Chapter 12

You Are Made For Me

"So, what happened?" Mi-Do asked. "You looked like crying, you know."

Eun Bin tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. She took a deep breath and said, "I just came out to my dad."

"You WHAT?" Mi-Do couldn't believe what she heard. "Why?"

"I just feel like I need to do that. I don't want to go to USA to be with Su Yeon and still have to hide about us, especially from my family. We will still be at the same place as we used to be, and I don't want to lose her again. I have already made up my mind to be with her. It's like I'm taking my first step of this whole journey, right? I will face more of this in the future, so I have to be strong enough, for me and also Su Yeon. I have to make her believe that I am serious and ready."

Mi-Do nodded her head, even so she wasn't sure whether Eun Bin was right to come out. "So, how did your parents respond on this? It mustn't been good, judging from your state right now."

Eun Bin told everything to Mi-Do, while crying. She couldn't control the tears as she still couldn't believe her dad would react that way. He's her dad, for god sake! He should have loved her unconditionally.

Mi-Do patted her back. "I'm not supporting your parents, but you should stop feeling angry and disappointed with them." Eun Bin tried to say something, but Mi Do cut her. "I don't mean that they are right. You know I'm your biggest supporter and also Su Yeon's sunbae's. What I mean is, you should give them times to think about this. It must have been a shock for them to hear it from you, their precious daughter. Changes on someone's beilef is not so easy to be concrete. They are confused right now, they don't know what to do, you also know how Korean reacts to this, too, right? Give them time, they are your parents. People that really love you, no matter family or friends, will come around sooner, or later. Try to understand them, too, if you want to be understood."

Eun Bin keep being silent, not uttering a single word. Mi-Do was scared if she said something wrong to her. The next minute of silence, Eun Bin smiled to her, and said "Thank you, Mi-Do. You're right."

Mi-Do smiled back. Deep inside, she was relieved that Eun Bin was not angry with what she said. She felt like she was so rude to give advice to the older girl, but she was happy that she could calm her senior.

"I wondered who actually is older here. You are wiser than me. Guess what they said is true then: 'Age doesn't decide your maturity'."

"No, sunbae. You are just feeling so emotional that you can't think straight, so I just think that I have to balance it for you by opening your eyes to another thing that you don't see at first. Let's head to bed, we have an early morning flight to catch. You also have to prepare your heart to meet Su Yeon sunbae."

Eun Bin nodded, smiling. Her heart was beating so fast hearing Mi-Do mentioning Su Yeon's name. She couldn't wait any longer to see her face again, and them being together again. Her eyes closed as her mind was still rewinding the moments they had together. Not long enough, she fell asleep with big smile on her face.

Su Yeon, here I come.