Scene 5: Unintended Frienships

Dealing with Unexpected Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Scene 5: Unintended Friendships  

Min had no idea how things went from good, to bad, to worse in an instant. Like how a sportscar would go from zero to sixty in a matter of seconds, escalating it to an immediate collision that set of a chain reaction of explosions. That's exactly how she felt at this instant. As if the world around her was suddenly ablaze. One minute she was confident her cousin would explode at the sight of the three strange guys sitting on her couch, possibly kicking them out, but instead was surprised to find him exchanging greetings with the said three boys who he apparently knew from school. In fact, as fate would have it, they even had the same classes and were each majoring in music.

"Of course they are," Min muttered bitterly under her breath when Jooheon told her. Luck was definitely not on her side.

"What a small world! Right, Minnie?" Jooheon asked her excitedly as he made himself comfortable on the couch with the other three idiots. Luckily no one had heard her previous comment.

Min pressed her lips together in a thin line and shook her head, suppressing the urge to tear her hair out. "You have no idea."

Min crossed her arms over her chest and watched as the four boys continued to catch up happily, completely ignoring her existence as they monopolized her living room, sat on her couch and watched whatever the hell it was they were watching on her TV. Honestly, any other time it probably wouldn't have bothered her as much that they were there, but she had to work and even if they were in a separate room from her, the thought of knowing they were in her house would easily distract her. She would wonder what they were up to? What would they be talking about? Are they actually as kind as they appear to be or is it just some scheme to give her a false sense of security and then rob her blind? All these thoughts and more whooshed by in her head, one after another. It was so easy to think up worse case scenarios and she didn't like that once her mind got caught up in something she would lose her train of thought in no time.

So now she was sitting in her office, unable to concentrate because again, she had three strange guys chilling her house as if it were all good. Only now they were being kept company by her cousin. And maybe that should've given her some comfort and peace of mind but it didn't. Because her cousin wasn't all that innocent. Granted, he wouldn't let her get robbed or anything but she wouldn't put it passed him to bring out the bottles and start tearing her newly furnished house apart.

"Min I want a spare too."

"Holy crap!" Min jumped all too easily at the sound of Jooheon's voice suddenly in her ear. She grabbed her chest and snapped her eyes in his direction, making him smile sheepishly, apologetic for scaring the crap out of her while she was clearly spaced out. Her brows knitted together when she was finally able to process what he said. "Spare what?" She honestly couldn't keep up with him and his nonsense.

"Key," He said coolly, as if it were obvious. He rolled his eyes when Min just looked at him, still confuse as to what the hell he was talking about. "To your apartment. Like they do."

She blinked a few times, and then reacted with a frown. "You mean to tell me you're actually okay with this?"

Jooheon shrugged. "Sure. Why not?"

"Why not?" She spat. Was he out of his mind? Was this not the same person who once grabbed a guy by the collar because he was making moves on her at the club? These guys may be friends to him but they were strangers to her. And he was okay with it?

"Here, have mine. I'll just make a copy." She heard Namjoon coming over from the living room as he handed Jooheon his spare.

She watched as the other two trailed behind the blonde. "You mean you each have one?" Min was fuming. Not only was she wrong about them having one spare, they had three. Three!

Taehyung blinked cutely in her direction, not catching on to her mood. "Of course."

She took in a big inhale to calm herself because the last thing she wanted to do was go off on everyone and have her neighbors call the cops on her. "You know what? It honestly doesn't even matter anymore." Rolling her eyes, Min angrily made her way back to the kitchen. She was so annoyed and she needed to pour herself a large glass of water in order to cool off. Not only had the three boys monopolized her living room, but apparently now they had full control of her cousin too.

"Oh come on, Minnie. Lighten up," She heard Jooheon's calm voice coming from behind her. "They're totally cool."

She should trust his judgment, she should. But she was annoyed at the fact that he was not on her side for once. He was supposed to have her back. "They're delinquents."

"I'm a delinquent," He corrected her before adding, "They couldn't be farther from it."

She sighed. "Jooheon-"

"And you still trust me. Don't you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter