Chapter 06

A Race

Seventeen and Laboum’s members were dismissed to take a shower and change their clothes. After all of them had showered, they were gathered again in the dining room to have a dinner together. The food was so many and delicious that made some of the boys and girls drool by looking at it. They ate the dinner happily while talking to each other with their managers and his assistant too.

“I can’t eat more,” said Yujeong as she pushed her plate. Some of them were finished with their dinner at the time. Yujeong patted her stomach as she stretched her back backward.“I’m full now.”

“That’s why you’re so tiny,” said Mingyu after drinking water. He just had done his dinner. “You should finish it, noona. Don’t make it wasted!”

“I know, but I’m full. Really,” pouted Yujeong. “Is there anyone wants to eat my dinner?”

“Me!” exclaimed Yulhee enthusiastically while chewing her food.

Jun frowned at Yulhee. He was surprised by her appetite and it seemed like some boys were as well. “Don’t you eat a lot already, Yul?” he asked.

“And your food hasn’t finished yet,” added Jeonghan. “Why don’t you finish yours first?”

“Let her do that, hyung!” said Wonwoo casually. He was leaning his back on the wall and grinning at Yulhee. “She likes to eat, don’t you know?”

Yulhee nodded. Someone knows me so well! She thought happily.

“Plus,” Wonwoo continued, “maybe she wants to gain some weights.”

“What?!” Yulhee exclaimed in disbelief. This oppa is annoying indeed! “Oppa, are you mocking at me?!”

Wonwoo shook his head while drinking water. “No,” he answered calmly.

“Calm down, Yul!” whispered Soyeon to Yulhee before the maknae started to snap at Wonwoo again. “Behave, remember?”

Yulhee nodded weakly as she breathed in and out slowly, calming herself down. She glared at Wonwoo who was scolded by Jun and Jeonghan because of his words earlier and they asked him to apologize, but like an innocent he was, he refused to do that.

Yujeong nudged Yulhee’s hand, asking her attention. “Will you finish my dinner, Yul?” she asked with her pleading eyes.

Yulhee looked at Yujeong’s plate for a while. The food was still tempting her, but because of the early event, she did not want to eat that so she shook her head weakly. “I lost my interest in it already, unnie. I’m sorry…” she said then started to eat her dinner again.

Yujeong sighed with disappointment. What should I do with this? She thought miserably as she looked at her plate.

“Yujeong noona,” Scoups called, making Yujeong lift her face to see him. The boy was sitting across her already without her knowing. “Let me finish your dinner!” said Scoups while smiling at her.

Yujeong looked at Scoups with her eyes wide. She could not believe what she heard. “Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yeah,” replied Scoups as he nodded. He tried hard not to laugh after seeing Yujeong’s priceless surprised expression. She’s so cute! But then he chuckled eventually when the girls’ leader squealed happily.

Solbin was still finishing her food in the corner of the room. She was a quiet person when it came to eat. She would not talk or would response in a very simple reply when she ate. So that was why she did not care when some of them talking about Yujeong and her dinner.

Without Solbin’s knowledge, Mingyu was paying attention to the girl. The boy was standing not too far from her, watching her eating silently.

“Finally…” Solbin sighed in relief after she finished her dinner.

“Why don’t you eat those?”

Solbin turned her face to the person, Hoshi, who was pointing at the pieces of carrot on her plate. She grinned in embarrassment and then she replied, “I don’t like carrot.”

“Why?” Seungkwan joined. “It’s good for your eyes.”

“But it tastes awful and stinky. Yaks!” Solbin cringed at the thought of carrot in her mind. Then she stood up from her seat with her plate in her hand, wanting to go to kitchen to clean it up.

“Hey!” Hoshi stopped Solbin. “What are you going to do with those?”

Solbin frowned. “Put them in a trashbin,” she replied innocently.

“Yah! You can’t do that!” Seungkwan started to nag. “You can’t throw food like that! They are still good to eat, you know?”

“But I don’t want to eat them,” said Solbin. “What should I do?”

“Let me help you!” Mingyu hurriedly exclaimed as he walked towards Solbin.

“Huh?” Solbin looked at him in confusion and so did Hoshi and Seungkwan.

“I’ll eat them,” Mingyu said then he took the plate in Solbin’s hand and started to eat the carrot.

“I’m not dreaming, ain’t I?” whispered Seungkwan in disbelief. “Is Mingyu eating carrot?”

And Hoshi just nodded dumbfoundedly in response.

“Stop bugging me, hyung!” shouted Woozi in the other side of the room. He was upset by Joshua who kept asking his chicken.

“I want your chicken, Woozi yah~” pleaded Joshua, hoping the younger one’s heart would lure.

“No. This is mine!” Woozi insisted.

Joshua pouted. “But…”

“Ask everyone else but me, okay?” cut Woozi then he stood up from his seat. “Just let me eat my dinner peacefully for God’s sake!” he added before leaving Joshua.

Joshua sighed in disappointment. Woozi’s so mean!

“What’s with the face, Joshua-ssi?”

Joshua lifted his face to the person, ZN, who was standing in front of him with a plate in her hand. The boy rubbed his naped timidly and then he replied, “I want to eat chicken, noona.”

ZN frowned. “Didn’t you eat that already?”

“Yeah, but I want to eat more,” Joshua admitted. “I really like chicken!”

ZN chuckled. “If that so, here! Take it!” she gave her plate to Joshua. There was a piece of chicken wing on it. “It’s still edible and I didn’t even touch it so…”

“For real?” cut Joshua. He looked at ZN with his eyes wide and sparkling.

ZN was silent for a while after seeing Joshua’s reaction and then she let out a chuckle and nodded. “Yeah,” she said. “I hope you don’t mind that it’s my leftover.”

“I don’t,” said Joshua as he took the plate from ZN. He smiled widely at the girl before eating the chicken. “Thanks a lot, noona!”

Dino, The8, Vernon and DK gathered with their managers and assistant after they finished their dinner.

“Hyung, I’ve eaten my dinner,” said Dino to Seventeen’s manager. “Now, tell me about the surprise!”

“Yeah, yeah! Tell me too!!!” exclaimed The8 excitedly.

“Wait until everyone has done eating, guys,” replied their manager then he took a sip of his coffee.

“Heol… this isn’t fun!” Dino pouted.

Fifteen minutes later, all of the boys and girls had finished the dinner. And when Dino asked their manager about the surprise, he told them to clean up the room and wash the dishes first and he would tell them for sure.

“Now, we’re ready, hyung!” said Vernon who was sitting in the living room with the others when they gathered there with their managers and assistant. They had finished doing what their manager told them to.

“Tell us about the surprise, please~!!!” exclaimed DK which nodded by the girls and the boys.

“Alright,” said Seventeen’s manager. “But you have to take your jacket first. We’ll have a walk tonight.” Instead of telling them about the surprise, he gave another command which made the boys and girls frown.

“Huh? For real?” asked Haein.

“Is it safe?” added Soyeon.

Laboum’s manager nodded. “Yes, of course.”

“Don’t worry, noona!” said Scoups to Soyeon with a smile plastered on his face. “You have us, the boys, who will protect you.”

And the girls could not help but chuckled and said, “Aww, cheesy!” in unison.

 

***