Chapter 14

A Race

The boys and the girls gathered at the backyard after they had breakfast together for a talent show. Their managers were resting at the time, let the kids do everything they wanted as long as it was not dangerous.

They agreed to have practice time before showing off the talent. Half an hour later, they had done practicing and Scoups and Haein played rock-paper-scissor to decide which team started first. It was Laboum.

"Go, nunas! Go, nunas!" shouted Seungkwan, cheering the girls up as they prepared the imaginary stage.

"They look good in sweaters and trousers," commented Hoshi, out of topic.

The8 rolled his eyes at Hoshi's words. "They've been wearing those during their stay here."

As the boys bickering about the girls' appearances or plan for the show, Mingyu remained silent with his eyes fixed on Solbin, who helped Yujeong move to a chair.

Not long after that, the girls stood in front of the boys in line, except Yujeong, and they opened the show by greeting the audience.

"Banhaebeoryeosseo! Hello, everyone! We are La~ Boum!"

The boys then shouted cheerfully in response and it made the girls smile widely at them.

"Is it okay if we tell you about what we will do for talent show, right?" asked Soyeon to the boys and soon answered by a loud yes from them. "Alright! So, we're going to perform in four session. The first one will be started by Yujeong unnie and me. The second will be Haein and ZN. The third will be Solbin and Yulhee. And the last we'll wrap it up as a group."

"Please, pay attention on us~" said Yulhee with aegyo that triggered the boys to awe in unison. Wonwoo even froze at his place, mesmerized by her.

ZN, Haein, Solbin and Yulhee walked aside from the stage and started to prepare the music. Then Yujeong and Soyeon began to sing U-KISS' Playground beautifully. They did not sing the whole song, but they successfully grabbed everyone's attention.

Coming to an end of the song, the music suddenly changed into an upbeat one and ZN and Haein showed up on the stage as Soyeon walked out of it with Yujeong in her arms. The boys started to make some noise when the two performers started to dance along the beat. Just like Soyeon and Yujeong did, they successfully showed off their talents in dancing.

Then the music changed again into a somewhat familiar tone. It was no other than Laboum's debut song, Pit-a-Pat. Yulhee and Solbin started to rap cheerfully and after it ended, all of the girls, except Yujeong, came onto the stage and they finished the song til the end. Even though Yujeong could dance to the song, she still sang her part on her chair.

"Naui namjaga dwaeyo jullaeyo~ Would you be my love?"

"I would!" shouted the boys after the music stopped playing, the sign of the end of the girls' performance. They boys did standing ovation to the girls who returned it with a gratitute bows and smiles.

Seventeen then took the stage after all of Laboum's members sat. Just like the girls, they boys started their performance with a greeting.

"Say the name! Seventeen! Hello, everyone, we are Seventeen."

The girls responded to the greeting by clasping their hands and making some noise. It was not as noisy as the boy did though, but it was fine and fun.

"We'll show you some of our songs in our current album in medley," Seokmin said. He and Mingyu had injured feet but they insisted to stand up like a real man they were. "The first performer will be vocal unit, then followed by performance and hiphop unit. At the end we will also perform as a whole unit so… please, anticipate it!"

The girls clasped their hands again as vocal unit got ready. The music came and they started to sing If We Grow Up. All of them were so absorbed into the song and it made Soyeon get goosebump. Then after the song ended and changed into another one, the two units exchanged and Performance unit came into view.

The boys danced to OMG powerfully and it triggered the girls to screamed and shouted at them. Yulhee even kept on shouting Hoshi's name with 'Hoshi oppa! Hoshi oppa!' so loudly and it made the said boy wink at her who then squealed in happiness. Wonwoo, who watched everything from aside, just remained silent with his stoic face.

The dance performance ended, so it was hiphop unit's turn to take the stage. They would rap their song, Fronting. This time, there was not any hype reaction like before. The girls were just looking at the boys with intense stares. It made the performers flustered at the beginning but they just let it flow.

When the song almost came to an end, all of the boys gathered on the stage and Woozi started to sing his part in the song. The boys were having fun singing and dancing to the song which triggered the girls to stand up and dance a bit with the boys too. After the show ended, it was Laboum's turn to give a loud standing ovation to Seventeen.

"You guys are really amazing!" exclaimed Haein with her beamed face to the boys. They were all sitting on the grass in circle, ready to discuss which team was the best.

"Nunas are good too!" Dino complimented sincerely as he showed two thumbs up at the girls.

"If that so, can we say we are the best?" suggested Jeonghan and everyone quickly agreed with him in unison. They canceled to make a discussion since they were too tired after having fun together.

"But nuna," Wonwoo suddenly spoke up, "Why were you just silent when our team performed?" he asked as he pointed at hiphop unit's members.

"Ah! It was because we were so mesmerized with you guys, I guess," answered Yujeong with a chuckle.

"Agree!" said Hoshi. "Even though they did not make a big response to your performance, they looked at you with hearty eyes! I saw them by myself."

Everyone chuckled at the words. Hoshi did not lie though and neither Yujeong. Then they decided to have another fun by singing and dancing to some songs. Laboum did a cover of Her from Block B and Seventeen did Super Junior's U. Then Soyeon and Seokmin made a duet by singing Dreams Come True by Super Junior's Donghae and Girls' Generation's Seohyun with Hoshi, The8, Yulhee and Haein dancing in the background. Everyone had so much fun at the moment. They laughed and laughed and laughed til they lied on the grass, feeling tired.

"Hi, guys!" Seventeen's manager came to their place with his assistant and Laboum's manager behind. The two last men were taking the treasure boxes from the race last nigh. "Just want to tell you that we'll be leaving this place in an hour."

"Didn't you say we can stay here til evening?" asked Jeonghan to the manager's assistant.

"Sorry, but I forgot you will have a schedule and we have to prepare for that," the assistant chuckled.

"And we also have live broadcast on radio tonight, girls," said Laboum's manager.

The boys and girls groaned in unison. They looked not happy with the sudden news.

"But guys, we'll have a prize for the winner of the race last night."

The second team suddenly got up from their sitting to jump and shout happily and then hug their members in a group hug.

Laboum's manager then gave Jun, as the representative of second team, the treasure box in his hand and congratulated him with a wide smile that responded by Jun with a gratitude bow and smile.

"What's the other box for?" suddenly Mingyu asked as he pointed at the treasure box which was in the boys' manager's assistant.

"Ah! This is for the lost team," answered the manager's assistant calmly but shocked all of the kids.

"What?! So they also get something?" asked Haein in disbelief.

"Of course~"

The first team then cheered happily to hear the answer but the second team sighed in disappointed.

"If I knew about this, I wouldn't try my best to win," said Jun.

ZN walked to take the box and as the two teams had their own boxes, the opened them right away in unison. There were two voices came after that. 'Huh?!' from the first team and 'Woah…' from the second team.

"These are so beautiful!" shouted Joshua as he took one of blue glass-beaded bracelet from the box. The other members followed after him. There were ten bracelets in the box with the same color and pattern. Then they started to wear them on their wrists.

"Hyung, are you kidding us?" asked Jeonghan after they found out the prize. It was nine lollipops lying in the box.

Dino who successfully peeked into the other team's box laughed til his eyes teary. "They got lollipops!" he said and made his team's members laugh.

Even though they were disappointed by the prize, all of the first team's members took them each and started to eat them. It was not bad. At least the got some things.

"Don't forget to pack up your stuff and be ready to leave this house in fifty minutes!" Seventeen's manager repeated then with his two friends, they came into the house again. The boys and the girls started to leave the backyard also.

"Yul, do you want to exchange your bracelet with my lollipops?" asked Solbin to Yulhee as they walked side by side to the house.

"But you've been on it, Ahnsol! I don't want to!" Yulhee refused. She might agree with the idea if the lollipop's cover was not teared up and by Solbin. The maknae of Laboum loved food, included lollipop, after all.

Solbin pouted and regreted why she had to the candy. Before they could reach the backyard door, a hand caught Solbin's wrist which made her turn her face to see who did that to her. "Oh, Mingyu…"

"Can I talk to you for a while?" asked Mingyu.

Solbin was hesitated as she turned her face to Yulhee, asking for her suggestion.

Yulhee shrugged in response then said, "Just go with him," and then left them to her room.

 

***