Chapter 02

A Race

“Hello!” Laboum’s manager greeted the boys after he bowed a bit at them.“Could I meet Jo Sanhyung?”

“Jo Sanhyung?” one of the boys, Jun, frowned confusedly then he looked at his friends. “Who’s Jo Sanhyung?”

“That’s our manager’s name, you fool!” exclaimed Scoups as he pushed Jun’s head lightly which made Laboum’s members and their manager chuckle.“This way, Sir!” said Scoups then he led Laboum’s manager to the house.

The girls were confused with what they had to do with the boys once they left by their manager, but it seemed like the boys were all friendly at them since they smiled and greeted them politely.

“Do you want to join us?” asked Joshua to the girls.

“Yeah, sure, if you don’t mind of course,” said ZN as the representative of the rest of her friends. “What’re you guys up to?”

“We’re preparing for BBQ and lunch,” replied Jeonghan.

“Need some hands?” asked Haein.

“Yeah, why not? That’d be great!” said Hoshi with a wide smile on his face

Then they were separated into two teams. Team one was in charge of making BBQ and team two was in charge of making lunch. All of them were gathered in the yard and they did their jobs while talking to each other happily.

“So, here we are! How about we introduce ourselves while preparing the food?” Scoups suggested after he came back from the house and continued to help Jun with the BBQ.

“Sure. We barely know each other’s name though,” said Yujeong. “Should we go first from the ladies?”

“Yeah, if you don’t mind,” said The8.

Then Yujeong asked Soyeon, who was beside her, to introduce herself first. Soyeon cleared before she started it. “Hello, everyone! My name is Soyeon, the main vocalist of the group who has the sweet voice that you want to hear.” Then she nudged Haein to follow what she had done.

Haein bowed a bit then she said, “Hi! My name is Haein, the sub vocalist, talent and charm of the group.”

“My name is Yujeong, the main vocalist and the aegyo of the team,” said Yuejeong as she did a V-sign with her fingers. “Girls, now your turn!” she said to ZN, Solbin, and Yulhee who were across them, making lunch with the other boys.

“Oh! I’m ZN, the lead vocalist who’s also in charge of the girl with the freshest smell,” said ZN after she bowed a bit.

“Hi, everyone! I’m Yulhee, the sub vocalist, main rapper and the rubber ball of the group,” said Yulhee cheerfully.

“And I’m Solbin, the lead vocalist who has the reversal charm,” Solbin ended the girls’ introduction with a sweet smile on her face.

“Now, it’s boys’ turns! Start from me,” exclaimed Scoups then he bowed to the girls before he intoduced him himself. “Hello! I’m Scoups, the general leader of the groupfrom hip-hop team.”

“My name is Jun, the expert of martial arts from Peformance team,” said Jun confidently.

“I’m Woozi, the main vocalist and the leader of vocal team,” said Woozi calmly.

“Hi, everyone! I’m Dino, the small giant maknae from performance team,” said Dino as he smiled politely at the girls.

“I’m Jeonghan, the angel and sub vocalist from vocal team.” Jeonghan chuckled after he did his introduction which made the girl do the same.

“I’m Dokyeom, the main vocalist and happy virus from vocal team.” Dokyeom waved his right hand to the girls as he showed his brightest smile at them.

“My name is Seungkwan, the main vocalist and Jeju Island’s son from vocal team,” he said confidently.

“I’m Vernon from hip-hop team,” said Vernon after he bowed politely to the girls.

“Hello! I’m Wonwoo who has the lowest voice from hip-hop team,” said Wonwoo with a faint smile.

“My name is The8 who’s in charge of b-boying from performance team,” said The8 politely.

“I’m Hoshi, 10:10 guy and the leader of performance team,” Hoshi said cheerfully.

“I’m Joshua, the sub vocalist and gentleman from vocal team,” said Joshua with a friendly smile.

“And I’m Mingyu, the visual dream tree from hip-hop team,” ended Mingyu.

“I’m confused,” said ZN. “I don’t follow you guys and I wonder why do you introduce us from vocal team, hip-hop team, and performance team instead of Seventeen? Don’t you perform together as one group?”

“Yes, we are. They are the sub units from Seventeen which means we can be separate when we do our job. We don’t always perform as one since we have so many members,” answered Scoups.

“Ah! I see. So, you’re divided according to your best skill?” asked Yulhee. “The ones in vocal team are people who are best in singing, but I’m still confused what talents the ones have in performance and hip-hop team?”

“The ones in hip-hop team, included me, are best in rapping while the others in performance team are best in dancing,” answered Wonwoo.

“But it doesn’t mean the members in one team are only good in the required skill. Basically, we all can do those three skills,” answered Seungkwan confidently.

“So, you can rap?” asked Solbin.

“Yeah, of course! Why can’t I? Do you want to hear me rapping?” asked Seungkwan as he cocked an eyebrow.

Solbin nodded. “Sure!”

“Oh, no, no! Don’t!” said Mingyu as he grabbed Seungkwan’s hand before he started to rap.Then he turned his face to Solbin. “I swear you don’t want to.”

“Why?” asked Solbin curiously.“I think he’d be good.”

“Yeah! Just let me do it, hyung!” said Seungkwan.

“Woah, that’s interesting!” exclaimed Yulhee, ignoring Seungkwan, Solbin and Mingyu’s conversation.She then rushed to Yujeong and asked her, “Why don’t we make unit too, unnie? It’d be cool!”

“You can ask that to our CEO not me, Yulhee yah,” said Yujeong calmly.

“Now, let’s change the topic!” said Scoups. “After we know each other’s name, why don’t we continue with which year we were born? Sounds fine?”

“Yeah, sure,” said ZN.“Yujeong unnie was born in 1992 so she’s the eldest of the group. Soyeon and I were born in 1994. Haein in 1995 while Solbin and Yulhee in 1997.”

“Oh! You have maknae-line?” asked Dino with wide eyes.

“Yeah,” Solbin nodded.“Because I was born a few months before her, so Yulhee is the chosen maknae.”

“That’s cool!” exclaimed Dino.Then he sighed heavily as he looked down at the grill with his gloomy face. “It’s so lonely being the one and only maknae.”

“Nah!At least you have twelve nice hyungs, Dino yah!” said Jeonghan as he hugged Dino by his shoulder.

“Then what about you, guys?” asked Yulhee.“Which year you were born?”

“Scoups hyung, Jeonghan hyung and Joshua hyung were born in 1995 and they’re the big-hyung-line of the group. Jun, Wonwoo, Woozi and I were born in 1996. Dokyeom, Mingyu and The8 in 1997. Seungkwan and Vernon in 1998 and our maknae Dino in 1999,” answered Hoshi.

“So, I’m the eldest among all of us?” asked Yujeong in disbelief.

“It seems so,” said Scoups. “I thought you were younger than me.”

“And I thought Yulhee was older than me,” said Woozi. “She’s so tall and I’m so short.”

“Don’t be like that, oppa!” said Yulhee to Woozi.“It’s cute and you’ll always look younger.”

Woozi just chuckled in response.

“This is really fun!” exclaimed Yujeong as she put her hands up. “I have lots of handsome nam-dongsaengs now!

“And I have four beautiful noonas!” exclaimed Mingyu, mimicking Yujeong. “And two beautiful friends,” he continued as he looked at Yulhee and Solbin.

Not long after the introduction session, the food was ready to eat so they started to eat them after Scoups gave some of it for their managers and asisstant who were still in the house.

“So, you guys will stay here also?” asked Jun to the girls while eating his food.

Solbin nodded. “It seems so. Manager oppa said that we’ll stay at the second floor.”

“So, that’s why our manager hyung told us not to mess around with the second floor,” said Woozi. “I’ve got the feeling that we’ll share this house, but I never expected that it’d be you guys.”

“Yeah, but this is so good!” said DKexcitedly. “It’s fun having girls in our vacation because it’s boring seeing only boys around, if you know what I mean.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I know the feeling,” said Haein as she nodded.

“But still it feels weird,” said Soyeon.“We haven’t had any vacation with boys before, except our U-KISS sunbaenims.”

“It’s okay. Don’t worry! We won’t bite,” said Wonwoo as he winked to Soyeon.

“Too bad! I wish you could eat us instead of bitting,” said Yulhee carelessly which made some of the girls and boys who sat around her choked on their food.

“Yah, maknae! What were you talking about?” asked Soyeon with her face reddened in embarrassment.

“I don’t even understand what she was talking about,” said Dino cluelessly.

“What? I was just throwing a joke,” Yulhee chuckled.

“A lame one,” added Vernon. “You suit Wonwoo hyung well, noona, since he likes to throw lame jokes too.”

“Don’t call me noona, Vernon ah,” said Yulhee.

“Just call me Hansol.”

“Okay, Hansol,” said Yulhee. “I once read your profile on internet and then I know that I’m not really older than you. We’re just separated by a few months.”

“How could it be?” asked Mingyu confusedly. “You’re 97 liner, just like me, right? He’s 98 liner, in case you forget.”

Yulhee shook her head. “I don’t forget it. Yeah, I’m 97 liner and I’m a November baby. Hansol 98 liner and he is February baby, right? We’re friends! And Seungkwan ah, we’re friends too!” she said to Seungkwan.

“But you’re our sunbae. It’s weird to call you just by your name,” said Seungkwan.

“Nah~ it’s okay.”

They kept on talking and talking while eating their food until their managers came to yard.

“So, the boys and the girls are already getting along well, huh?” said Seventeen’s manager which nodded by Laboum and Seventeen’s members.

“It’s good to see you like this and I hope you can be friends from now on,” said Laboum’s manager. Then he looked at the girls and said, “Girls, it’s time to unpack your loads!”

The girls frowned confusedly at their manager’s words.

“But we don’t bring any,” said Yujeong. It was true. Their manager just told them to get ready in their casual clothes and get on the car before they went to the hill. It was his surprise indeed.

“I do,” said Laboum’s manager.“I’ve prepared them in the car.”

“Woah, this oppa is really scary!” said Haein.

“It’s not scary but kind, Haein ah.”

“Need some hands?” asked Joshua before the girls left.

“No, thank you. We’ll be fine,” refused ZN politely. “Plus, it’s a girl thing. No need boy around.”

 

***

Double update! Keke…

The chapter kinda lame, right? Sorry, but I felt an urge to make the introduction session before we go to the main story^^”

What do you think about the story so far?

Feel free to comment and tell me what you think!

Ah, and thank you for you who have subscribed this fic~ *bow* :)