What doesn't kill you make you stronger

BROKEN HEART SQUAD !

The sleeping beauty was awake from her slumber, feeling so fresh and relief . That was the most satisfying sleep Yuri ever had. Waking up never really feel so good, until now when her self was change from the ugly duck to the beautiful flawless swan.

 

With a smile Yuri removed the blanket that covering her body then walk to the front of the mirror. "Is it me ?".She asked to her self couldn't believe if the reflection she saw on the mirror was her. Why the mirror looking so good just now, with her reflection on it. Slowly she drifted back to the memory when she still in her old style and self. No one even want to look at her , No one given her much attention. She just plainly invisible for the eyes of the people in Campus.

 

The only people who want to be close with her is just her best friend Taeyeon, but after the rejection incident she doubt it if Taeyeon really her best friend now. She've been betrayed Yuri by not telling the bet of Jessica and the others, just for a sake of free lunch. 

Her fist clenched tightly, Remembering about that make her anger, sadness, pain and embarrassment emerged from the very back of her mind.

 

Why Jessica ? Why ?. Yuri look at the blonde girl's picture that she put on the corner of the mirror. Her heart feel so hurt looking at that beautiful face. She thought Jessica was a nice person, she thought she's different, she thought Jessica like her and at least want to be her friend. But Yuri has been mistaken for all the nice things jessica did to her. It's just for the sake of a bet.

 

She still remember when the first time she met Jessica. That was the beginning of new semester, she was briskly running to catch her next class while holding her afro hair. Running with a hair like that is kind of troublesome.

"Please i'm not late, i'm not late..".Yuri muttered still running in fast in the campus hallway. She was a student Majoring in Business and Minoring in Dance performance ,precisely ballet.

 

"Aughhh..".Yuri groaned in pain when she suddenly bumped into someone. All her books fell to the floor , her also felt sore. She look up to see the least people she wants to see in the university. Hyoyeon, Sunny and Sooyoung , three girls who always bully her since in high school.

 

"Watch Your step Ditz !".Sunny scoffed glaring at Yuri.

"S-sorry..".Yuri apologized while fixing her glass then start to gather all her books back. She doesn't want to be near this three girls longer because it's always turn into something bad.

"Ow..who's this ? The black broccoli haha..".The tallest girl from them all , Sooyoung laughing mocking Yuri by the nickname this three people gave to her."Ackk !".She suddenly yelp in pain when she felt someone's foot stepping at her hand.

 

"You bumped us in purpose right ?! You didn't like us right ?!".Hyoyeon accused with anger tone in her voice.

"No ack, please Let me go !".The tanned girl struggled to get free her hand from Hyoyeon.

"STOP !".Just when she thought she will lose one of her hand, suddenly someone come to the scene helping Yuri. "What you all think you're doing ?! Let her go !".Jessica commanded in her bossy tone , glaring coldly at the three girls.

 

"Get lost Jessica ! It's not your damn business !".Sooyoung also glare not wanting to lose from the shorter girl . But being Jessica who famous for her icy stare she's capable of making all her opponents cowered, like being thrown to the north pole and ending up shivering almost getting hypothermia. Sooyoung's lips trembled. "Guys Lets go !".Sooyoung motioned for her friends to follow her and run immediately from Jessica. "I'll pay you back later Jessica ! I'll tell my mommy about this !".Sooyoung's voice nearly cracked in tears. "Just you see !"

 

Jessica chuckled while shaking her head, Sooyoung still like her old self . Big mouth and mommy's girl. She turn her attention to the poor girl who's rubbing the sore part on her hand."Hey are you ok ?".She asked in concern tone .

Is it really happened ? Why one of the most popular girl in Campus want to talk to Yuri and ask her condition in such a worry tone."I-i'm ok..".Yuri answered stuttering.

 

"Are you sure ?".Jessica asked again start to bend her body helping Yuri to pick her books. They hands briefly touch, Yuri gulped feeling nervous all of sudden.She stood up playing with the strap of her bag.

"Yeah..T-thank you for helping me..".The tanned girl bowed slightly preparing her self to continue her walk heading to her next class. But she stopped when Jessica called her again.

 

"We have the same class right ?".Jessica asked cracking a smile , Yuri nodded answering it."How if we go there together ?".

Yuri look surprised "R-really ? A-are you sure ?"

"Yeah..why not ?".Jessica shrugged motioning Yuri to walk together beside her towards the class. Yuri gulped standing side by side with the beautiful blonde, It's unbelievable really. Why she acted so nice in front of Yuri ?. That time , Yuri didn't have any suspicious feeling until the moment when she confessed about her feeling, Then All the beans spilled. Leaving Yuri with a broken heart.

 

Yuri groaned putting her hands on the chest, she shook her head trying to get rid off that memory, bad memory. It's not important to look back at the past. All that matter now is , Yuri changed , into a really beautiful girl that she never expected can happen to her life.

 

She let out a satisfied sigh, it's all thanks to Professor Im. If it's not because of her ,Yuri wouldn't look like this by now. It's strange to remember that they just met but they already close like already know each other for years. Maybe because the same series of unfortunate events in their life, they share the feeling of empathy and can get along with each other very well.

 

Yuri pursed her lips furrowing her brows, she needs to do something for the doe-eyed girl, to pay back for what she give for Yuri. But what ? Money is a problem for Yuri now, since she still didn't have a job or any other thing to earn for money.

 

"Come on Yuri think ! She did the make over for you, bought you some branded clothes , and let you stay in her place. At least do something for her !.".She tapped her head trying to find a result. She grinned when she got something. "That's right ! I will do it !".With a satisfied smile she start to walk out from the bedroom.

 

"Yaaawwwwnnn n..".Scratching her head walking out from her bedroom still in her bed hair. Yoona just wake up to start the day, she chuckled she doesn't know why she feels so excited for today. With half close eyes she take a seat on the living room couch turning on her plasma TV. "Wait..".Yoona murmured feeling uneasy."There's something wrong with my place ... ".She gasped. "What the hell ?!".Her eyes widen checking every corner of her apartment. It's all.."Clean !". She said in surprised, all the books and papers been put neatly on the shelves, There is no clothes laying or hanging, no trace of uneaten food, There is no animal,insect or other creature in her apartment she doubt there's even germs in here.

 

She fumed in anger already knowing who's the culprit is. "YURI !!".She said it loudly calling the tanned girl.

"I'm in the kitchen !".Knowing where the other girl was, Yoona immediately stomping her feet towards the kitchen look so angry and anxious.

"Kwon Yuri ! Why the hell yo,-".Yoona's words left unfinished when she arrived at the kitchen. There, in the kitchen her comrade , Yuri standing so y yet look innocent with only wearing a red tank top, short and pink apron. Yoona gulped, Yuri just look like a role playing maid in every po,-. Now , what Yoona thinking about ?!.

 

"Professor Im, here i make you breakfast..".Yuri smile innocently extending the french toast she just cook for Yoona, oblivious with what Yoona's battling in her mind now.

Yoona immediately snapped all the inappropriate thoughts in her head, it's maybe because Yuri's change has been turn out too good, some kind of euphoria. Like seeing an attractive person in TV or street, at first we like to see them but as time goes by the feeling gone. It's just temporary yeah temporary."Professor Im ?".Yuri called the doe-eyed girl again because she seems spacing out.

 

Yoona then back to reality."Wh-what ?! Oh yes You !".she pointed directly to the tanned girl."For the sake of 100 000 billion cells in human body ! Why in the hell my apartment look so tidy and clean ?!". She stare at Yuri in fierce.

"W-well i cleaned it..".Yuri stuttered intimidated by the doe-eyed girl.

Yoona gasped . "You cleaned it ? You cleaned it ?! How dare you ?! I don't like it when other people touch my stuffs..".She said in loud frightening Yuri.

Yuri lowered her head."I-i'm sorry, i didn't mean to cross your privacy. I just want to pay you back for what you did and gave to me. I don't have money so i just can do this for you..".She then bow ninety degree."I'm sorry Professor Im , if i make you uncomfortable..".Her voice trembled trying her best not to burst into cry.

 

Guilty , slowly creeping to Yoona's sense. Why she have to feel guilty all of sudden ? It's her right to be mad at Yuri right ? But looking at the girl who looks so down in front of her, Yoona regret for whatever she sayings earlier. Why Yoona have to be exaggerate over everything ?!. "A-at least , You have to ask my permission first..".Now her voice become softer than before. But Yuri still looks so sad and down. Yoona groaned internally, she have to put Yuri in a good mood again. It's not that she cares but Psychologically people who felt so down wouldn't do everything correctly, and in this case about their revenge plan. Yoona have to lighten Yuri's mood again.

 

"You made this for me ? Can i eat it ?".Yoona asked pointing at the french toast.

"Yes !".Yuri's eyes lit up in cheerful. "I made those for you Professor !".She's back to her usual self. Yoona chuckled internally , well it's easier than she thought. "Here..".Yuri put the plate on the kitchen counter. "What do you want for beverage ? Coffee ? Milk ? Tea ? Orange juice ? Anything else ?"

 

"Coffee.."

"Alright ! Lets start a day with coffee..".Yuri took a mug that has 'But first coffee' written on it then prepare the beverage for the young professor. "Here..enjoy !".Yoona look at the girl underestimated, before continued to eat her breakfast.She have to praise Yuri for her cook,it's sure taste good in her tongue. She wonder what else that felt so good from Yuri. The cook ! Yoona's thinking about the cook !

 

No one make a sound, except Yoona's munching voice. Yuri silently watch the girl attentively, she thought that Professor Im is a cute and beautiful girl but why Tiffany left her. It's sure a waste.She's stupid to let the young professor go. 

 

Yoona noticed that Yuri staring at her, she turn her attention to the tanned girl lifting her brows and still full of food."What ?"

Yuri shook her head ,smiling while holding her chin with her palms leaning her elbows at the counter. "Nothing , You enjoy the food so much. Is it good ?"

 

Yoona swallowed it first before answering, but she have to answer it in a way that it's not compliment nor critic."When you're hungry, whatever come to your mouth and stomach ,are edible..". She have to pat her own shoulder for that.

Yuri giggled."Keke..just say ,you like my hand made french toast..".Yoona rolled her eyes then take a sip of her coffee."Say it Professor Im, You're actually a nice person right ?".Yuri don't know why that question suddenly come up.

"Why you think so ?"

 

Yuri shrugged. "I just feel it..and you didn't look like a bad person for me.."

Yoona have to chuckle for that statement."Yuri..you know the saying about : Don't judge a book by its cover, Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, Appearances can be deceiving ?. ".She paused pulling her legs to the chair."You have to change your vision Yuri, in this cruel and dangerous world where criminals can be found lurking in everywhere ..from a rat hole till a lion lair, being naive and innocent is a last option.."

 

"So you're a criminal ?!".Yuri let out a shock expression.

Yoona sighed. "From all the words i've been said , why criminal is the part that really intrigued you ?!"

Yuri grinned. "Sorry..i couldn't understand what you're implying."

"Hahh..forget it..Take me another !"

Yuri nodded putting another french toast on Yoona's plate."Here..".she cheerfully serving Yoona.

 

"She will make a good housewife..".Yoona thought internally. Then she remember about something. "You , start to prepare for the gym ..".She informed.

"Gym ?"

"Uhum, like i said ..you have to work out for your body, so other people especially Jessica will never put their eyes off from you..".Yuri nodded gradually running in tiptoe to her bedroom for changing her clothes. Yoona sighed looking at the girl's back while shaking her head, she's sure so innocent, Yoona thought then turn back to her plate. She startled when she saw nothing. "Damn, i want another.."

 

*Rub rub rub*

 

"Any reason why you're rubbing and wearing that fake moustache , Professor Im ?".Yuri asked pointing her finger to the big fake moustache.With an expressionless face, Yoona took a whistle from her pocket then blew it strongly.*Shrillll*. Yuri cringed covering her ears.

"I'm Your gym trainer for today ! This moustache give me a strict image so i can look intimidating then you will follow what i'm saying.."

 

"Without that moustache you already look intimidating..".Yuri teased smirking in process.

"Ohoho..".Yoona laughed sarcastically. "So you dare to tease me now ? Just you see ! I will make your gym training a hell !".Yuri gulped because the warn. "Come here little mice , let's begin your torture kukuku..".Yoona took the tanned girl by her clothes pulling Yuri to enter the gym.

 

"Wowwwww..beautiful"

"So yyyyy..."

"Is she a model ?"

 

The comments that Yuri got as she step onto the gym was amazing. People never put their eyes off from Yuri. Yoona nodded in satisfaction, feeling proud because it's mean her experiment with Yuri is going to be a success. Different thing with Yoona, the tanned girl oblivious with the reason about people's eyes on her, it's instead make her uncomfortable because she didn't used with this kind of attention.

 

"Why they looking at me that way ?".Yuri asked in whisper tone to her trainer.

"It's blatantly obvious, You're beautiful Yuri ! That's why they adore you ..".Yoona grinned cheekily while rubbing the fake moustache. Hearing the answer Yuri can't help her self but feeling flutter and blushing . She shyly walk further to the gym, enjoying people's gaze. There's even a dude who's falling from running on the cardio when Yuri walk passed him, he's too distract by Yuri's beauty.

 

Yoona blew the whistle. "Ok my gym student, lets do stretching first before we begin our exercise !".Yoona extended her arms upward following by Yuri while she start to count. "1..2..3..". After stretching they move to a cardio. "You have 30 minutes to run. Go !".Yuri do as the young professor commanded, she start to run in the slow pace on the cardio then it's run faster as she prolong it. Yoona sighed ,feeling bored waiting Yuri to finish her run , it's just 15 minutes there's still 15 minutes remain.

 

A genius person like Yoona need to entertain her self, what to do then ? Exercises is not a choice because yoona despised it so much. She smirked when she saw the cardio control panel. She already said want to make Yuri's exercise being a hell right ? and she also want to pay back for what the tanned girl said to her about intimidating look. With a swift move , Yoona turn the speed of the cardio from slow to high, startling the tanned girl . "Ackkk it's getting fast Professor !"

 

"So what ? That's mean you also have to get faster in your run..".Yoona giggled evilly in mind. Yuri tried her best to run faster but the cardio seems out of control, that's it Yuri will eventually fall to the floor. But before that, she have to bring a friend . Yuri used her strength to pull Yoona by her clothes , taking her together to meet the floor.

 

"Aughhh..".The two of them groaned in pain laying side by side. "Why you pull me ?!".Yoona said in annoyed.

"It's because you change the speed too much ! I know you do it on purpose !"

"I just want you to shape your body quicker !"

"No you're not ! You just torturing me !".Anxiously Yuri get up from the floor. "I'm done !".She pouted taking her feet to the little cafeteria in the gym.

 

"H-hey ! Where are you going ? Why you're the one who mad at me .?!".Yoona groaned taking her feet to follow Yuri. Maybe, she's a little too much this time."Yuri..".Yoona poked the tanned girl's back, but Yuri keep ignoring and back facing her. "Isn't it weird that you're the one who mad at me ?"

"So what ?!".Yoona startled when yuri brag the table that part them. "I have to laugh it out when people ting at my face ?! Ants could bite genius !".She scoffed turning her back to face yoona.
 
Wow. Yoona felt amazed, how could there's an art when Yuri looks mad and grumpy."So-Sorry..i know i'm too much this time but..".Yoona tried to find an excuse."I just ..want you to have a perfect body. Our plan is also depend on this one, with your body You can seduce Jessica Jung easily..and i can get Tiffany back to me..".What yoona got was silent. "Yuri ? hey..YURI !! Arrghh...alright..alright..".She's getting frustrated. "I will give you whatever you want if you go back to the exercise ..".Yoona offered.
 
"Really ?".It's got Yuri's attention but she still back facing the young professor.Yoona make a movement with her head . "Anything i want ?". Finally she turn her body to face Yoona. 
"Yep..anything you wantttt..".Yuri smirked then tap her chin thinking what to ask to the doe-eyed girl.
"Emm actually, when we ran to this place. I caught a cupcake store just couple blocks from here. It's all looks so tempting and delicious.."
 
Yoona rolled her eyes. "So you want to buy those cupcakes ?".Yuri nodded excitedly. "Haaahh..alright, i'll buy you tch..even if you want to buy the store. I can do it..".She said cockily.
"Thank you Professor Im ! No thanks, i just want to buy some.."
"Alright then, go back to your exercise..".
"Ay ay captain !".Yuri nodded running back to the gym. Yoona sighed in exhausted, even without exercise she already burn some calories. How long she have to be put with this needy girl ?
 
"1..2..3..".Yuri counted her move , lifting the barbell upward with people still staring at her. She didn't mind it now though, because she thinks she getting used to it.
"Wow..she's so strong.."
"Goddess.."
"I never know that lifting a barbell could be this hot.."
"I want to her sweat~~"
 
In another side, in the very corner of the gym . Yoona smirked watching people's expression when they stare at Yuri. There some girls who's giggling and blushing shyly, boys who's drooling over Yuri, and even got a . Eww, Yoona cringed in disgust then scribbling something on the pad. "Well well, you better than my expectation Yuri..it's psychologically good. If other people interests in you no doubt that Jessica will also fall for you..". She couldn't wait the moment when Jessica meet the NEW Yuri. "Nice progress, it's like trying to catch a mouse. Give them a good quality of Swiss cheese first and then BAM we got the mouse in the death trap HaHaHa..".She laughed like a maniac oblivious with people staring in weird at her.
 
~~
 
"Oww..I felt sore all over my body..".The tanned girl moaned while massaging her own shoulder. She's glad that it's over though , and they already in the way to get back to the apartment. There's nothing Yuri want to do again except laying on the bed, getting a rest.
"There ! You're complaining again, this is the part of the plan. Beautiful girl is a fit girl !"
"Yeah..yeah i get it. You promise me to buy a cupcake right ? How about now ?"
"All you care is just about cupcakes !".Yoona scoffed. "But it's ok, it's been awhile i didn't eat cupcake though..Come on !".They headed to the Cupcakes store nearby , with a wide smile spread on her beautiful lips Yuri cannot wait to taste it , but she flinched when Yoona suddenly push her to the side.
 
"What are you doing ?!".Yuri asked in annoyed her body sore already and now Yoona make it worse.
The doe-eyed girl hushed her. "Sstt..Look !".She pointed at the Cupcakes counter direction. Yuri gasped and widen her eyes when she saw two familiar person who's busy choosing Cupcakes. Jessica and Tiffany.
"What are they doing in here ?!".Yuri asked in anxious tone trying her best to sound loud.
"Buying Cupcakes of course, i forgot that my gi,- i mean my ex-girlfriend also like buying Cupcakes here , especially in weekend. ".Yoona explained then sighing."Usually she took me here with her, but now she's with someone else..".She murmured in sadness tone.
 
"So ..Which one do you choose babe ?".Jessica asked while smiling full of love to her eye-smile girlfriend.
Tiffany tapped her chin. "Emmm..I want that pink one Jessi, pweaseee..".She begged with a child like tone.
Jessica chuckled. "Of course babe , i will give everything you want..".She rubbed her girlfriend's cheeks softly."But you have to give me something tonight ,yes ?".She wiggled her brows naughtily.
 
"Ooww ..Jessi~ of course, i couldn't refuse it..".Tiffany pinched Jessica's arms playfully.
"Alright babe~~ ".Her expression change into cold when she turn her attention to the store keeper. "Hey You ! You heard her ! Take that pink cupcake !".The poor girl nodded in frighten then do her job quickly.
"Hmmm..baby I love you~"
"I love you too babe~~"
 
Yoona cringed in disgusted watching and hearing all the scenes in front of her. "Tch..Cheesy Jessica, i think she ate swiss cheese too much, right Yuri ?".She turned to the side but frowning when the girl suddenly gone. "Yuri ?".She checked the space around to find the tanned girl , afraid if she done something stupid like marching to the two other girls in the store. But then, she sighed in relief when she caught Yuri was sitting on the pavement at the side of the road, looking so gloom. Yoona then immediately approached her. "What are you doing in here ?! How if they caught us ?! Our plan will be ruin ..". she said in annoyed tone but what she got just a silent treatment from Yuri.
 
Yoona lift her brows placing her self beside Yuri then touch her shoulder briefly. "Hey...Yuri ?".She asked softly then got surprised when she saw tears coming from Yuri's eyes. "Wh-why you're crying ?"
Sniffed. "You see those two right , Professor ? They all look happy and lovey dovey..Do you think we can ruin their relationship easily ? I doubt it..".Yuri whined scribbling something on the pavement.
 
"We talked about this Yuri.., We have to be positive. I know we can do it, we've been through a lot . Like Kelly Clarkson said : What doesn't kill you make you stronger~. There's nothing impossible..there must be a chance.".Yoona tried to motivated The tanned girl again.
"Yeah but, it's a little possibility.."
Yoona sighed then put her hands on Yuri's shoulder, turning the tanned girl to look at her. "Yuri, i know it's hurt. But it's no use to keep being sad and down, remember they got their happiness from our misery.."
 
"How about you professor ?".Yoona lift her brows ."How's your feeling to see them ? I know , you also got hurt right ? Maybe worse from mine..to see your former girlfriend who cheated on you,with someone else and look so happy..".Yoona got silent after Yuri's statement , she lose the grip on the girl's shoulder turning her eyes to another direction but Yuri.
 
"Yeah..You could say that..I'm sad, i'm mad, i'm broken heart..".Yoona said in soft tone "But ! I have a faith in my self ! That i can ruin their relationship and give them their Karma, You also need to have that in you Yuri ! Persistent ! ..Persistent to get your happiness !". Sad but truth, Yuri have to admit that the young professor was right. She's not the only one here, why she have to act all butthurt when Yoona also feel the same.
 
"I'm sorry Professor, if my attitude troubling you.."
Yoona sighed. "That's ok, i understand how's your feeling. You still new in this. Just remember , You're not alone here.."
Yuri blushed , feeling ashamed with her immature attitude Yoona nearly have the same age as her, yet the professor is look so mature to face this kind of problem.
 
"How you can be so strong Professor ?"
Yoona sighed. "Believe me, i worse than you before.."
Yuri smirked. "Yeah, your apartment is the evidence..".She teased.
"Don't mention about my apartment ! ".Yoona said in annoyed but deep inside she's glad that Yuri already back to her self. "So, i think those two already gone..want to continue to buy the cupcakes ?"
 
"Nah..i lost my appetite..let's just go home. It's cold..".Yuri shivered rubbing her arms .
Yoona got up from her seat. "Yeah..MY HOME.."
"Don't emphasize it !"
"I'm hungry .. Make me something good when we got home.."
"Ay ay professor..how about Spaghetti ?"
"Make it three.."
 
"What ? you sure eat so much for a skinny girl.."
"Shut up.."
"Keke..Professor.."
"What ?"
"Keke..nothing "
"What ?!"
"Nothing...."
"Yuriiii.."
"Nothing !"
"YURIIIIII !!!"
 
To be continue