Cold

Love Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LOVE ME NOT – Chapter 17

Hero had just reached his apartment lobby after filming We Got Married. Seriously it was really tiring. Well perhaps it’s not. But his energy seemed to have depleted completely. He wanted to see Yunho but Yunho wasn’t there. Not even a single phone call or text. He sighed every time he checks his phone and no news from that man.

 

Does he not care anymore that we have broken up?

 

Taking the private elevator, Jaejoong reached his unit quick. His eyes widened when he noticed a pair of shoes which are definitely not his are inside.

 

He entered and called out, “Minnie!”

 

He knows it must be Changmin. No one knows the password combination to his apartment aside from Changmin, his one and only cousin.

 

“Young Woong hyung!” Changmin’s face lit up the moment he saw his hyung coming back and went to hug him tightly, not wanting to let go.

 

“Changminnie… I can run out of breath if you hug me this tight.”

 

Changmin chuckled as he let go and drag Hero to the living room to see the news on the TV. It was the news about Hero’s confirmation in WGM with Apink’s Bomi.

 

“Having fun filming that show, hyung?”

 

Hero massaged his temple as he sat on the fluffy couch next to Changmin, “Not really…”

 

“You seem troubled, though.”

 

“I am, Min.”

 

“Because of the girl?” Changmin asked, trying to be careful with his words, “Or your ex boyfriend?”

 

That topic caught Hero’s attention. Of course. Who else? It must be Jung Yunho.

 

“You know about that, Minnie?”

 

Changmin just shrugged, “Well, who doesn’t? The news between you two is all over the TV.”

 

“Oh, you’re right.”

 

“So, why is he bothering you? He hurt you?” Changmin tried had to control his words and expression so that Hero will not feel weird or triggered. But it took him all his willpower to do so. He tried hiding his clenching fist form Hero.

 

“Well, I guess he doesn’t feel a thing for me, Minnie.” Hero said, his eyes were b with tears, “I thought he will start liking me back. But… It just… Doesn’t work. I think he just kept close to me because the news says we’re dating. But after we claim to have broken up, he never tried contacting me, Min. I’m so…. I’m just…”

 

That was enough for Changmin to hear. He could see Hero breaking into tears as he said that and there was no need for the fragile man to continue. Changmin brought him closer to lend his shoulder to cry on. Yes, perhaps he can act as a supportive dongsaeng, but in fact, his heart was burning of anger to Jung Yunho.

 

He hated how Yunho still had effect on Kim Hero’s life and heart even now that Hero had no recollection of Yunho.

It’s not the first time Changmin wondered, if Jaejoong wasn’t brainwashed, will he still like Yunho like now? Or perhaps he will never recover from his madness? Oh that’s just too hard to be imagined. He can never see his sweet and innocent Jaejoong hyung being tortured further. He had gone through so much and it’s enough. He doesn’t want to see him suffer anymore.

 

I don’t want you being with Yunho hyung will trigger your memories, hyung. I’m pretty sure if I were you, I don’t want to recall that. But am I being too selfish for erasing your memories with Yunho hyung as well? As much as I want you to be happy, isn’t there any other way than letting you be with Yunho hyung?

 

“I love him, Changminnie…” Hero whispered as the tears make his voice tremble greatly, “I love him and I don’t even know why how I could fall for him in such a period of time. We haven’t known each other for long but I love him. And I hated myself for not being able to keep myself from him though I could see he doesn’t feel a thing for me, Minnie… What do I do?”

 

Changmin patted Hero’s back gently and he closed his eyes, feeling the pain of Jaejoong as well. Only if his auntie and uncle didn’t adopt him, perhaps he won’t have to go through all those things. Changmin started wondering why is it his Jaejoong hyung that needs to bear that? He’s way too innocent for that. There’s so many bad people out there who deserve that, but why his angelic Jaejoong hyung?

 

It has been one week indeed. At first, Yunho had never thought he will feel it hard to breathe when that clingy Hero is not by his side. He thought he needed some time to clear his messed mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter