared at them, startled.

“Okay… Call me when you want me to pick you up. Bye baby.”

As soon as he had hung up, he pointed at the other two. “You guys are together ?”

Taeyong and Ten looked at each other in surprise. Taeyong then felt Ten’s soothing hand on his thigh under the table. He felt a little better.

“I… hm… Yes.” He stuttered nervously.

Their friends looked at them silently, but none of them seemed surprised unlike Taeyong right now.

“Congrats !” Yuta said happily.

“I have one thing to say… You guys aren’t subtle.” Johnny commented.

Ten chuckled. “Actually, I didn’t try to be subtle…”

 

It was already past 1 AM when Johnny took Taeyong outside. Just the two of them.

“So… You finally ‘listen to your heart’~” He started by singing the song.

Taeyong rolled his eyes. “That’s so cheesy.”

“I know right. Anyway… How did it go… with Chaeyeon I mean ?”

The other shrugged. “Not so well… as expected.”

“You told her you were leaving her for someone else ?”

“Yeah… She slapped me and yelled: ‘I should’ve known ! You’re leaving me for a guy ! How can you do this to me ?!’ … People were looking at us, I wanted to die from embarrassment.”

“Ouch.”

“Yep.”

Johnny crossed his arms. “So… are you gonna tell your parents ?”

“No way !” He scoffed. “They already didn’t take so well the news of my break up. And I expect the following days to get worse… You know they absolutely loved Chaeyeon.”

“You’ll have to tell them one day..”

“Yes…” He sighed. “But not today.”

 

 

-

 

 

For their Sunday family lunch, Taeyong got spared the pain of talking about the break up. As usual in the following week, his family didn’t say anything and gave him time to get over it. It was how it worked, but little did they know that he didn’t need it.

He felt strange… He was happy, but at the same time worried.

 

On Monday, their teacher was absent but their friends still had class.

“Are we eating that ice cream for two again ?” Ten looked at him knowingly.

“Why not..?” Taeyong shrugged.

“Will you eat it today ?”

“Maybe…”

 

“Have a taste of it, Tae.” Ten said while offering him some ice cream.

Taeyong tried to take the spoon in his hand but Ten fed him instead.

“It tastes good.” He nodded slowly.

“Of course it does, ice cream always tastes good !” The younger faked indignation.

“Yeah…”

“Taeyong, come sit beside me, it’s too complicated like that.” Ten said in a whiny voice.

The older obeyed. As soon as he had changed seat, he felt the other’s hand in his hair.

“Is it okay..?” Ten asked in a worried voice.

Taeyong nodded. His touch was so calming.

“I know I’ve already said it but your hair is so soft, I’m jealous !”

The older cocked an eyebrow and brought his hand to the other’s hair.

“So is yours though.”

They stared into each other’s eyes. Here they were, their hands in the other’s hair. Nothing strange at all.

“Tae, what are you smiling for ?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter