Scene 14: Not Good Enough

Dealing with Unexpected Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Scene 14: Not Good Enough    

When Yoongi first saw Min he immediately thought she was the cutest girl he had ever seen. Now, lying beside her, skin radiating under the rays of the morning light sneaking through the slits of the curtains, he compared her beauty to that of an angel. It sounded stupid even to him, but there was nothing closer to the truth.

He brushed her messy locks away from her face and smiled when he caught the little bit of drool dribbling down the side of . She was sound asleep, alright, and it made him happy how comfortable she was with him to allow herself to sleep so deeply. 

He thought about the night before, about how the two of them released all inhibitions and opened themselves up to one another, physically; emotionally; spiritually. Maybe they were moving to fast, or maybe not fast enough, but if there was anything Yoongi learned from the loss of his brother and his best friends, it was that life was too short for hesitations. He worshipped Min and he would savor every moment together with her.

Allowing himself the indulgence of her, Yoongi moved forward and lightly brushed his lips against her bare shoulder.

The feathery touch of his lips on her skin was like a gentle caress that stirred her awake. He leaned back and kept his eyes on her while she moved to look over at the clock on her nightstand, her white sheets slipping down to her lower back.

"It's 4:30 in the morning. What are you doing up so early?" Her voice was lower, raspier even, and heavy with sleep.

He lifted his arm and made room for her as she pulled herself closer to him. Feeling his body flush against hers she sighed happily and closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around his waist and pressing her head firmly against his chest.

"I was thinking," he finally said after a moment.

"About?"

"You. Me. My brother. Life."

She looked up at him now, her brows furrowing in concern. "Do you do that often?"

"Sometimes," he shrugged. "I've suffered from Insomnia since that night."

"I'm sorry," she said quietly, her eyes softening as she looked away. "Have you consider taking something for that?"

"Therapy is enough." He was using his right arm — the arm wrapped beneath her small body — to draw lines up and down her spine and leaving goosebumps in their wake. "I don't like the idea of taking drugs. Prescription or not."

She shrugged. "I get it."

"Yeah?"

"I can't imagine the pain you guys went through, losing the people you love like that. I'm not going to pretend I do, either. But I can understand not wanting to become dependent on something that probably will do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter