Chapter 6

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyong arrived home for lunch. His mother wasn’t here as usual. As he was looking for something to eat in the fridge, someone knocked on the door.

“Come in !”

Johnny barged in the kitchen.

“You won’t answer your phone ! I tried to call you I don’t know how many times !”

“Good morning to you too Johnny.”

His friend scoffed. “You got nerve ! I was worried you know !”

Taeyong closed the fridge and put some food on the work surface.

“Calm down Johnny, it’s not that serious…”

“WHERE WERE YOU ?!” Johnny shouted all of a sudden.

Taeyong flinched a little. “Ten didn’t feel well so I drove him home.”

“And you couldn’t answer my texts and calls to say you were still alive ?!”

“I’m sorry okay !”

“And I called your mother and she said you didn’t come back for the night !”

Taeyong sighed and rubbed his eyes a little. “I stayed at Ten’s house.”

“You what..?” Johnny stared at him as if he was the weirdest person he had ever seen.

“I wanted to be sure he was okay.” Taeyong shrugged.

Johnny came to him and felt his forehead with his hand. “No, there’s no fever… Are you high or something ?”

Taeyong rolled his eyes. "You're annoying, you know that ?"

"Me ?! I'm just surprised ! This coming from you.... That's kinda unexpected.."

Taeyong sighed and looked for something in the cupboard.

"Listen, he fainted and he was alone at home so I didn't want to leave him in case he was sick again."

"Oh ! So you slept over ?"

"Yes."

Johnny snickered a little.

"What ?"

His friend shook his head. "Nothing..."

 

 

-

 

 

"Oh please ! They eliminated Alex ! Why him ?!" Ten exclaimed as he grabbed Taeyong's arm.

The teacher looked up to him and he quickly looked down, pretending to take notes.

They were in class and as every Wednesday, Ten had asked Taeyong to put that Super Star show or whatever its name was on his laptop so that they could watch the replay. It had become one of their Wednesday morning habits since the class was so boring.

"You didn't watch the show again ?" Taeyong asked the younger.

"I wanted to but I fell asleep, stupid me !"

Taeyong smirked. "I see..."

"And it's funnier to watch it with you here than alone at my house anyway."

"But your parents aren't there ?" The older frowned.

"No, they're home only during the weekend. Most of the week they’re away or they come back home in the middle of the night."

"Hm hm..."

"But you should come over one of these days."

"Are you inviting me ?" Taeyong raised his eyebrows.

"Hm hm... You and the guys if they want to."

 

 

-

 

 

Ten got out of Taeyong's car after he had parked in the alley. Taeyong already knew this house but not the others. Yuta, Doyoung and Johnny got down of Kun's car and everyone followed Ten to the huge house. Not that anyone of them found it unusual.

"Welcome to my house !" Ten sang out while opening the door.

It was Wednesday afternoon and his parents weren't there because of their work.

 

They spent most of the afternoon in the TV room, Johnny and Kun playing video games, Yuta eating and Doyoung nagging at him for covering the floor in crumbs.

"Are you okay with these guys here ?" Taeyong asked with slight curiosity.

"Yeah of course ! Why ?"

"Because now that they know where you live, they'll invite themselves over all the time." Taeyong snickered.

"Liar !" Doyoung yelled.

"You know it's true !" Taeyong answered back.

Ten laughed. "I think I'll survive this."

 

 

-

 

 

Another week had passed and another Friday came. That evening Taeyong was waiting at the mall when he felt arms encircling him from behind. His whole body stiffened.

"Hey~!" Chaeyeon said in a cute voice.

Taeyong cringed. It was a little too forced.

He turned around and gently pushed her away.

"Chaeyeon... Come, let's eat."

She nodded and grabbed his arm to follow him but he moved it away.

 

They finally sat down with their burgers and fries.

"That's cool we eat together tonight, it's a nice change." She said while taking her burger in her hands.

Taeyong nodded while eating quietly.

"Is Seunghee there this weekend ?"

He nodded again.

"Is she coming with us ? I mean, tonight at the club."

Taeyong shook his head. "She's seeing her friends tonight. For once."

Chaeyeon chuckled.

"Oh I know you're happy about that !" He smirked.

"No I'm not ! I love to have your sister glaring at me all night."

Taeyong snickered. "What are you even saying ? My sister absolutely loves you."

"You wish."

He laughed a little. His sister was still quite defensive toward Chaeyeon. Taeyong had asked her why once but she had only shrugged as a response.

 

"How's college ?" Chaeyeon asked before drinking her soda.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter