Chapter 9

You Are Made For Me

"As I have told you, Su Yeon sunbae asked me to protect you again before she left. She wanted me be her eyes and ears on anything about you. I knew that I couldn't stop her from leaving because she looked so sure with her decision already. I then made a plan, and I agreed."

"So, what's your plan?"

"We will go there, and meet her."

"Meet her? But we didn't even know where she went." Eun Bin asked.

"I knew where she went, to US."

"You must be kidding me, how could you know?"

"Well, there's a reason why I agreed to help her, sunbae. With me being her "spy", she would need to have my contact details to check on you. That made me have her phone number, first. Second, I agreed to help her with a condition. I told her that I was planning to continue my study in US, it's actually true, and she would have to accompany me to survey the college. She would be my guide, and that made me had her address, too. Look." Mi Do showed her phone to Eun Bin. "We have been chatting a lot about you, and here is the address. She lives in Florida. I will leave in a month, but we have already arranged everything if you will come. All that left is only the the tickets, since we were not 100% sure that you will come. So, what do you say? Will you come?"

Eun Bin was staring blankly at the address, she couldn't believe that she could have the opportunity to see Su Yeon again. She never thought that this day would even exist. She really thought that she wouldn't have a chance to lay her eyes on her again.

"Sunbae...." Mi Do waved her hands in front of Eun Bin and snapped her fingers. "Sunbae... Hello..."

"Oh, sorry. I was just beyond happy after hearing that. So what do I have to do?"

"Actually, there are a few of things that I want to ask you again before we move to the plan. First, what about your college? Would you continue there as well, or stay here? Second, what will you do after you see her? Third, what will you do with yourself for now to have some proof that you really love her and able to convince her?"

"I would say, that I will stay there, I guess. I have already applied for US University, but they haven't sent any news, probably they will call this week. I want to  be in a place where I can be who I really am, along with her. I want to talk with her, I want to show her that I have changed, that I really love her and it will never change. We can start over everything, right? I wanted her to know that this time I am not running away, I am going to fight with her, however it costs me. I don't want to lose her."

"So the third?"

"I have a thought, but it is so scary and terrifying. I am not even sure that I can do that." Eun Bin said. "But I have to. Anyway, could I leave now? I have something to do. This is for the third question, I'll call you again when I have done it."

Eun Bin left and when she arrived at her house, she sat on the sofa, looking at her mother.

"Mom, can I talk you for a second?"

"Sure, what is it? Yoi have never been so formal like this before."

"Well, what I want to tell you is very important, but please don't be angry or anything." Her mom nodded.

"I am....."

Suddenly, there's a voice from the front door. "I'm home." Eun Bin's dad came inside.

"Hello honey, welcome home. How's your day?" Her mom smiled.

Her dad sat beside her mom. "It's tiring, we had lots of meeting this morning to discuss new project. It's the construction for Government Parlement Building, so there's a lot to discuss because we have to be very careful on building it. What were you two talking about?"

"She was teling me something before you came back." Her mom turned to her again. "What were you trying to tell me, Eun Bin?"

Eun Bin was having a second thought. She was planning to come out, yes. She wanted to come out to her mother, maybe because she knew that her mother had the most possibility to accept her, rather than her dad. Imagining her dad's reaction kinda freaked her out, he could probably kick her out of the house. So, she thought maybe we can do it, after I was sure that I got accepted in the college, and it's near the departure. I would call Mi Do first though.

"No, nothing. I am just wondering if you received any mails for me? From US?"

Her mom tried to remember. "Yes, I think I saw one when I was sorting the mails. I put it in your room. Is that all that you want to ask?"

"Thanks mom. Yes, why?"

"Well, you seem to want to tell me something that is very important, right?" Her mother frowned.

"My education is very important for me, mom. I want to reach my dreams becoming a journalist, I've dreamed about it since I was still a kid. US's journalist education is the best for now, so it matters to me a lot if I got accepted there." She then stood to go to her room. "I'll get the letter first, and see what's inside."

"Okay, good luck, sweetie." Her mom said.

Eun Bin got into her room, and looked for the letter from the university. She opened it and she took a deep breath before she read it. Her eyes were looking at the letter in disbelief. She was accepted, and she got the scholarship! That meant she could go to US, luckily the location was in Florida, as well. What a coincidence!

She hurrily called Mi Do to meet her at the cafe.

"Hi, sunbae. So have you done it?"

"Not yet, Mi Do. The time is not right for now. Anyway, please buy me a ticket to US,. I'm going. I would definitely come to Su Yeon. I got accepted!"

"Yeaaayyyy." They hugged each other to celebrate. This answered Mi Do's first question, Eun Bin would also study in US.

After they were done hugging, Eun Bin asked Mi Do. "Why do you want to do this? Why did you help me? I mean, after you know the whole story of me doing nothing for her, being the piece of in our relationship, why do you stil help me?"

"Well, yes, that's because I felt like what we were doing back then for her were not enough. By the way she protected you with all of her, she was so selfless, I think, but then she forgot, that she also deserved to be happy, I just want her to be happy, sunbae, and I know that her happiness is only you. So I want to, at least, help her and you two to find your happiness again. This is how I can repay Su Yeon sunbae."