Scene 9: Friends

Dealing with Unexpected Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Scene 9: Friends    

After the events that took place the previous night, Jooheon once again crashed on Min's couch before having to wake up early the next morning to work at his part time job. The boys also headed straight into their apartment the moment they all arrived to the floor they shared.

The five of them had gone back home in Namjoon's car, with Min sitting in the back between Yoongi and Jooheon. She didn't mind being by her cousin, but she was still kind of pissed at Yoongi, even if he was there to have her back, which she was grateful for. Namjoon, Taehyung and Jooheon would exchange some words about what had happened, but they were careful not to heat up Jooheon more than he already was. Instead the two would take the time to make some jokes which evidently distracted him enough to calm down just a little bit more. The only two who remained quiet for the entirety of the uncomfortable car ride was Min and Yoongi, and Min couldn't help but stiffen whenever the younger would shift in his seat, his arm occasionally brushing against her's as the heat radiated from his body. He was also still pissed, but she couldn't understand why.

By the time Min woke it was already 10 AM and she was starving. Putting on a pair of black shorts that cut off mid-thigh and a semi-loose T-shirt, after washing her face and brushing her teeth, Min started for her kitchen. Rummaging through her cabinets and refrigerator, she heard a slight commotion coming from her front door and waited to see who would pop their head in first.

She got her answer when a tuft of tousled orange hair came into view. "Hey, Yoongi." She greeted somewhat cautiously before waiting a few moments more to ask, "Just you?" She normally would've gotten her answer by now, since the two other boys would usually make a much louder entrance from all the bickering. But they didn't. For a split second she wondered if something was wrong.

"Yeah," he responded just as carefully as he sat on the barstool in front of her, his eyes never leaving hers. "The guys had some things they needed to take care of."

"Oh alright," She nodded coolly. "Want me to make you anything?"

"Same thing you're having."

"Alright sit at the table. I'll be done in a few." She had him sit at the table, mainly because the way he looked at her was so unsettling. She should still be upset with him, and to a degree she was, but she hated the way it all seemed to fizzle out at the sight of him rather than grow. She didn't like that effect he had begun to have on her.

Min tried to physically shrug out of the gaze she knew he had directed towards her as she began prepping the ingredients before she started cooking. She was planning on making something a little sweeter this morning and opted for some Nutella stuffed French toasts and a side of maple-glazed bacon.

She took her time cooking. Usually to her cooking was fun and relaxing. In fact, she was used to cooking for four other mouths in the morning. But that morning, for whatever reason, she could feel it was different. It was just her and Yoongi (which has never happened), so she felt uncharacteristically pressured. It was irrational, how nervous she felt, but she couldn't help it. She had this weird need to kind of impress him despite the fact that he's already tasted her cooking plenty of times before. So maybe it wasn't really to impress him, maybe she just wanted to draw out a compliment or two from him. Either way, she was attentive, making extra sure she wouldn't anything up.

At the table Yoongi watched Min closely, since the night before he had been feeling a certain way. Granted, he had always been attracted to Min and maybe even liked her, but seeing her angry at him and then seeing the way other men were shamelessly looking at her like live bait really got to him. It ignited a certain possessive 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter