Chapter 7

You Are Made For Me

Su Yeon arrived at her new dorm with her parents and all her things. Her thoughts was far from here, she kept thinking about Eun Bin. 'Is she okay now? I'll text Mi Do after my parents go.'

"Here honey, all you have to do are just unpack the goods and get rest." Her mother said, giving her bag.

"Thank you, mom."

"I am going to miss you." Her mom hugged her. "Don't forget to tell us if you find a cute guy."

Her mom and dad laughed together, but Su Yeon couldn't laugh. She knew for sure, even if she found someone, it would never be a guy. She could never live up her parents' dream to have a son-in-law. For now, she wasn't even sure that she could love other person beside Eun Bin. Her mind was disturbed with the voices telling her that she had to tell her parents. RIght before she departed, she had made up her mind that she would live honestly here, as US was more supportive. Everyone would have no problem with who she liked, well, not all though. Even though she would likely have no other girlfriend, she, at least, didn't have to hide and be too alert on rumours going around her. She was now beyond scared of telling them, afraid of losing their loves.

She has to though, for herself. 

"Mom, Dad." She said. "I have to tell you something. It's very important, and I hope you can understand me."

"What is it, honey?" Her mom asked with full concern while her father was looking at her, questioning.

"I want to tell you about me. I know that you will be disappointed, I am sorry. But I don't want to lie to you and to other people anymore. I am just tired of hiding." She looked at her parents' eyes, then she looked down. "Well... I am gay, I like girls."

Her parents were shocked. They looked at each other and to their daughter, over and over again, they didn't know what to say. They never imagined that this day would come. Like other parents, they always thought that one day, their beautiful daughter, Su Yeon would find a man that could make her happy, and had their own happy family. They never thought that she would like girls. Right now, they felt like their dreams was being destroyed.

"Are you sure? Are you sure that this is who you are, not a phase? You know..." Her mom said.

Su Yeon smiled. "Yes, mom. I am 100% sure that this is not a phase. I never felt any attraction towards boys since I was born until now. And it's not about me haven't met the right guy."

"I don''t know about this, Su Yeon. I never thought about this before, so I couldn't say anything." She looked at Su Yeon. Su Yeon was smiling sadly to her mom, a part of her was disappointed, but the other part was understanding the situation. This was a big news and it was very normal that she got that reaction. She was more grateful that her parents didn't freak out, kick her out, or disown her. "But honey, I want you to know one thing, that I and your father will love you no matter what. You are our precious daughter that we are so proud of. If this is your happiness, then we will accept it, Su Yeon. Even though everyone will be against it, especially in our hometown, we won't let you fight it alone. Whatever the problem is, we will overcome it together." Her mother hugged her so tight and cried.

Her father came beside them, and nodded. "Yes, baby. We love you so much, we will support you and protect you, always. Since you were little, I've always told you to find your happiness and chase it. If this is who you really are, then be it, be yourself. I don't want to see you unhappy and suffering for the rest of your life by marrying someone that you don't love, just because of the pressure from society. Never let anyone direct your life, you are your own sailor. The people in your life are like the waves and the winds, they can either help you or destroy you, but you can fight them and sail wherever you want to go. All we want to say is thank you. Thank you that you love us as much as we love you, by telling us this. You know, kid, I'm so proud of you. I know that it's not easy, the journey that you have been through alone to reach this moment, and the amount of bravery that you have collected all this time to tell us. I just wished that you told us sooner."

Su Yeon looked at her parents. Their eyes were filled with pure love, calmness, understanding, and gratitude, no hate or disappointment.. It was out of her expectation, really, She never thought that they would be so accepting, after all this time, she was afraid of nothing. She was confused, but also happy and relieved. "Thank you dad, mom. I am so happy. I love you two soooooo much. Thank you."

Her mom and dad looked at each other again, then smiled, as if they had the same thoughts. They turned to Su Yeon and smiled mischiveously.

Su Yeon raised her brow, and asked, "What? Why are you smiling like that?"

They laughed. Her dad said, "Well, I think we need to go to other place before saying anything. Let's go."