Chapter 21

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So… you’re a finance student ?” Taeyong’s father asked Seyong as they were having dinner.

“No Dad, he’s working in finance.” Seunghee corrected him.

“Oh.”

“And how old are you ?” Their mother asked.

Taeyong glanced at Ten while trying to hold back a laugh. He didn’t know why he found the situation funny, probably because of his sister’s answer. Or maybe he was laughing nervously, he wasn’t really sure himself.

“24, Mrs. Lee. Same as Seunghee.” Seyong answered shortly.

“Oh, so young !” Their mother exclaimed.

Seyong seemed a little embarrassed.

“And Ten, how are your parents ?” Their father asked softly.

Taeyong looked at his boyfriend, in an attempt to give him a reassuring look. Ten froze for a few seconds and stuttered an answer, still uneasy.

“Hm… Yeah… Hm… They’re… fine… Back at work, of course !”

“Oh, they’re just like us then.” Taeyong’s mother laughed a little. “Retirement is still far away, huh ?”

Ten and Taeyong smiled amusedly. So did Seyong.

“Mom ! You’re talking like an old lady !” Seunghee said in a whiny voice. “Why you do this ?!”

“Don’t call your mother old, Seunghee.” Their father faked indignation but held back a laugh.

“Anyway… Ten, I hope Taeyong behaves well when he’s at your house.” His mother glanced at him.

Ten looked at Taeyong and blushed a little. “Oh yes, yes… This week, we had dinner with my parents and they loved him.”

“Really ?” His father added.

“Yes, they thought he was very polite and agreeable.”

Taeyong looked at his boyfriend in astonishment. “Really ?!”

Ten nodded happily. “Yes !”

He didn’t think he had made a bad impression, but he was still surprised by what the younger was saying. His eyes crossed Seunghee’s gaze who smirked as a response.

“So… Taetae…” Her smirk grew wider.

Oh no… Taeyong didn’t like this.

“How did you two meet ?” She asked, not even pretending to act innocent.

“Of course, you HAD to ask this question.” He scoffed.

“What ? You never had the chance to tell us before, so now that we’re all there to listen, I’m curious !” She chuckled.

Taeyong shook his head in disbelief and looked at his boyfriend.

“Okay, I guess I’ll tell then.” Ten smiled. “Well… When I got transferred last semester, I came to him on my first day because I was looking for my way.”

Seunghee burst out laughing. “And he actually helped you ?!”

Seyong looked at her, eyebrows raised. “Why..?”

“Well, Taeyong isn’t the type to interact with other people, that’s why.” She answered.

Her brother looked at his food nervously. This was typically the kind of situation he wanted to avoid but he knew that at this exact moment, his sister was having the time of her life.

“Yeah, I kind of forced myself on him.” Ten cleared his throat. “But he eventually helped me.”

“Baby ! What do I look like now !” Taeyong exclaimed.

His boyfriend laughed a little and patted his hand, a wide smile on his face. He then turned back to Seunghee.

“And you two, how did you meet ?”

Seunghee choked on her water. “What ?”

“How did you meet ?” He insisted, keeping a warm smile. But his gaze betrayed his true intentions.

That was one of the reasons why Taeyong loved Ten: he could turn a situation upside down while still looking like the nice guy.

He glanced at his sister’s boyfriend and could notice a slight smirk. That would be interesting…

“We’re listening Seyong, tell us !” His mother said enthusiastically.

Seyong cleared his throat to muffle a laugh. “Hm… We met at a friend’s party.”

Seunghee looked like she would hide under the table any moment.

“And, I guess Seunghee had drunk a little bit too much… But we were chatting and all and she asked for my number…” He went on calmly.

“Hm hm...?” Taeyong’s father nodded.

“But not in the most classical way…” He smirked.

His sister suddenly covered her boyfriend’s mouth with her hands. “Okay, that’s enough, you heard everything you needed !”

“Seunghee, don’t be childish, let him finish his story.” Their mother said.

Her boyfriend freed himself from her hold. “Anyway, she asked for my number… but with one of those cheesy pickup lines.”

Ten burst out laughing. It took Taeyong a few seconds to process what Seyong had said before letting out a small chuckle. “Seunghee, you’re so lame !”

“What was it ?” His father asked.

“Excuse me ?” Seyong stuttered a little.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter