Improvements

The Grumpy and The Nerd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day I woke up feeling very comfortable in my bed, as the sun’s rays hit my face. I was too lazy to get up from bed so I decided to snuggle a little bit on my pillow and try to get asleep one more time, however I wasn’t expecting that the pillow would groan. Soon my tiredness was vanished and I was wide awake, I tried to peek around only to find a pair of arms around my waist, while mine was resting on someone’s chest. I tried to figure it out who the person was, so I looked up to meet his face and then my heart started beating faster than usual, I was looking at a peaceful, angelical face which I never had the chance to see so close. Yoongi seemed so different from that perspective, he didn’t look the same grumpy person he usually is, instead, he looked like a gentle and cute boy. I didn’t know if I should move because that was awkward, or if I should watch him a bit more and stay still. In the end, I decided to move and released myself from him, however, that made him groan, grumpily, and embraced me closer to him.

“ H-Hm… Y-Yoongi.” – Damn it, why am I even stuttering? I need to wake him up before his situation gets even worse.
“ Let me sleep.” – I knew he was ticklish so I poked on his waist a few times to see if he would wake up.

He lazily opened one eye and stopped me still half asleep, this guy sometimes can be incredibly lazy, no doubt he is a sloth. Then he opens both eyes wide and looked directly at me with his mouth opened.

“ J-Ji Yoo? What the happened?!”

He screamed and before things could become even more awkward (or not) my mom entered into my room, without knocking on the door leaving both me and Yoongi startled and unable to move. To make things even worse, my dad came to my room to say good morning and saw us, my mom started laughing and that whole stress made me push Yoongi out of the bed resulting in him falling on the ground.

 

I can sum the whole breakfast situation to ‘the most awkward moment of my life’, everyone was quiet, both me and Yoongi were embarrassed and my dad was beyond furious, if he could, he would have killed Yoongi right at my room but my mom calmed him down, saying that we didn’t do anything wrong, talking about her, while none of us dared to talk, she was radiant and extremely happy, she giggled at the tension and joked around but no one would reply to her.

After finishing our demoniac breakfast Yoongi and I went to his house so he could help me with my physical exercise, however, we didn’t talk yet since we woke up ‘together’, and I refused to be the one to develop a conversation, he was the man, he should start. He broke the silence by saying that I could go to his room while he would be taking a shower, I just nodded my head and headed to his room.

As usual, I sat on his bed waiting for him, while looking at my feet, however, that day I was more impatient than normal, so I got up and decided to see the things around his room, like I used to do when we were younger. We have each other’s trust and we have this feeling of being free and comfortable around each other’s house, so we can make ourselves at home. I started seeing old pictures, from when Yoongi was young, in some of the pictures I appeared, so many memories of that time. Suddenly, something caught my attention, it was a piece of paper that was laying on the ground, near his desk. I picked the paper up, that guy should be more organized I thought, then, I looked at it only to recognize his handwriting. I blinked for a moment before realizing that it was indeed lyrics that he made. I read it carefully, not wanting to miss any detail, and I got surprised by how good he composes.

“ What are you doing?” – He arrived into his room and wore a shirt I placed on his bed, then he moved closer to see what I was doing.
“ You wrote this?”
“ Hm… Yeah, but it’s trash, I should just throw it away.” – He took the piece of paper from my hands and was about to place it in the trash bin, when I quickly stole it from his hands and shook my head twice.
“ No, no. It’s pretty good, I mean it!”
“ You liked it?” – Yoongi widened his eyes as if I told him something really stupid.
“ Yes, why wouldn’t I? Can you sing it to me?”
“ I don’t sing.”
“ But-“
“ I rap.” – He cut me off.

I was surprised by his sudden answer, but before I could reply, he started rapping his lines. I found myself surprised, open mouthed and my widened eyes, realizing that the boy in front of me, Min Yoongi, was that talented. After he finished, he looked at me, waiting for any reaction from me, I never saw him that fragile and embarrassed by anything, like he was afraid I didn’t like it. I opened my mouth, waiting to let any sound come from my mouth, but not being a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter