New Parents

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LOVE ME NOT – Chapter 5

Today it’s Yunho who went home together with Jaejoong again. Just like the previous day, they took the bus together to get home. But weirdly, Kwang Soo was already standing at the front door, waiting for Jaejoong’s arrival with a smile.

 

“Jaejoongie, you’re home!”

 

Jaejoong looked at Kwang Soo confused, why does he look so happy?

 

“You remember Mr and Mrs Kim who came here yesterday?”

 

Jaejoong nodded.

 

“They’re here to take you, Jaejoongie! Congratulations for having new parents!”

 

Jaejoong froze on the spot. He thought he would be happy to get new parents who can accept him, and give him parents’ love. But he’s too hard to receive any changes in his life. He doesn’t adapt too quickly. He really needs more time.

 

“Jaejoongie, let’s go in. They’re waiting for you inside.” Kwang Soo reached Jaejoong’s hand, only to get slapped away by Jaejoong’s free hand before the shy boy ran away. Kwang Soo was of course shocked by this action. Jaejoong has never disobeyed him even once. Kwang Soo always noticed how gloomy Jaejoong was whenever there are kids who gets adopted. He knew Jaejoong wants new parents and family as well, so he didn’t see his reaction coming.

 

“hyung, please wait inside. Don’t let they go. You know Jaejoong wants them more than anyone. I’ll go after him.” Yunho said before following Jaejoong’s steps.

 

“Jaejae… why are you running away?” Yunho was catching his breath as he sat next to Jaejoong who was hugging his knee tightly, while sobbing under the tree nearby.

 

“…”

 

“Jaejae. It’s okay. You’re not losing me and Kwang Soo hyung. You’ll still meet me at school and I can always come over to your new house to play with you. And we can visit Kwang Soo hyung whenever you want to.”

 

“…”

 

“Jaejae, I know you want them so much. Don’t hide it, jaejae.”

 

“Promise me… you’ll always be by my side, Yunnie?”

 

“Yes, Jaejae, I will.”

 

Once more the two interlinked their pinkies. A promise made by two innocent boys under the blooming tree. Their friendship must be stronger than how it looks.

 

“So, Kwang Soo ssi… where’s the boy? I thought I saw you talking to him outside earlier?” Mrs Kim seemed to have a growing suspicion to Kwang Soo. In addition, Kwang Soo seemed to be stuttering.

 

“um… um…”

 

“Kwang Soo ssi, Jaejoong didn’t run away, right?”

 

She hit it right on the spot, “um.. Jaejoong, he…”

 

Thankfully God has saved Kwang Soo as Jaejoong walked into the house with Yunho, hand in hand. Kwang Soo sighed as he saw them coming without any injuries or anything.

 

Mrs Kim turned sweeter as soon as he saw Jaejoong, “Jaejoongie, I believe you have heard from Kwang Soo hyung right, that you will be adopted as our son?”

 

Jaejoong nodded.

 

“So I want to take you home now. So pack your bags now. We’re leaving.” Mrs Kim said, and turning to Yunho, “Yunho we’ll send you to your house after this. But as we wait Jaejoong pack his bags, will you accompany auntie and uncle first?”

 

“That’s okay, auntie.” Yunho smiled.

 

With that, Jaejoong quickly went to his room, and Yunho sat next to the woman who has been smiling sweetly all the time. Isn’t she tired of smiling? Yunho thought.

 

“You’re a classmate of our Jaejoongie?”

 

“Yes, we became close since the first time Jaejae transferred there.”

 

“Omo.. you must have taken a good care of our Jaejoongie then. Thank you, Yunho.”

 

“Will Jaejae have any siblings?”

 

“Well, he doesn’t have yet for now. But I hope he will, soon.” The woman’s eyes were filled with sorrow when she said that. Truthfully, the woman was sterile, that’s why she came to the orphanage from the beginning. She wants a son so much but sadly she can’t have one herself.

 

Jaejoong was surprised to see the big mansion in front of his eyes. It was too big to be called a house. It should be palace, instead?

 

It’s a place Jaejoong would never thought to live, never once in his life.

 

“Jaejoongie, dear, so from now on, this is your house. Call me dad, and my wife, mom.” Mr Kim said as he patted the young boy’s hair.

 

“Yes... dad…”

 

Mrs Kim took Jaejoong to his new room, and he was shocked to see the room was filled with a lot of toys and beautiful furniture. Jaejoong was now wondering how he could be so lucky to have new parents who can turn his life upside down in seconds.

 

“So, Joongie, this is your new room. If you need anything, just call for any maid, okay?” Mrs Kim said as she led the boy to the bed.

 

“You are so quiet but you look intelligent, so I asked for your school record to Kwang Soo ssi, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter