Promise

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LOVE ME NOT – Chapter 7

Jaejoong was sent to the school by his chauffeur like always. However that day was a bit different. Jaejoong hasn’t made any sound since the first second he woke up. It’s like his spirit was decreasing as time passes. But he couldn’t help it. He knows he needed to smile, but he just can’t. He simply can’t.

 

Greeting him at the school gate was the smiling Yunho. As soon as Jaejoong’s car was gone, Yunho grabbed Jaejoong’s wrist and they sneaked out of the building and went into an alley.

 

Yunho giggled at the thought that they needed to skip class to spend time together. But his smile disappeared as he saw Jaejoong’s face hardened.

 

“Jaejae you don’t seem happy..”

 

“…”

 

“Are you sure you want to skip class?”

 

“…”

 

“If you’re not, we can always go back. I’m fine.” Yunho knew he lied. Truthfully he had been looking forward for today all night. He’s going to be extremely disappointed if Jaejoong really decided to cancel the date that day. But he’s not going to force Jaejoong either.

 

“Yunnie… I want to tell you the reason why I’m asking you to skip class with me today..” Jaejoong started after sighing heavily, “I… I’m leaving for Australia,”

 

There was silence between them. Jaejoong stayed silent as he thought of giving Yunho time to react while Yunho, he stood still, not saying anything as his brain wasn’t able to properly digest those words. Kim Jaejoong, he didn’t mean it, right?

 

“Jaejae… It’s not funny…”

 

“Yunnie it’s the truth. What we heard from Tiffany that day was true. My family’s going to move to Australia and they want me to come with them.”

 

“How can you only tell me now? When are you leaving?”

 

“…”

 

“Kim Jaejoong!”

 

“tomorrow…”

 

Yunho gasped. He shouldn’t have asked when the fragile boy was leaving. It only disappoints him more than ever. He shouldn’t have asked for something he would regret. He didn’t see this coming, really. Who would have thought his Jaejoongie will leave him this soon?

 

Yunho just stared blankly, not knowing what to do or say. Jaejoong who noticed this tried to get Yunho speak, but he knew Yunho was just too surprised that everything happened too fast.

 

“Yun, sorry. I know it’s hard, but I want to be honest with you as much as I can…”

 

“Jae, can we forget that for a while?”

 

“Uh?”

 

“At least for today don’t ruin our day. I want us to have some serious fun, so don’t ruin our day by saying that, okay Jae?”

 

The two stopped by Namdaemun Market and they were soon tempted by the variety of street foods presented. They are just all mouthwatering.

 

“What do you want to eat, Jaejae?”

 

“I want bibimbap, ttoppokki, fishcake, Kalguksu, and….”

 

“Jaejae. You’ll get a stomach ache if you eat that much.”

 

“But I want them…” Jaejoong showed his irresistible pout which made Yunho gave in.

 

“Okay, we’ll order one for each food and eat one portion together, to save some space okay?”

 

Jaejoong nodded happily and they went to explore the market to their hearts’ content. Eating together like lost boys, but they didn’t mind because it’s the time for only the two of them, for the last time, perhaps. But oh well who cares? They totally forgot about that just now. Why bother ruining your today for your tomorrow?

 

“Yunnie, can we get to Milk Cow ice cream too? I want soft ice cream…” for the last time was what Jaejoong wanted to add, but he didn’t want to ruin the beautiful atmosphere now.

 

It’s two in the afternoon so it’s about the time elementary students should be dismissed, and Mrs Kim was waiting patiently for her son, Jaejoong. She doesn’t pick him up every day, but that day will be the last day she will be able to pick up Jaejoong from that school, so she intentionally came herself, though Jaejoong claimed he will be coming home with Yunho that day.

 

As time goes by, Mrs Kim started getting impatient and anxious. It’s not usual for Jaejoong to make her wait. It’s been thirty minutes since the class dismissed but there was no trace of her Jaejoong.

 

She decided to come into the classroom to see if Jaejoong was still there, but there was no him. She only spotted Jaejoong’s home room teacher in, packing the books.

 

“Omo, Kim Jaejoong’s mother, right?” the teacher greeted.

 

“Ah yea, teacher. Do you perhaps know where is Jaejoong? I’ve been waiting for like thirty minutes but still no sight of him. I thought he would be in the class,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter