Chapter 05

A Race

“What did you think you were doing, you silly?!” shouted Yujeong as she kept on slapping Solbin’s arms. “We were worried about you, but…”

“I’ve said sorry, unnie,” cut Solbin while she was trying to avoid her unnies and Yulhee’s attack. “I really am sorry! I won’t – yah, Yulhee yah! Don’t kick my flat , you fatty!”

“Yah, stop calling me fatty, you tiny stick!” shouted Yulhee in annoyance.

“Girls, it’s enough!” interrupted Soyeon then the girls stopped giving attack on Solbin. The tanned girl was so awful with clothes and body all wet and dirty since she felt on the ground to avoid the attack. “Promise us you won’t make us worry again!” Soyeon said sternly to Solbin.

Solbin nodded hurriedly then she crossed her heart with her finger. “I won’t!” she promised.

“That’s good!” exclaimed Haein as she put her hand on Solbin’s head. The second maknae flinched at her move because she thought that Haein would hit her but the round-eyed girl was just patting her head instead. Haein realized it and she chuckled. “Aigoo… our Solbinie is so cute!” she said while pinching Solbin’s cheeks with both of her hands.

“Argh, unnie, that’s hurt!” groaned Solbin as she pulled Haein away.

“That Mingyu boy is kind indeed,” said ZN in a sudden. She was already sitting next to Solbin and followed by the other girls. “It seemed like he cared about you that much,” she teased Solbin while nudging her shoulder with hers.

Solbin rolled her eyed in response.

“Or maybe… he likes you, Solbin ah!” shouted Haein excitedly.

“No way!” exclaimed Solbin. She looked pretty upset but she could not hide the blush on her cheeks. “It just happened naturally I guess and if he likes someone, it should be Yujeong unnie.”

Yujeong’s eyes widened after she heard her name being called. “Why me?” she asked confusedly.

“Isn’t it obvious? He keeps on flirting with you!” answered Solbin which made the other girls look at each other then they were all laughing, making Solbin frown in confusion. “Yah! Why are you all laughing?!”

“You’re jealous~” teased Haein.

Solbin’s eyes widened. “No!” She could feel the heat on her cheeks and she could not stay near the girls or she would be embarrassed even more so she got up and swept the invisible dust from her long pants. “I need to clean up myself,” she made an excuse.

“You don’t want to play with the boys again?” asked Soyeon.

Solbin shook her head. “I can’t play with these wet clothes and – ugh, it’s so cold!” she said as she started to warm her body by rubbing her upper arms with her palms. “I’ll see you guys later!” she waved at the girls then walked to the house.

“It seemed like he cared about you that much.”

“Or maybe… he likes you, Solbin ah!”

Solbin could not help herself not to get rid of ZN and Haein’s words earlier and it really made her heart thump faster than before. She was kind of curious as well why the one who should have ‘saved’ her was Mingyu from all of the boys.

Solbin was already at the second floor when her eyes caught Mingyu running after Hoshi. He smiled widely and happily that made her smile also. He looks so fine, she thought but then she hurriedly shooed it away. Hell, Solbin ah, you can’t start to like him! she warned herself as she entered the girls’ room to take some clothes and towel.

 

****

 

After who knew how long they had played, Mingyu excused himself to clean himself. His body was all wet, sticky and smelly because of the sweat and he could not bear with it. He then realized that Solbin was not with her friends anymore. She must be in the house, musn’t she? He thought as he jogged into the house.

Once he was in, Mingyu intended to go upstair to check on Solbin, but he remembered that their manager hyung forbid the boys not to do so to respect the girls’ privacy so he stopped himself and went to the kitchen instead to have a drink.

Mingyu’s eyes widened when he found Solbin busy making something at there. The girl had changed her clothes and her hair was half-dry after being washed. Suddenly, an idea came up into the boy’s mind. He tiptoed to Solbin quietly and then he patted the girl’s shoulders pretty hard to surprise her. It worked! Solbin was jumping and screaming in response and she also hit Mingyu’s head with a big stainless stell spoon, which was not one of his expectations of course.

“Argh!!! That hurts,” groaned Mingyu as he rubbed his throbbed head. The pain was no joke. He felt so dizzy that he thought he would faint.

“Yah! Mingyu-ssi, you scared me to death!” shouted Solbin in annoyance, but the girl came closer to Mingyu to check on him. “You shouldn’t have scared me at the first place so I wouldn’t have done this, you know,” she said as she caressed the boy’s head carefully, hopping that it would ease the pain bit by bit.

“I never expected to have you hit me though,” Mingyu winced then he looked at Solbin. He widened his eyes when he realized that they were so close at the time and it made his heart beat faster than before. Solbin looked so worried about him while caressing his head that he could not stop himself not to feel so… Wait! What’s this feeling? He thought.

“Are you feeling better right now?” asked Solbin after she saw Mingyu no longer wince.

“O-oh, yeah…” Mingyu stuttered in response as he took a step back from Solbin then he let out a nervous chuckle while rubbing his nape.

“That’s good,” said Solbin then she turned her body to the stove to check on something. “What are you doing here anyway? You’re supposed to be at the backyard with the others, aren’t you?” she asked without facing Mingyu.

“I’m not supposed to be there forever, am I?” Mingyu chuckled. “Well, I just want to check on you,” he answered in half-honest and half-tease. “And what’re you doing here anyway?” Mingyu tried to take a peek on whatever Solbin did, but the girl kept him away.

“I’m making hot chocolate for all of us,” answered Solbin then she turned off the stove since the drinks was done. “You better not bother me, got it!”

“I don’t bother you,” pouted Mingyu. “I want to help you instead.”

“But I don’t need your help,” said Solbin quickly as she walked to the rack to get some mugs. “If you want to help someone, it should be you,” she continued then she pointed her index finger at Mingyu after she took out some mugs and put them on the kitchen counter. “Look at you! Your body is all dirty, wet and…”

“y?” cut Mingyu as he cocked an eyebrow, teasing Solbin and it was working since the tanned girl was getting pinkish on her cheeks. He secretly chuckled happily.

Solbin rolled her eyes in response, trying hard to ignore the loud thumps in her heart. “Just go to the bathroom and take a shower!” she said. “You’d catch a – ” She was cut by Mingyu’s sneeze then she continued saying, “Aha! Just like what I thought.”

Mingyu rubbed his nose with his hand then he nodded. “Alright. I’ll take a shower,” he said. “I’ll be back soon~” He winked at Solbin before he left her alone.

“Oh, I wish you won’t be,” said Solbin in a half-shout since Mingyu had walked out of the kitchen. She knew that she had to be upset with what the boy had done to her, but she could not help herself not to smile.

 

***

 

It was five o’clock when Laboum and Seventeen gathered up at the living room after having so much fun from playing many games at the backyard. They stopped playing since the rain started to pour down to earth and then they decided to have a rest in the house.

“Why it has to be raining now?” Dino sighed heavily as he looked over the window. “I still want to play more,” he started to whine.

“We still can play some games indoor,” Joshua said as he hugged Dino’s shoulder to cheer him up.

“Seriously, boys, all you want to do for this vacation is just playing games?” asked Yujeong in disbelief. She was sitting in the corner with Jeonghan. She was practically braiding his hair.

“Yeah. We always have fun after that,” replied DK who was laying on the matt with Hoshi had his head on his leg. “What do you guys usually do for a vacation anyway?” he asked curiously.

“We watch movie together and eat,” replied Yulhee with full of a choco pie.

“No wonder you’re chubby,” Wonwoo blurted out.

Yulhee automatically narrowed her eyes at Wonwoo and asked him, “Is it wrong being chubby?”

And there was a tensed atmosphere that the others felt after that then Jun said, “Wonwoo yah, go apologize!”

Wonwoo frowned confusedly. Totally not aware with what he had done. “But I didn’t say bad thing,” he said.

“You did,” said Hoshi after he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“I didn’t!”

“Nah, it’s okay, oppas!” interrupted Yulhee casually then she continued eating her choco pie. “I’ve got used to it and I don’t mind,” she said.

“Guys, please, have a drink!” suddenly they heard Mingyu’s voice. The boy was walking out of the kitchen to the living room with a tray that was full of mugs and Solbin walked behind him. the tanned girl also brought a tray.

The girls and the boys started to take a mug for each without being told twice.

“Woah, thank you!” exclaimed The8 happily then he took a sip of the drink.

“It’s so delicious!” praised Jeonghan.

“Who made these?” asked Woozi.

“Solbin,” answered Mingyu as he nudged Solbin’s shoulder with his.

“Aigoo… our baby is so sweet!” exclaimed Soyeon proudly.

“You did it with Mingyu?” asked Seungkwan to Solbin in disbelief.

Solbin was just grinning shyly in response. She ignored the fact that ZN and Haein looked at her in the same weird way and she knew what it meant of course.

“Hey, kids! We’re home!” shouted Seventeen’s manager who had already been back with Laboum’s manager and his assistant.

“Welcome home!” greeted Vernon. “Did you buy some food?”

Seventeen’s manager nodded. “Have you taken a shower?”

“Some of us have, but the rest haven’t,” answered Scoups.

“You guys should take a shower first before we have a dinner together,” said Seventeen’s manager’s assistant. “And we have something to tell you after that.”

All of the boys and girls frowned and started to wonder what it would be.

 

***

Guys, I’m so sorry for the late update and I haven’t started with the race so far… T^T

I’ve got a lil problem, so please, bear with me with the update, okay??

The race will be started soon, I promise. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading so far and… hi, new subs! Kekeke…