The New Student

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LOVE ME NOT – Chapter 1

 

Rising God elementary school was really crowded that morning, Well, of course since it was the first day of school of the semester.

 

Hi. I’m Jung Yunho. I’m currently eleven, on my fifth grade. It’s the first day yeah and people are bragging about their new bags, new pencil cases, new watches and many more. But I don’t really care. Well I don’t have any new ones, and yea not interested anyway. Well, just like in that drama The Heirs, students exist only because of two reasons, you’re rich or you’re smart. Well I believe I’m here for the second one.

 

I’m not that poor. My mother can still afford our daily needs, but I’m not rich either. I will be lying if I haven’t once envy those kids. But I’ pretty grateful with what I have now. My dad? My dad has long gone from our house. He’s a drunkard; gambler and I don’t really want to know what happens in his life. His routine is only wasting money, my mother’s money to be exact and I hate that I have such father. Put it simply; my life .

 

I looked at the window next to me and yawned. But I shrieked when I heard all my classmates screamed like crazy. It sounds totally annoying, seriously. I hissed, but soon fell silent after realizing what catches their attention.

 

Our homeroom teacher, Mr Yoo came in bringing a cute girl next to him. Wait what? Girl? Is she?

 

Gasp. Hell no. He’s not. He’s a boy with long hair and beautiful face with pale skin, pouty cherry lips and big doe eyes. Oh Jung, that’s great. Since when you pay so much attention to someone like this?

 

He’s worth everyone gasping for, but.. There’s something bothering me. Why is he looking down like that as if he had wronged anyone? Is he the shy and quiet type?

 

“Class, starting from now, he’s a new student who will be studying with you.” Mr Yoo stated, and turning to the kid, “introduce yourself.”

 

That boy never looked straight front, but keeps his head low and eyes stick to the floor. Why? Is the floor view that amazing?

 

“I’m… Kim Jaejoong.”

 

I know everyone was expecting he will say something else. But he didn’t.

 

“Beauty, sit next to me!”

“Isn’t he too beautiful to be a boy? I can’t believe this!”

 

I know he was uncomfortable hearing all those comments. Well I don’t think he was once comfortable since the moment he stepped into this room.

 

“Okay, enough with that, class! Jaejoong ssi, you can sit… ah, in front of Yunho ssi. Yunho, can you raise your hand so he can spot you?”

 

What? In front of me? Well that sounds pretty good.

 

I raised my hand and he slowly made his way here, but of course, with his head low. I guess he’s a shy one, yeah? Well, that’s going to be boring then…

 

My seat was at the back, so it means his seat will be on the second last row. I could see Jessica extended her legs intentionally, and that caused the new boy to trip, being laughed by the whole class. that Jessica. She’s making scenes again. Must be embarrassing for that new boy, being tripped and laughed at on the first day of school.

 

But never mind. I never intended to meddle into their business.

 

RIIINGGGGGGG

 

Recess time! Finally, after four periods of lessons! I can finally eat!

 

I opened my lunch box, containing my favorite tonkatsu my mom cooked for me this early morning. Seriously I’m drooling over it!

 

I was about to eat my first bite, when I saw the annoying JeTiSeo gang coming over to the desk in front of me, which means, that boy’s desk.

 

“Aigoooo… Why is a boy having pale skin? Wanna be my rival?” Tiffany started touching his cheeks and lifting it up. But that boy seemed to avoiding eye contact which made her hiss.

 

“Yah! Are you being cocky? Why are you not looking at us? We’re talking to you!” Tiffany added.

 

“And what’s this long hair for? Pretending to be a shy boy? You manipulative fox!” Jessica grabbed his hair harshly.

 

Aish these three girls. They don’t know how to welcome new students, do they?! Seriously, instead of eating the first bite, I gritted my teeth in annoyance. I know they’re famous for being pretty and rich, but that doesn’t give them the right to bully others.

 

“Omo, look what we have here! A piece of egg and what’s this? Omooooo…. I’ve never seen such a cheap and disgusting meal like this before! Is this left overs?” Seo Hyun mocked at the boy’s lunch box and started taking it from him. Worse, she scooped the content and throws it to the floor, creating a total mess in the class. Oh . What is he going to do now? Being shy is okay, but he’s being humiliated and bullied here. Isn’t he going to do anything about it? Is he shy or dumb?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter