Scene 1: Moving In

Dealing with Unexpected Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Scene 1: Moving In  

Min struggled to get the last of her luggage through the doors after hauling it all up three flights of stairs, since the only elevator in her apartment complex was being used by the movers. She tried to catch her breath, her breathing heavy and somewhat shaky from all that physical work that her body had not been used to in years.

"We're all done here miss." She nodded her head, still unable to make a single sound other than her audible inhales and exhales. Reaching towards her purse which she had secured around her torso, Min handed the two bulky men their tip and made sure to close the door behind them as they took their leave.

She had spent no more than there hours moving everything into her new apartment (from the furniture to all the filled up carboard boxes of different sizes) and she couldn't be any more ecstatic. She took a look around and sighed in content. It was only seemed like a drab mess for now, but she couldn't wait to start decorating the spacious areas of the living room, kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms. It was so much bigger than her last place, which was a shoddy one bedroom and one bath, sorry excuse of an apartment. This was an upgrade-no, this was far superior than that. She had never in her life dreamed to own a place as beautiful as this. The location was near the suburbs but still close enough to the amazing nightlife the downtown area had to offer. The exterior was built out of beautiful red brick and the interior reflected that of a rustic vintage era. One of the rooms had been nicely painted a somewhat deep shade of teal and luckily it just so happened to be the master bedroom and so she decided to leave it as is for her personal use.

Feeling thirsty, Min headed to the kitchen and served herself a glass of water. Earlier she had offered the moving men something to drink and quickly found the box marked 'FRAGILE: GLASSWARE' and unpacked the contents inside. Now it was easier for her get something for herself and start organizing the cups and glasses inside the cupboard. She had made sure to visit the previous night to clean the house thoroughly with bleach and what have you before the move in, so she found that it was okay for her to start putting everything in its place to start being used.

It took a few hours, but the small girl had succeeded in unpacking nearly all of her belongings (minus the smaller miscellaneous things like jewelry) and readjusting or positioning all of her furniture and personal belongings into place. She even had the cable guy over to program her TV and wireless internet. All she needed to do was decorate but she came to the conclusion that it could wait until the next day.

It was around 7 in the evening when Min got her first call of the day. She had told everyone that she would be busy moving in to her new place and that the best time to reach her was around that time. And they did not disappoint.

Scurrying down the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter