Chapter 11

A Race

"Mingyu, slow down!" shouted Solbin as she and Mingyu ran in the rain. Her hand was gripped by the boy and she was tired of their running.

"We can't. We almost get there!" said Mingyu.

"Get to where?"

"To - woah!!!"

"Aaarrgghh!!!"

 

***

 

"Ah! It starts to rain," said ZN.

Without a word, Scoups quickly took off his leather jacket and put it on ZN's head. "It's okay now," he said as he smiled widely at the girl, who looked at him dumbfoundedly.

"Oh, no!" ZN was about to take off the jacket, but Scoups stopped her. "What about you? You start getting wet."

"Don't worry about me! I'm a man," said Scoups reassuringly. "Are you okay, hyung?" he then asked his manager who walked after them.

"Kind of," his manager said then he turned his body to look at ZN. "You shouldn't have to go with us, miss. Tonight's weather is kinda bad with this raining."

"Nah, it's okay. I want to find my Solbin after all," said ZN then she started to yell Solbin's name and the others yelled Mingyu's. "Oh! Look!" ZN suddenly exclaimed as she pointed at something on the ground with her flashlight. She hurriedly went to the thing while grabbing onto Scoups's jacket and then she gasped in surprise after she recognized it. "This is Solbin's bracelet!" she shouted happily as she showed the other two the thing she found.

"They must be around here!" Scoups said with hope.

"Good job!" Seventeen's manager patted ZN's shoulder in appreciation. He then looked on the ground thoroughly. "Hey! I think it's their footprints," he said as he pointed the flashlight on the ground. "But it's hard to see..."

"Let me see!" Scoups joined his manager then both of them looked at they-considerate-footprint carefully. "They go this way! Come on!"

 

***

 

Wonwoo was looking at Yulhee with jealousy when the girl snuggled onto her manager's body with his leather jacket on top of their heads while Wonwoo did not wear anything to protect himself from the rain.

"Do you want to join us?" Laboum's manager snapped Wonwoo's train of thoughts.

Before Wonwoo could respond to it, Yulhee hurriedly said, "It doesn't fit us all, oppa!"

"Yah, but he's an idol!" said her manager. "We can't let him get sick."

"Nah, it's okay, hyung," said Wonwoo bitterly.

"No, no!" Laboum's manager then dragged Wonwoo into his place with Yulhee and let himself drenched by the rain. "Now it's okay!" he exclaimed with satisfaction.

"Oppa!" Yulhee exclaimed with an annoyed tone and face because she was standing next to Wonwoo under her manager's leather jacket. "How could you let me be with this guy?"

"That guy won't hurt you, I believe it," answered the manager as he winked at Wonwoo, who then looked flustered. "Every good manager will take care of his artist anyway and I don't want him to get sick."

"You're really a good manager," said Wonwoo. "But really... you don't have to..."

"Nah! I'm fine," said Laboum's manager with a reassured smile. "I'm just doing my job as your manager's friend and I bet he takes care of my artist too now."

Not long after that, they heard a noisy rushed steps that slowly approaching behind them.

"W-what is that?" asked Yulhee scaredly. She then unconsciously grabbed Wonwoo's hand tightly.

The three of them pointed their flashlights to the direction where the noise came from while looking at it with awareness. They hoped it would not be a wild animal since they were already in the deep forest.

 

***

 

"I told you to slow down," said Solbin as she took care of Mingyu's hurt knee by wrapped her scarf around it to stop the bleeding. "This is what you get since you didn't listen to me. Bad boy!"

"Yah... Stop blaming at me! I'm not a five-year kid anymore!" Mingyu whined. "I know I was wrong but I really wanted us to get here quickly since it started raining so hard." His thought then went back to the accident when he dragged Solbin to the hut but ended up slipped on the ground so hard with the girl on top of his body. "Are you hurt too?" asked Mingyu since Solbin stopped blaming him.

"Just get a bit ache on my entire body. Not serious, really," Solbin said. Then she leaned on the hut wooden wall after she had done treating Mingyu's knee. "We're lucky to find this place indeed," she said as she looked in the rain that was still pouring. "What's this place anyway?"

"It's kind of forest police's hut? I don't know," Mingyu shrugged. He looked at his hurt knee and caressed the scarf softly. "Thanks for treating me anyway!" he said with a wide smile to Solbin. Poorly, the girl just nodded without looking at him. "Hey... Are you still mad at me?" he nudged the girl's arm softly to catch her attention.

Solbin let out a heavy sigh then she shook her head weakly. "No. I just don't like being lost in here. It annoys me a lot," she said.

"But I've said sorry..."

"It's not entirely your fault though," cut Solbin. "It's just my bad luck that makes me stuck with you."

"You don't like being stuck with me?" Mingyu faked a surprised gasp. "I feel offended!"

Solbin frowned at Mingyu and then chuckled. "Why should you feel that way?"

"Because I'm Seventeen's visual dream tree Mingyu, an every girl's dream boyfriend."

Solbin could not help but laughed so hard to those words. "You're crazy!" she said as she shook her head in disbelief. "There are many people that look much better than you."

"Oh, yeah? Like who?"

Solbin was silent for a while, thinking for an answer. "Eli sunbaenim!"

"U-kiss' Eli?" Mingyu repeated and then nodded by Solbin. "Why do you like him?"

"He's manly, handsome, caring... He's just perfect."

Mingyu felt a bit jealous to hear that. Suddenly he felt an urge to tell Solbin about his feeling toward her. "Hey, Sol..."

"Hmm?" Solbin responded as her eyes started to look at the rain again.

Mingyu pouted at the response then whined, "Look at me!"

Solbin turned her face to Mingyu. "What?" she asked as she slightly tilted her head.

Mingyu felt a bit nervous so he took a deep breath before he said, "I..."

"Solbin!!!"

Damn!

 

***

 

"Oppa, w-what is that?" Yulhee stuttered as she tightened her grip on Wonwoo's hand unconsciously.

"I don't know," Laboum's manager answered as he got closer to the source of sounds. "I'll find it out..."

"Hyung, I'll go with you!" Wonwoo volunteered himself but then got rejected by the older man.

"You stay here to take care of her."

"We can't get separated!" exclaimed Yulhee in protest. "What if we also get lost?!"

When Laboum's manager was about to responds to Yulhee's words, the noise they heard before was getting louder and nearer and it made the three of them quiet in horror while wondering what it could be.

After a few minutes that felt like eternity, a mere light came from the source of the noise that followed another lights. Then three people appeared along with the noise that happened to be their footsteps.

"Oh!" Seventeen's manager was a bit surprised to find the other rescue team.

"Unnie!" Yulhee exclaimed in relief once she saw ZN's figure. She let go of her hand off Wonwoo and rushed to the older girl for a bear hug. "I thought you guys were wild animals," she said as she nuzzled her face on ZN's shoulder.

"Have you found them?" asked Scoups to Laboum's manager and Wonwoo.

Wonwoo shook his head in response.

"We've found some footprints and it leads us here," Seventeen's manager said. "We assume those are Solbin and Mingyu's footprints since ZN also found Solbin's bracelet..."

"So it means we're close with them?" asked Laboum's manager.

Seventeen's manager nodded. "Maybe and I hope so."

"Let's continue following these footprints!" said Scoups then all of them started to look for their friends again.

ZN and Yulhee were walking hand in hand with Scoups' jacket above their heads and the sight made Wonwoo, who was walking behind them, a bit disappointed since he could not be close with Yulhee again.

"Hey!" Scoups nudged Wonwoo as he realized the bitterness on the younger boy's face. "What's wrong with your face?"

Wonwoo shrugged. "I'm fine," he replied simply.

The rain was slowly getting calm as the rescue team followed the footprints that led them to a hut. They did not believe what they saw until they found out there were two figures sitting side by side in there.

"Solbin!" Yulhee cried in happiness as she ran to the hut. She was so excited that she forgot the ground was slippery so she successfully fell on the ground so hard that made everyone worried.

"What are you doing?!" exclaimed Wonwoo who quickly approached Yulhee then helped her to get up on her toes. He looked at the girl's body to check any wound she would get but fortunately he found none. "Hey, where does it hurt?" asked Wonwoo in a softer tone as he realized that Yulhee was sobbing. "Can you walk?"

"Yulhee yah, are you all-right?" asked ZN worriedly as she pulled Yulhee away from Wonwoo. "Oh, it's okay... It's okay..." she said then led Yulhee to the hut slowly in her arms.

"Yah! Why are you doing in this place?!" Seventeen's manager suddenly blamed at Solbin and Mingyu once everyone was in the hut. "Don't you know we are worries about you?"

"We got lost," answered Mingyu with his head hung low. "We don't expect this would happen and we tried to get back, but we can."

"Have you found The8?" asked Solbin. "We lost him during our way back."

"Yeah, he came up to us alone and that's why we came here to find you," answered Scoups. "Should we go back now? The rain is barely pouring."

"Not yet," said Wonwoo. "Yulhee's just got injury. She needs a rest for a while."

"Do you feel like something breaking up inside?" asked Laboum's manager to Yulhee worriedly.

Yulhee shook her head weakly and still sobbed when she answered, "I'm fine. I'm just shock."

Then they decided to wait a little longer in the hut. The situation was pretty quiet with ZN talking quietly to calm Yulhee.

"Oh! Hey, Gyu, didn't you want to say something to me?" asked Solbin in whisper and leaned her body to Mingyu so no one could hear what she said.

Mingyu let a heavy sigh then he answered in whisper as well, "Yeah, but I don't feel like to say it now."

"Why?"

Mingyu just shrugged it off and Solbin did not want to force him so she stopped asking and then joined the other two girls.

 

***

 

A/N: finally guys, I've posted the new chapters TvT I'm so sorry for not updating this fic for ages and the newest chapters aren't that long T.T I was focused on my thesis and nowadays I'm free so maybe I'd continue the story faster than before, who knows? x'D thank you for still subscribing and reading this story and it really means a lot to me :'D and that's why I still gave it double update hehe.. Feel free to comment and criticize it. Once again, thank you for reading~ *bow* ^3^)/