Scene 10: Trust

Dealing with Unexpected Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Scene 10: Trust    

Jooheon leaned against the opening to the office and looked at his cousin as she typed away on her computer, occasionally pausing to make a note on the small pad of paper right beside her hand. It had been almost a week since the events that took place in the club, and about 5 days since her thing with Yoongi. Jooheon didn't know about that, but he knew something was up when Jooheon and the two other boys got back to her apartment later that day only to hear her slamming all the cabinets in her wake as she moved about the kitchen to grab things to snack on. Jooheon, Taehyung and Namjoon eyed one another in utter confusion, and when the latter two went to go check on their other friend, they never came back. From that moment onwards, Jooheon suspected that something must've happened between Min and Yoongi. He just didn't know what.

"Are you just going to keep standing there and staring at me?"

He should've noticed that the sound of keys clicking that once filled up the quiet spaces of the apartment had ceased. His brows creased as he glanced over at the small girl who was leaning back against her swivel chair with an unreadable expression. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

Her brows furrowed in response. "No."

"Then no."

Min glared over in his direction before turning back and busying herself once again with her typing. Jooheon gave an exasperated sigh and started forward. "Min, about Yoongi and the guys-"

"Did you know?" She interrupted and with that alone he knew what she was referring to and what it was that was bothering her. Namjoon and Taehyung managed to tell him about how Shownu had greeted them in front of her casually. Welcoming them back as if he knew them... which he did. Only she didn't know that. She had this silly understanding that it would be their first time there.

"Of course I knew." He admitted carefully. "But they were only slightly before my time."

"What does that even mean? And what else don't I know?" She demanded as she stood up and marched right passed him to the living room. She needed some room to breathe—suddenly it felt like the walls of her office were caving in on her.

"I'm sorry, Min,," Jooheon was nearly pleading with her to understand. "But it's not my place to say."

"Are you seriously keeping things from me? Me! Of all people." She couldn't believe this. Since when? Since when did the two ever keep secrets from one another? Two things Min absolutely couldn't tolerate was lying and secrets and both were happening at the moment and by the only person she truly trusted more than anything.

"Min," Joohoen spoke her name so tenderly. "f I didn't think I could trust them, I wouldn't let them anywhere near you. You know that."

"You know I don't like being kept in the dark, Jooheon." Her eyes narrowed and her tone sharp. "So what are you keeping from me?"

"Don't be mad at him," She recognized Namjoon's voice right away. "He's just being a good friend."

"That doesn't excuse him of being a bad cousin."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter