Chapter 12

A Race

Meanwhile...

The other members of seventeen and laboum finally reached the wooden house with assistant manager of seventeen in drenched clothes because of the rain. Some of them went straight to the their room to go change their clothes, some went to the bathroom to clean their body from the mud, and some just lied on the floor, too tired to do something.

"Junie yah, can you bring yujeong unnie to the bathroom upstair?" asked Haein to Jun, who was laying on the floor.

"To the bathroom?" asked Jun.

Haein nodded. "We need to clean her..."

"We?!" Jun repeated as he widened his eyes in surprise. "You and I?!"

"Oh! Ahahaha... Nooo~" Soyeon interrupted after listening to their conversation. "It's me and Haein."

"I won't let you clean me anyway," said Yujeong in an offended tone. "I'm a girl and you're a boy and that won't ever happen!"

"Hey, slow down, nunaaa~" Jun chuckled as he smiles sheepishly at Yujeong. "I don't want to do that to you either. I know my limited capacity towards you and the other girls." Then he approached Yujeong and squatted down in front of her. "Hop on me!"

"Is it okay?" asked Yujeong worriedly.

Jun nodded. "Soyeon nuna and Haein nuna won't be able to bring you up there, right? And my teammates are busy right now," he said while turning his face slightly to Yujeong. "I can carry you, nuna."

"Alright."

With Haein's help, Yujeong leaned on Jun's back and let him give a piggy-back ride to her. She held his shoulders tightly when both of them slowly took each stair up, afraid of the possibility the boy would lose balance and both of them would fall together. Fortunately, they went to bathroom safely. Jun then put Yujeong carefully on the closet lid.

"Thank you," said Yujeong with a warm wide smile to Jun.

Jun gave his best smile also to Yujeong and said, "My pleasure!"

Then Haein and Soyeon came into the bathroom with some towels and clean clothes in their hands.

"You're going to have a shower together?" asked Jun.

"Yeah. We don't want to waste time for a solo shower," answered Haein. "Now you can go back to your place, Junie!"

"Thank you for your help!" said Soyeon after gave Jun a soft pat on his arm.

Jun just smiled in response then he went out of the bathroom and closed the door. He walked back to the living room and was welcomed by a shock expression of Hoshi.

"What were you doing up there?" asked Hoshi.

"Just taking Yujeong nuna to the bathroom upstair, Haein nuna asked me," answered Jun calmly. "You know, she's hurt because of the falling during the race. She can't reach there by herself and the other nunas aren't able to bring her up so I helped her."

"Ah, if that's so..." Hoshi then stopped as he realized Jun had not changed his clothes yet. "Go change your clothes and clean your body!" he said. "You can get sick, you know."

"Alright~" Jun grinned at Hoshi then he walked to one of the rooms. In there, he saw The8 taking care of Dokyeom's foot from the earlier injury.

 

***

 

"That's from Jun?? Our Jun hyung??" asked Mingyu with a surprised look after he saw ZN gave Solbin a bracelet she found.

Yulhee shook her head to answer the question. "It's not from Jun hyung, but Junyoung. U-KISS' Jun. Our Junyoungie."

"Our Junyoungie?!" This time Wonwoo asked in the same surprised look as Mingyu.

ZN chuckled. "Why are you guys so surprised?" she asked. "Our maknaes friend with that Jun and they even make a club together."

"And this bracelet is like the string of our friendship between us," said Solbin as she wore the bracelet on her wrist. "Yulhee has one too and so does Jun. By the way, thank you for finding this, unnie! I don't even realise that I lost it." Solbin chuckled.

"You're lucky, Sol!" said Yulhee. "If you lost it, he'd really mad at you."

"Who will mad at her?" asked Mingyu curiously.

"Junyoung. Who else?" answered Yulhee.

"Hey, what if I join you guys in that club," said Mingyu without thinking what he had said. He just wanted to be with Solbin as often as possible.

"You can't," Solbin answered.

"How about me? Can I?" asked Wonwoo. Just like Mingyu, he wanted to be with Yulhee as often as possible.

"You can't either," answered Yulhee. "It's an exclusive club that only consists of me, Sol and Jun. You two don't have the criterias anyway."

Mingyu frowned. "There are criterias to be in the club?"

Solbin nodded. "Of course!" she said. "First, you have to be born in 1997..."

"I was born in..."

"You were," cut Yulhee. "But you don't pass the second criteria."

"What is it?" asked Wonwoo curiously.

"You have to be the maknae of the group."

"But you're not the maknae, Sol!" said Mingyu.

"Says who?" asked Solbin. "I'm also the maknae! I'm older than Yulhee by months but we're the youngest of the group so we're maknaes. Maknae line."

Mingyu pouted.

"I don't know why you two are interested to be in that nonsense club," said ZN to Mingyu and Wonwoo. "Believe me, that club isn't that cool!"

"Says who?" Yulhew asked.

"Me!" said ZN. "I once followed you guys doing 'club activity' but all you did was just hanging out in the cafe with that Jun."

The girls then started to argue about the club while Mingyu and Won woo were silent. Scoups and the two managers were leading them to go back home.

"Hyung, you don't bring a phone?" asked Scoups to his manager.

"I do," Seventeen's manager said, "but it's off."

"I bring mine," said Laboum's manager. "Want to borrow it?"

"Sure!" Scoups nodded quickly then he accepted the phone Laboum's manager gave him. Without wasting time, he pressed some numbers and then the call button. "Hello?"

 

***

 

"His phone is off!" exclaimed the assistant of Seventeen's manager to Jeonghan, Joshua and Woozi after he tried to call the manager.

Jeonghan sighed heavily. He looked worried and so did Joshua and Woozi. The rescue team had not come back yet with Mingyu and Solbin and there was no update about them.

"Hey, guys!" Soyeon came to the boys' place with a big tray in her hands that filled of some cups of hot chocolate. "Please, have a drink!" she said.

Joshua came to help Soyeon by taking some cups then he gave them to Jeonghan, Woozi and the assistant. "You know, you don't have to do this, nuna. We can do it by ourselves," he said to Soyeon who had taken a seat on an empty couch. "But thanks anyway."

"Never mind," said Soyeon with a wide smile that looked tired. "I just want to do it," she continued then she took a sip of hot chocolate. "By the way, is there any update about the rescue team and the lost people?"

Woozi shook his head with a gloomy face. "Not yet," he said. "He tried to call our manager but the phone is..."

Suddenly, the assistant's phone rang in his hand. All of them automatically focused on him who looked at the phone screen.

"Who is it?" asked Jeonghan. "Is that our manager?"

The assistant shook his head as he frowned at his phone. "Unknown numbers," he replied.

"Pick it up, hyung!" said Joshua. "Maybe it's a good news."

The assistant nodded then he pressed the answer button. "Hello," he greeted whomever on the other line. Not long after that, his face brightened. "You're okay? Thanks God!" he exclaimed in happiness that made the others in the room frowned with confusion. The assistant kept on talking by his phone for a while before he ended the call and put it on the table.

"Who was it?" Jeonghan asked again.

"It was Scoups," the assistant answered with a big smile on his face.

"Really?!" The boys and Soyeon asked in surprised.

"What's happened down there?" Suddenly they heard Haein's voice from the stairs. She was walking down on them with Yujeong in her arms. The leader of Laboum still could barely walk and need a help to do that.

"The rescue team has found Mingyu and Solbin and they are on their way to here," the assistant answered.

"Thanks God!" Joshua said in happiness. "Hope they'll be always all-right."

"Why are you two coming down here?" asked Jeonghan to Haein and Yujeong who had been in the same room with them. "Don't you feel tired after what has happened tonight?"

Woozi nodded, agreeing Jeonghan's words. "I thought you had been sleeping up there."

"How can I sleep when my babies are out there?" said Yujeong with a pout as she made herself comfortable sitting next to Soyeon. She then accepted a cup of hot chocolate from the main vocalist's hand. "Thank you!"

"Where are the other boys?" asked Haein to the boys after taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

"In their rooms. Perhaps sleeping," answered Woozi. "Seems like we can't make a talent show tonight."

"Yeah, too bad," Joshua sighed in disappointment. "I want to sing with my guitar."

"We still have time til tomorrow evening," said the assistant.

"For real?!" asked Jeonghan in disbelief then he cheered happily once the assistant nodded in response. "I can't wait for that!"

"Me too!" said Haein. "That'd be cool!"

 

***