Scene 2: The Neighbors

Dealing with Unexpected Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Scene 2: The Neighbors  

After hanging up with her cousin, Min stood back up beside her nightstand and was about to search up any nearby food delivery services on her cell when a sound back in her kitchen caught her attention. Her eyes narrowed in it's direction and she could swear she felt her heart still in her chest as the nerves overwhelmed every inch of her body.

No way did she have robbers already. Her luck couldn't possibly be that bad. She tried her best not to panic and jump to any conclusions, although maybe she should've accepted Jooheon's offer to go over instead of pushing it to the next day.

"," she hissed very, very quietly under her breath, careful to not attract any attention to herself if there was anyone there.

She stood there silently for a moment and wondered if she just imagined the sound since she hadn't heard anything else since then. Everything had become quiet and it made her wonder if maybe she was just imagining things. It would make sense. First night jitters and all.

Exhaling deeply and recollecting herself after a few more moments of stillness, Min concluded that maybe she was just imagining things and started toward her the direction of her kitchen and living area with her phone in hand, looking up what she was trying to before.

Walking through down the small hall and over to where it merged into the kitchen tucked on the left and the living room on her right, Min headed directly into the kitchen and started looking for a pen and paper to jot down the number of a nearby Wing Stop two blocks away that were still open for delivery. She had been looking up from the notepad to adjust the phone on her ear when she caught sight of three figures sitting on her couch in the living room, just sitting there watching TV.

At first she blinked repeatedly, thinking maybe she was just seeing things when she slowly started becoming petrified at the fact that it wasn't just a figment of her imagination, and that there were in fact three people casually sitting on her couch, which leaned against the left wall facing the TV on the opposing right wall.

Unable to control her shaking hands, Min dropped the phone on the kitchen counter that divided the living room from the kitchen and then stiffened when the three boys looked her way.

"W-who the hell are you?" She finally found her voice to say as their eyes continued to linger on her horrified state.

One of the boys, with a slight olive-toned complexion and blonde hair smiled in her direction, exposing a huge dimple on his cheek, remindi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter