Out of calculation

BROKEN HEART SQUAD !

Dreadful, aching, dizzy, awful it's the perfect words to describe how Yuri's feeling with her head after she woke up from her deep slumber. "Arghhh..". The light from the curtain blinding her eyes, but wait a minute , it's not the same curtain she used to see when she awoke, not the same wardrobe and not the same room !. Where is she now ?! Was someone kidnapping her ?!. It nearly impossible though, since Yuri not a rich girl nor someone can have any profit to taking her. and this place, luxurious and comfortable room is not a suit place for kidnapping, where it should be in a dark basement or an abandoned old hut deep in the creek something. So , where is she now ?.

 

" Ah ..".Then it struck into her brain, well some of the remaining cells in her brain, which didn't got the impact of the alcohol the night before .That she is now in a mansion , that Yoona rented for fooling Jessica onto their wicked scheme.

 

Yuri sat up from the bed , cringed ,feeling the headache coming , then lay again. Now, she seriously decided for awhile she wouldn't put her finger or on something alcoholic. Drunk sure are good but never have a really nice benefit.

 

Yuri blinked her eyes couple of times, trying to console her head from the aching feeling. Slowly, drifting to the memories of last night , vividly she remembered about Jessica's coming, they have dinner, Professor Im disguised as a butler, she and Jessica having a walk in pool, Jessica's confession...and then...and then what ?

 

"Arghhh..". Yuri tried to get up again from the bed, though the headache still there but it seems better a bit. " Professor ?".She called for the doe-eyed girl maybe she can help her for the headache."Professor ?!".It still silent even after Yuri called her twice and louder.

 

Yuri's tired , squinty eyes caught a white paper on the drawer, she moved her a bit to get a better look. There was a cup fill with pills on the note and a glass of water beside it. Curious , she took the note and the pills , and read the contents of the paper.

 

 'Eat.It'

 

The tanned girl chuckled, so straight forward, cute handwritten ,who else if it's not from Yoona. She eyed the pills one last time, the professor always seems to prepare everything. That's what Yuri really admired about the girl. It seems like Yoona always put the puzzle pieces in the right position, while Yuri is the one who always wrong in every position she got.

 

She sighed , then reach for the glass of water on the drawer. She really need this hungover medicine to make her feel better. She put the pill on the further side of then reach for the water. One gulp...two gulp.... !!!!!!

 

Her eyes suddenly bolt open in surprise and realisation, following by a chronic cough. She remember now ! She remember everything ! She remember everything about last night !

After Jessica's confession , Yuri got drunk and then Jessica go home, then She got take care by the professor then when they were in this room !. Yuri shamelessly kiss professor Im Yoona ! Almost french !

 

"Ackkk ! ! ..". She cursed loudly , biting on her fist while walking back and forth. She's blushing madly remembering that embarrassing moment. What in the world gotten into Yuri's head that time ?! Of course , it's alcohol who controlled , but why can't she stopped it !. And to top it all, why she was feeling so good of kissing Yoona that time .

" Arghh stupid ! Stupid  !".That's why Yoona is nowhere to be found or doesn't want to come for her call. She must be really mad at Yuri now, she must be. Thing will be so awkward from now, but Yuri still have to apologize to the young professor.

 

She immediately rush out from the room, trying to find the doe-eyed girl , anywhere possible. But even after she visit every corner of this BIG mansion, she still can't find the professor. Where is she now ?. "Argh..". Yuri groaned again." It's really bad..".She ruined it all, the professor must be got offence by her previous act and then ran away doesn't want to have any business again with a stupid , ert girl like Yuri. Yes , she's ert for forcing her self onto Yoona.

 

Her phone caught her attention, maybe she have to try to call the girl by it. But how if the professor didn't want to pick it up or worse, she already change her number !. "Whatever , it worth a try though..". She unlocked her phone screen then search for Im Yoona's name on the contacts.

 

 

~~~

" Hmmm..".With a satisfied smile of having a good Arabican coffee on the cup,bacon and eggs on the table , sweet oldies music from the juke box and a morning news paper . Yoona spoiled her self at her favourite Diner.

 

"Kospi weakened aww too bad, Hang Seng hmm not good not bad, Dow Jones..tchh..the economic never getting better nowadays..". She reach for the coffee and took a sip of it. Spoiling her self in an american style Diner having breakfast. This place really reminded her about the time in Ohio or is it Los Angeles ?. Hmm one cannot easily remember a place when one travelled too many places.

 

The place was a little bit quiet, just sound from juke box and the tv hanging from above airing a recorded baseball game. There's also not many people came yet, only her , the employee and the elderly who's having chess on the back.

 

It's all a perfect morning, but have to bare in mind that there's no such thing as perfection . Especially when you got a phone call when you didn't expect any. " Hmm..".She sighed boredly, digging her hand to her pocket. Who could've been ? She really hope it's not from insurance agency, credit card or.. "Yuri !!". She shrieked loudly then bounce her phone on her palms surprisingly, like it's a fried chicken who just come out from the pan , so hot but so inviting to eat.

Yoona stopped from her action when she realized the employee eyeing her in quite a weird look. " Hehe..".She grinned bowing her head slightly to the employee then put her attention back to her phone. "Geezz..". She really don't want to talk with Yuri right now. It will be so awkward especially with the thing that happened last night. But she also can't ignore her like that, she knows what kind of thoughts for a person who's having a not so intelligent brain like Yuri will think. 

Either she thinks Yoona mad at her or , either ran away from her. Or maybe both.
 
Clearing Yoona decided to receive the phone call, but she have to be cool and act like nothing happened. " What ?".She talked to the other line with her usual stoic tone.
 
"Professor !!!". Yoona cringed for the loud voice piercing to her ears. Geez , this girl really didn't know a manner of phoning someone. Maybe Yoona have to teach her about secretarial vocation.
 
" What ?!".Yoona replied again with a louder stoic tone.
 
"Ehh..P-professor..Where are you now ? I want to apologize to you..". Yuri's tone sounded so sincere , upset and worry. Yoona can imagine that the tanned girl now walking back and forth in nervous.
 
" Apologize of what ?".Yoona for once acting dumb.
 
"Apologize of of..". Yuri gulped." Of what happened last night".The tone in the other line weakened, sounded like someone might be hearing their conversation.
 
"What happened last night ?". Again Yoona acted like she couldn't remember everything. Where the truth is , it still freshly carved on her smart brain. The soft skin of Yuri's lips, something that Yoona couldn't forget the taste and curious to capture again. The young professor shook her head, hitting by a realisation that it's not appropriate for her to think such way for her partner. " What ?".She asked Yuri to repeat , since her attention was taken away by the memories last night.
 
"I said..mmm.". Yuri paused." Maybe we can meet,now. Where are you professor ? I want to talk about it directly to you.".Perfectly, Yoona can imagine Yuri bit her lower lip, the same lip she tasted last night.
 
Yoona sighed ,actually she doesn't want to meet with the tanned girl right now. It's not that she doesn't want to see Yuri, instead she really want to. Having to see her everyday is like Yoona's new routine. An obsessive impulses, that Yoona enjoyed to do. Yet, Yoona have this confuse feeling on her chest. A heavy feeling where she couldn't describe whether it's good or bad. Her eyes wanted to see Yuri but her heart couldn't fathom what kind of feeling she has later when Yuri in front of her.
 
"I'm sorry Yuri, but i'm busy right now. I'm out of town,having a free lecture for other university.". It's so hard to tell a lie. But in someone with a profession like Yoona, the tone of telling the truth and lie almost the same. She feels bad though, the other girl must be really desperate to see her but still, Yoona have to search for the answer first. The answer about this palpating heart whenever Yuri around her. It's not something Yoona could found in the books,laboratorium or ancient graffitis. Yoona have to seek it with her self, no formulas,no theories just with the part she had as human being. The senses.
 
Yoona could sensed the dropping excitement in the other line. " O-okay..".Yuri quietly said. "But professor, you-you didn't mad at me right ? You didn't try to avoid or run away from me right ?"
 
Yoona chuckled."Why should i ?".She rest her elbows on the bar counter."There's nothing i have to be mad at you, well at least right now."She said sarcastically.
 
"Hufft..i'm serious Professor.."
"You think i never serious with my words ?!"
"Sorta."
 
"Listen Yuri, Whatever things come up to your mind right now. Don't expand it. I'm good, there's nothing you have to be worry Yuri. Whatever happened last night.." Yoona paused."It something we couldn't control and something that didn't mean..anything..for both of us.".The young professor closed her eyes. It does mean everything for her. It does mean the world. Yet, she couldn't just say it. Where everything still complex with confusion.
 
At first , Yoona start to worry when the line goes quiet for rather a long time. Then she can took a breath again when Yuri's voice come up, but rather with a shaky tone."I- I..Understand..".She paused."I just, afraid that you're mad or...Whatever !".Her tone slightly changed to usual."When you'll back ?"
 
"Maybe tomorrow..".
 
" Okay...See you later Professor.."
"See you later Yuri.."
 
The conversation was over ,but none of the two decide to push the end button."You still there professor ?".Yuri finally asked.
 
"I'm here Yuri.."
"Alright, i'm going to hung up."
"Okay..". Within three seconds , the line then went off.
 
Yoona sighed , placing her phone beside then buried her head on her arms. She screwed this, her head in perfect description of dilemma. " What's up ?".The employee's voice awakened her from her thoughts. Yoona shook her head with a thin smile giving a weak nothing. "Another coffee ?". The employee offered raising the pot. Yoona nodded and the hot black coffee once again pouring to her cup.
 
" Thank you..".Yoona took the caffeinate beverage to her lips, just what she really need by now. The employee sensing that his customers didn't really mean about her 'nothing' respond earlier.
 
"You know..". The employee started."The best way to pour your thoughts out is to a stranger. No worry to have, because maybe you just met them once in your life." Yoona didn't know how to respond."And don't worry , i'm not a ert flirty stereotype guy who'll profit for a girl's despair and seek an opportunity in the end. I'm genuinely willing to listen.."
 
"I'm sure you're not..". Of course, with not really much customers who comes. Yoona must be really attract this guy's attention.
 
" I really love my job, maybe standing here is quite boring and dull but i got to saw new people's faces everyday, and sometimes i also listened to their stories.".The guy told."Yesterday, i listened to a man who have unhappy marriage life, some about adultery, some about politics, teenagers who goes on about their Kpop idols and imagine to marry them in the future and mostly, i listened about football. "
 
Yoona smiled."You sure have so many experiences about people.."
 
The guy chuckled."I did, the good way to have a conversation in the morning is with a cup of coffee and some strangers's ears to listen. They wouldn't judge you, because they didn't know your everyday lives and vice versa."
 
"Yet it's not as simple as football or kpop idols.."
"I'm willing to put a new thing to my list of people's dirty little secret "
 
Yoona chuckled again."I don't know how to start it."
"Don't rush your self.."
 
Maybe , Yoona thought, it's no harm to tell about her problems to this guy. Since the only thing she needs by now is , someone who willing to listen to her."I thought that..".She started."My life has been in sync. Where i could find my self happy with my job, happy with the way i live right now. Seeing the same people everyday, especially someone loved.".She imagined Tiffany's face. "But then..". Tiffany's face blurred replacing bit by bit with the fragments of Yuri's face." It's not really like what i thought about. Especially when a new thing barging in, ruining your perfect routine and your faith."
 
The guy frowned like Yoona talked in some ancient language of Sanskrit but he didn't gave up ."Is it about a person ?".He asked.
 
"Yeah..You know, i thought that my faith this whole time have been stable but since..this person..come , everything seems puzzled. I'm in a deep pit of confusion.". Yoona sighed.
 
" Well, life always have the most wicked way to tell us about the real meaning of life. So ,you're saying that since this person come to your live. Your faith , perception,thoughts have changed ?".Yoona nodded."Then how your opinion about that ? I mean are you annoyed with this person ,mad ,sad or uncomfortable ?"
 
"I don't know, too complicated". Yoona paused." Maybe the opposite of what you've been mentioned.
"Hmm..". He smiled." Then what you have to be confuse for ? if it's something that can bring positive aspects for you,"
 
"It's just , i don't know if the person also feel the same like i do. I'm always good with judging people but with her, everything so vague."
 
The guy hummed , now he knows the root of this problem is about a girl."Someone ever said to me, something you believed can become unbeliavable yet something unbeliavable can lead you to believe it . And then that time , you have to decide to believe it with your heart not your mind. Mind can changed but heart it's the most honest part of human being. And rare enough to disappoint you."
Heart, the opposite  from logical thinking with mind or brain. Yoona always perceived this whole world with logical thinking, she rarely used her heart. That's what part from other people mostly. Heart, Yoona have to use her heart for this matter. Yet , when she reverted her attention to her heart, only one thing she could found, Yuri.
 
~~~
Today in the campus , Yuri found her self slowing in everything she does. A minute feel like a year, moreover an hour. Maybe she's exaggerating it, but that's what she felt. She didn't even try to reply back the greets of her fellow students, just a force smile and nod. Everybody start to wonder, What has gotten into the beauty to have a mood like that ?
 
If they can seek further into Yuri's deepest mind , they can only found a certain doe-eyed girl as the cause. Professor Im Yoona, Yuri took her breath deeply as she stroll on the hallway while sharpening her hearing sense in the hope of , Yoona's voice suddenly come to the earrings 'walkie-talkie'. But however Yuri tried , it's useless, the voice never came.
 
Just now Yuri realized , how important Yoona's presence for her. It's been her routine to receive direction from the young professor. The longing of having the doe-eyed girl come incessantly. Until now, Yuri still didn't know and confuse how her true feeling towards Yoona. Is it merely just a partner or maybe something else.
 
"Hi Anna !". Yuri turned around slowly just to see a cheeky petite girl calling for her. Taeyeon, having a full bright smile on her face,clearly the opposite of Yuri by now.
 
" Hi Tae..".The tanned girl greeted back forcedly continuing her walk but noticed the other girl following her.
 
On the other side ,Taeyeon frowned. There's something different from her 'new' friend. The scowl on that beautiful face described nothing but sadness. Maybe she forgot to buy a new branded fashion clothes ? Or missing a vacation on a luxury yacht ?, Taeyeon deducted something that for her some problems for a beautiful perfect girl like Choi Anna. But of course, to find the real answer she have to ask her.
 
"Ehh..Anna ? What happened ? You looked ..sad.". Taeyeon asked in concern looking up and down to the taller girl.
 
Yuri threw a forced smile to the girl." I'm ok Tae..just not in mu right mood i guess."
"You know you can count on me. ". Taeyeon offered." Maybe i cannot help, but i'm willing to listen."
 
Yuri sighed."It's nothing Tae, I'm really ok.."
Taeyeon pursed her lips."You know you remind me of my old friend , Yuri.".Yuri stopped from her tracks suddenly."She always acted tough, but inside i know she's as fragile as a domino.".Taeyeon has a sad smile on her.
 
"Do you miss her ?". Yuri asked with a discreet cold tone, that she tried hard not to make Taeyeon notice it.
 
" Uhum.".Taeyeon nodded."More than miss her, i'm craving for her presence around me. But , i doubt that she even want to see me again , since what i've done for her was unforgivable."
 
Yuri chuckled coldly."Regret always come in the end.".She continued her walk with Taeyeon still following her who has a quizzical expression on her face.
 
"Well, you right Anna. I wish she's here right now. And all three of us can become friends. That's must be perfect. " Yuri chuckled, if only you knew Taeyeon . What's your looking for is right in front of you.
 
"CHOI ANNA !!!". The two of them stopped when they heard a loud voice suddenly called the tanned girl's name. They look up to see a furious Tiffany Hwang marching in fast towards them. " You !".Tiffany pointed her finger firmly at Yuri then out of whim. She slapped Yuri on the cheek.
 
All the people who watched this widen their eyes in surprise, but none of them moving from their own place or trying to stop whatever will happen next. Because what's else more entertaining than seeing two beautiful girls scratching their face to eac other.
 
While Yuri still stunned and cringing of the sting pain on her cheek , Taeyeon come to her defence. "Hey ! How dare you slap my friend like that ?!". She pushed Tiffany further from her friend.
 
" Friend ?!".Tiffany chuckled with mock tone."You still have the privilege to call someone your friend after you betrayed your old geeky friend on the past ?! Tch.."
 
That got Taeyeon caught off guard, it's like a dagger repeatedly stabbing to her chest . Remembering the guilt and fault she felt towards her old friend , Yuri. But it didn't stop her to defence Anna and Yuri."Don't you dare to called Yuri like that !! She have a better attitude than You !".She pointed her finger sternly at Tiffany's face.
 
"It's none of your business midget ! off ! I'm going to beat your ty friend !"
"Why you ?!". Taeyeon going to attack the eye-smile terror but Anna suddenly yank her.
"It's ok..She comes for me". Yuri said coldly then turn her her cold face towards Tiffany. " What's your problem ?"
 
"Problem ?! After what you've done to my relationship with Jessica ! You still asked , What's my problem ?!"
 
Hearing Jessica's name mentioned Yuri seems knowing what have cause this."I don't understand what you're saying."
 
" , Don't act like an innocent angel !". Tiffany spatted." You know what i'm talking about Choi Anna ! You ing ruined my relationship with Jessica. We broke up because of you !!".Yuri goes quiet with a surprise lool after hearing it. "Oh good , now you act like you're surprised ?! Tch..Do you think you're the most beautiful girl in here ?! I'm fed up with your drama ! I'm ing fed up with your act ! You ruined my relationship with Jessica !". Tiffany's eyes show some sorrow but it turn into menacing in a second." And i'm going to kill you for that !".She extended her hands to attack Yuri again but luckily someone stop her.
 
"Tiffany Stop !!". Jessica came in fast grabbing her ex-girlfriend by her waist, but it's quite difficult since Tiffany struggling back with squirming incessantly , trying to break lose from Jessica's grip to continue attacking Anna.
 
" Jessica ! Let go of me ! ".Tiffany gritted her teeth , her feet were swaying in the air." Let me kill that ! It's all because of her !"
 
"You crazy !". Taeyeon yelled while Yuri still goes quiet behind her.
 
" Tiffany ! Stop it !".Jessica glared raising her voice. "I'm sick with you !". Tiffany stop from her struggle turning to her ex-girlfriend." This is why i'm broke up with you ! I'm fed up with your act !"
 
Tiffany was in the verge of the tears."Jessi but,-"
"You think by attacking Anna will change everything ?! It even make me more disgusted at you ! You ing childish !"
 
 
"Jessi..". Tears now really rolling down on Tiffany's cheeks. She then turn her face again at her enemy." I'm not going to stop because of this ! Just you see ! I'll make your life suffer !".With that Tiffany ran away without looking back.
 
Jessica sighed , now she knows this is the right decision and reasonable to end her relationship with Tiffany. Jessica remembered about Anna, she turned looking at concern to the tanned beauty. "Anna ..". She approached the girl." You alright ?".She asked with worry tone. But Anna seems comfortable with her silent treatment which make Jessica more worried. She touched Anna on the shoulder and finally she woke up from her reverie.
 
"I'm ok ..". Yuri said quietly then briskly storm out from the place.
 
" Anna !".Jessica about to follow her but Taeyeon held her.
"Just let her alone !"
 
Jessica groaned "I need to talk to her.". She ignored Taeyeon:s warn and catch the tanned girl instead.
 
Yuri sat by her self at the park bench near the campus. She's awfully hurt by what Tiffany did to her, not just the slap but also because the words she got. But it's all nothing compare to the hurt of knowing that Tiffany is the girl Yoona crazy about. Seeing Tiffany's act earlier make Yuri realized that Professor Im deserve someone better. It's upset her for a nice person like Yoona having to love someone like Tiffany. Is it jealousy ? Or merely concern about the professor's happiness.
 
" Anna..".Yuri look up from her reverie to catch a glimpse of Jessica beside her already sat on the bench too.
 
"Jessica ?"
"Hi..". Jessica smile softly but change her expression to concern." I'm sorry about what happened earlier . You didn't deserve it, Tiffany shouldn't act towards you like that . I'm so sorry.."
 
"It's not your fault.". Yuri said with a bitter smile." From the start we knew that we don't like each other."
 
"But still Anna..It doesn't make her to be right , to hurt you like that !". Jessica frowned." Is it still hurt ?".She rubbed Yuri's cheek softly which make the latter closed her eyes in serene.
 
"A bit..but it's get better.". Yuri smiled , just what she needs right now. Someone who care for her, but she found it weird having Jessica really closed to her like this. Sure her care seems genuine but it's not as gentle as Yoona's act towards her. " Is it true ?".She asked about what Tiffany has told her earlier."That you and Tiffany broke up ?"
 
Jessica let her hand off from Yuri's cheek."Yeah, something that i should probably done early. "
 
"I hope it's not because of me..". Yuri smiled teasingly.
Jessica chuckled." Well, how if it's yes ?".Yuri frowned."Now,now. Don't give me that look. Me and Tiffany just really don't suit for each other, so i ended it with her. I'm glad though, because what she've done to you earlier just proven that i made a right decision."
 
"She must be really hurt by that Jessica. I understand how her feel. Broken heart make someone dare to do whatever they like to make their heart better though nothing can really heal the pain..". Yuri said reminiscing her experiences, yes broken heart is bad but give you a power too for example like Yuri now.
 
" I know, but i'm sure everything going to be alright. And Tiffany will forget it and move one.".Yuri didn't sure with she heard. Jessica suddenly pull Yuri's hands to her thigh."And that's my prove, of how serious my feeling for you Anna.".Yuri look up in surprise."I want us to be together. I'm always thinking about you Anna, you're the only person who can make me like this. Like a fool, but in a good way.".Jessica smiled.
 
Yuri gulped, she knows that this will coming. What she have to do now ? Where's Professor Im when she really need her ?!. Yuri don't know why but she felt strange, sure she's happy but not as beyond happy as she have imagined. It's all suddenly felt dull, this is her dream come true but why she felt more comfortable when it's still a dream.
 
Slowly Yuri pulled her hands from Jessica's which make the latter frown."Thank you Jessica but....you just broke up from Tiffany. I don't want it to look obvious . We need a time.."
 
Jessica nodded."I understand but Anna..at least make me sure that you also want us to be together as much as i want ?"
Yuri got silent for a minute then she nodded hesitantly."I am.."
 
~~~
 
Remembering what the guy said at Diner earlier make Yoona feel sure whatever she felt towards Yuri right now. She have to believe it and use her heart to define it. Yes maybe all this time what she has believed to be the owner of her heart is not really what she thought. She cannot wait to blurt it out in front of Yuri. Whistling while walking to her apartment Yoona suddenly stop when she saw someone familiar figure in front of her door. "Tiffany ?". Yoona got surprised to see her . The girl turned around , Tiffany was having tears on her cheeks she looks so upset and awful
 
" Yoona !".Tiffany approached her ex girlfriend then hug her tightly. Yoona stunned it's not what she have expected to come. She felt the girl sobbed on her shoulder. Automatically she hug the girl back and pat her head.
 
Little did they knew someone watching them from the far. "Congratulation Professor..". It was Yuri smiling bitterly at the two. " You got your girl back, all plan have succeeded."But why there is no hint of happiness because of it,her heart more than broken it's wrecked and without she realized her cheeks wet by the tears."Congratulation."
 
 
To be continued