Chapter 11

This wasn't planned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Taeyong left the dance floor, his friends were congratulating him.

"Finally ! I told you to man up !" Taeil slapped his back. "It was about time !"

"Very true !" Doyoung commented.

"I can't believe you guys are finally together !" Yuta added while raising his glass.

Johnny slightly nodded but had a frown on his face.

Ten there looked bitter. Taeyong felt a pang in his heart but brushed it off by convincing himself it would go away eventually.

That was the best for all of them.

 

Later as they left the club, Ten tried to distance him. The others were all gone already, leaving only the two of them. Taeyong quickly caught up on him nonetheless.

"Hey... Ten..."

The younger ignored him.

"Ten. Ten !"

"Leave me alone."

"What do you think you're doing ?"

"Going home."

"By feet... At night ?"

Ten didn't answer.

"Don't be like this..."

Ten stopped in his steps and turned to him abruptly. "Don't be like what, Taeyong ?!"

Taeyong flinched a little. "Stubborn. Just let me give you a ride home... to be sure you're okay."

The younger sighed and eventually followed him to his car.

 

Taeyong drove off. The atmosphere was tense, as expected.

"Was it really necessary ..?" Ten started.

"What do you mean..?"

"DON'T PLAY DUMB TAEYONG !" Ten shouted all of a sudden without adverting his gaze from the road. "Not with me !"

Taeyong flinched and stayed focused on driving.

"You know what normal people do, Taeyong ? They just say 'I'm sorry, I don't like you back. Let's stay friends.' Or something like that ! But did you really have to go straight into her arms right in front of me ?! Really Taeyong ?!"

It hurt the other to hear those words. He knew his behavior had been harsh but he still saw it as the best option.

 

14 minutes left.

"I'm sorry it hurt you..." Taeyong said hesitantly.

"Yeah right !" Ten crossed his arms.

"But I think I made her wait for too long already..."

"Do you actually want to be with her ?" The younger interrupted him.

Taeyong nodded.

"You're a bad liar Taeyong..."

 

They eventually arrived in front of Ten's house.

"You know what ?" The younger said, his eyes starting to become teary. "I thought you cared about me... Somehow..."

As Ten opened the door and got out of the car, Taeyong held him back by his arm.

"I do care about you... That's why I'm doing this."

Ten sniffed. "Sure..."

He then slammed the car door shut and quickly left.

And so did Taeyong.

 

 

As he lied down in his bed, he sent Ten a text to say he had arrived safely, as usual. He waited, a little hopeful.

1, 5, 15, 30 minutes passed. The other never answered.

Taeyong didn't know why he had expected a response... He had been horrible with him. But it would eventually be worth it... For all of them.

 

 

-

 

 

That Saturday, Taeyong woke up with a horrible headache. He looked at his phone. He hadn't put an alarm which wasn't in his habits... And Chaeyeon had sent several messages. Maybe he should answer... She was his ‘girlfriend’ after all....

 

Chaeyeon - 10:05 AM:

Hey~ ! Lunch today ?

 

Chaeyeon - 11:00 AM:

Hamburgers ? I know you like them !

 

He typed a quick answer.

 

Taeyong - 11:46 AM:

Sorry, I just woke up.. I usually have lunch with my sister on Saturday.

 

He then took a shower and went downstairs. The surprise he got was his parents actually being there... on a Saturday.

"Hi son !" His father said from the table where he was reading newspapers on his tablet.

"Hi honey ! Are you sick ?" His mother asked.

"No, I'm not..."

Taeyong didn't think his dark circles and pale face would give him away.

"So how's Chaeyeon ?" Seunghee asked with a knowing look.

"Fine... She wants us to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter