Chapter 3

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Who’s Chaeyeon ?” Seunghee asked while eyeing her brother suspiciously.

Taeyong didn’t have time to respond anything that Taeil had already interrupted him.

“Oh don’t worry, you’ll see soon enough, she’s coming.”

Chaeyeon was joining their table, accompanied by her friends Cathy, Jenny and Eunjin.

Kun was with them too because he was the one driving them. This was one of his attempts to get closer to Eunjin.

Taeyong didn’t know if it actually worked but he thought that his friend’s perseverance was admirable.

 

“Hi guys !” The girls waved at them.

Chaeyeon glanced at Taeyong. He looked away and pretended he hadn’t noticed.

Chaeyeon was two years younger than him. She was cute, nice and she was pretty. She was Jenny’s cousin and that was how they had met a few weeks ago.

She had shown him in several ways that she was interested. But Taeyong being the quiet person he was had never answered clearly. Everyone thought they knew how he felt better than him anyway.

 

“Guys, you brought a newbie ?” Eunjin asked over the loud music.

“Yeah !” Johnny answered.

She was obviously talking about Ten.

Taeyong’s sister nudged him in the ribs.

“Ah ! Seriously ?! That hurts !” He whined.

“Taeyong, introduce us now !” Seunghee cried out.

He rolled his eyes. “You already know the girls, Seunghee.”

“Not this one over there.” She said in his ear while showing him Chaeyeon.

Taeyong sighed. The night would be long.

“Chaeyeon, this is my sister Seunghee.”

His sister said hello with a hostile tone. Just great, now she had decided to play the protective big sister. This really wasn’t his night.

”And girls, this is Ten.” He went on.

“You’re new in town ? I’ve never seen you before.” Cathy commented.

“Yes, I arrived last weekend.” Ten answered, all smiles as usual. “I’m in college with them. Taeyong helped me on my first day because I was lost.”

The girls nodded understandingly.

Taeyong was a bit surprised that Ten described him that way. They probably didn’t remember the same day at all.

 

 

-

 

 

Taeyong was sitting in the couch. His head ached from all the music and noise. This place was always so loud.

His friends and his sister were on the dance floor or somewhere else. He was alone but he liked it like that. At least, none of them had forced him to dance yet. He enjoyed every minute spent here because he knew that someone would eventually come and put an end to this moment.

He glanced at his smartphone. 1:56 already. He hadn’t seen the time go.

He then looked around the room. His gaze crossed Chaeyeon’s who was dancing with her cousin Jenny. Here was the sign that his moment alone was coming to an end.

 

Chaeyeon left her cousin and came sit next to him.

“Hey Taeyong… You’re alone again ?”

Taeyong nodded.

“I see… How’s it going in college ?”

“It’s okay…”

“He’s nice your new friend…? Hm…?”

“Ten.”

“Yes, Ten.” She nodded.

Taeyong could feel that he was a little cold with her. It wasn’t really in his intentions, but he had known her for roughly a few weeks. He hadn’t yet considered being more than friends, if that was what the two of them were at this stage.

“So you helped him on his first day ? I didn’t know you were so generous, Lee Taeyong.”

He couldn’t help but chuckle at her comment.

“As I said to Johnny, he asked for his way and it happened to be the same as me.”

Now it was her turn to laugh, because she laughed at everything he said anyway.

“Ahah, that’s a nice way to put it.” She snickered a little.

He gave her a small smile.

She smiled back at him and put her hand on his thigh.

“Taeyong, maybe we should hang out one of these days ?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter