Chapter 03

A Race

“This place is so amazing!” exclaimed The8 as he lied on the grass after he had finished his meal. “Hyung, thank you for giving this vacation!” He then smiled widely to the boys’ manager.

“You’re welcome, Myungho yah!” said Seventeen’s manager. “Now, boys, clean up the mess!” he pointed at the dirty dishes around the yard then he got up from his seat. “Hyunseok, Ryeonsik, and I are going to walk around the hill. You can use this place as free as you want. Don’t forget to behave with the girls, okay?”

The boys nodded in unison in response.

“When will you get back here?” asked Jun.

“We don’t know yet, but we’ll be back as soon as possible,” their manager’s assistant replied.

“If you have any problem later, call me!” added their manager then with Laboum’s manager and his assistant, he left the boys.

“You’re going to wash the dishes, aren’t you?” asked Scoups when he saw Mingyu who was trying to sneak out to the house.

Mingyu grinned in embarrassment then he nodded.

“Huh? We don’t play rock-paper-scissor?” asked Hoshi.

“Nope,” replied Woozi. “They’re willing to do this.”

“You must be kidding me!” Hoshi chuckled. “It’s Mingyu we’re talking about! He’s a clean person, but he hates doing chores, if you forget.”

“Hyung, I’m listening,” said Mingyu to Hoshi as he gathered the dishes up and followed by DK and Vernon.

“I’m not kidding,” said Woozi then he helped the chores team to gather up the dishes around him. “Mingyu, Vernon, and Dokyeom lost in a bet and they have to do the chores for a day.” Then he gave the dishes to Vernon.

“It was a very good choice to be in Seungcheol hyung’s side!” said Wonwoo with a wide smile on his face as he stretched his arms. He was so happy that he would not do the chores.

“I’m listening, hyung,” said Mingyu to Wonwoo in an upset tone. “It was just a good luck for you and a bad luck for me. It won’t be like this forever, you know?”

“Stop fussing around, boys!” Scoups interrupted. “Let’s gather the dishes up and put them in the sink. Mingyu, DK and Vernon will do the wash,” said Scoups.

The boys nodded then they did what their leader told him. After that, the boys took a rest on the yard, except the chores team. Some of them were lying on the grass while looking at the sky or trying to drift off and the rest were just sitting around the yard while talking with each other.

“What should we do now?” asked Seungkwan as he looked at the sky. “It’s quite boring~”

“Let’s play!” exclaimed Dino excitedly as he sat up on the grass.

“What game?” asked Jun.

“Hide and Seek! What else?” Dino replied. “This place is pretty huge. It’d be fun play it here.”

“Nice idea, but I don’t want to play hide and seek,” said Jeonghan. “We’ve done it a lot.”

“Oh! There’s a swimming pool in the back yard, right?” said Joshua excitedly then the boys nodded in response. “Let’s go there and play!”

“But what game to play?” asked Jeonghan as he looked at Joshua.

“We can play anything and whoever who lose the game, they should go into the swimming pool for the punishment.” Joshua beamed as he told his idea to the boys. “How’s it?”

“It sounds good!” said The8 then nodded by Jun and Jeonghan.

“Hyungs, it’s so cold and I bet the water in there is also cold. Really cold,” said Dino with worry on his face.

“Come on! Don’t be a baby, Dino yah~” said Jeonghan as he hugged Dino by his shoulder.

“But I’m a baby, hyung,” Dino pouted.

“It won’t be long, just for three or five seconds,” said Joshua.

“But what if the members who can’t swim like me? Should we go in there too?” asked Seungkwan. He was worried too.

“Yeah, of course! The losers only need to dipped his body in the pool, they shouldn’t have to swim,” answered Joshua. It seemed like he had a lot of idea about the game he suggested at the time. “Or else, you can ask someone who’s willing to replace you.”

“I think the game would be fun,” said The8.

Jun nodded. “Let’s tell this to the others!”

 

***

 

“Why are you guys here?” asked Vernon when he saw Yujeong, Soyeon, and ZN walking into the kitchen.

“We want to help,” said Yujeong. “It’s not nice to just have lunch without helping you guys cleaning up.”

“Nah, it’s okay!” said DK with a bright smile. “We can manage it.”

“Nah! It’s good you’re here, noona!” said Mingyu as he walked to Yujeong and looked at her with his pleading eyes. “Please, help me~”

The girls snickered to see the cute side of Mingyu then they started to help the boys. Yujeong helped Mingyu soaping the dishes, DK and Soyeon rinsed them, and Vernon and ZN dried them with mini towels.

“You guys always do this at dorm?” asked ZN to Vernon.

Vernon nodded. “Yeah, but not only the three of us. The others do it too,” he said. “Don’t you do this too?”

“Yes, we do, but we’ve never done this with this amount.”

“Yup. It’s just a lot,” added Soyeon as she chuckled.

“Hey, Mingyu yah!” called Yujeong, ignoring the conversation among them. “I think you’re the most good-looking one among the boys,” she whispered as she soaped the dish up then gave it to Soyeon who would rinse it.

“Really?” Mingyu widened his eyes then he bowed a bit with a happy smile. “Thank you! People have said that before, but it sounded really good when you said it,” he chuckled.

Yujeong chuckled as well. “You’re just like my little brother,” she said. “You’re cute!”

“I’m you’re little brother indeed.”

“No, it’s really my little brother I’m talking about.”

Mingyu’s eyes widened again. “Oh! Sibling?” he asked. “You have one?”

Yujeong nodded. “Yes. He’s 97 liner, just like Solbin and Yulhee and that’s why I love them because he reminds me of my brother, so young and cute.”

“And you love me too?” Mingyu asked teasingly to Yujeong.

“Yes, I do!” Yujeong chuckled again.

“Where are the rest of you by the way?” asked Vernon to the girls.

“They’re at the back yard,” answered Soyeon. “They said they wanted to play when they saw the boys played at there.”

“Indeed they’re the younger ones,” said Yujeong. “They’re full with youth spirits. Oh, I envy them!”

“They’re playing?” asked Mingyu then answered by Yujeong by a nod. “Let’s finish it in hurry, noona! I want to play too~”

 

***