Chapter 04

A Race

At the back yard, the boys and the girls were divided into teams before they play Kung Kung Dda*. Scoups, Woozi and Haein were in the first team, Jun, Jeonghan and Joshua were in the second team, Seungkwan, The8 and Solbin were in the third team, and Yulhee, Dino, Wonwoo and Hoshi were in the fourth team. The first and the second team had lost in the game at the first and second round and Scoups and Joshua had to face the punishment in result.

“The coldness is no joke I tell you,” said Scoups as he held tight a big towel that he shared with Joshua. He was trembling and so was boy beside him.

“Y-yeah,” agreed Joshua, stuttering. “I-I regret to plan this game honestly.”

Their words made the other teams gulp in nervous.

“I don’t want to lose,” mumbled Dino with worry. It was lucky that their team had not lost yet, but he worried if they would lose at the third round that would be the final game.

“It’s okay, Dino yah!” calmed Yulhee who was sitting next to Dino as she patted his shoulder. “We’re going to win this game!” she said optimiscally.

“Keep dreaming, Yul!” exclaimed Solbin. “We’ll be the winner no matter what,” she continued. “The three of us are really good at this game.”

“What if you lose?” asked Hoshi to Solbin, teasing.

“I’m going into the pool,” said Solbin confidently. “But if you lose, I want Yulhee to go in!”

“No!” exclaimed Wonwoo hurriedly. “Girls shouldn’t be in there. Let’s boy do this, right?”

“But I don’t want to go in there,” said The8.

“Yeah, I can’t swim,” said Seungkwan. “The pool is quite deep. I can’t go in there either.”

“Yah, guys! What are you doing there?” asked Jun from across the last teams. The lost teams were lining up not too far from the playing teams, watching them discussing about something and it was quite long that made them bored. “Play the game already!”

Not long after that, they started to play the game. It was so intense because they were really good at it. Dino, who keep worrying about the possibility he would lose, could pass it nicely eventually. Ten minutes later, the game was over with the fourth team as the winner. They cheered happily as they jumped and hugged each other with the full bliss on their faces, ignoring the gloomy faces that came from the third team that lost the game.

“What should we do now?” asked The8 worriedly to Seungkwan and Solbin.

“I don’t want to go in,” answered Seungkwan.

“Who says you’ll do that?” asked Solbin casually.

“Then it should be me?” asked The8 in surprise.

Solbin shook her head. “It’s me.” She was about to get up to get the punishment, but Seungkwan grabbed her wrist and made her sit back.

“Noona, are you sure?” asked Seungkwan to Solbin. He was bewildered by the girl’s calmness. “You don’t really have to do this.”

“Of course I have to, Seungkwan ah,” said Solbin. “We lost the game and I’ve said that I’d go in.”

“But you can say you can’t and they’ll understand,” said The8.

“Then who will do that? You?” The8 hurriedly shook his head which made Solbin palmed her face in frustation. “Let me do it then! I don’t want to be a coward,” she said. “I have to face it like a man.”

“But you’re a woman.”

“Exactly!” Then Solbin got up and walked to the side of the pool which surprised the people who saw her. “Let’s do it fast!” she said to the win team.

“Are you sure you want to do that?” asked Hoshi that soon be nodded by Solbin.

“Yah! How could you let a girl do that?” protested Jeonghan when he saw Solbin stand up at the side of the pool.

“It’s okay, oppa,” said Solbin as she looked at Jeonghan and smiled widely at him. “I’ve made a deal about it with them before.” Then she turned her face to the win team. “So, who will push me in?”

Dino walked closer to Solbin. He would push the girl into the pool. “Noona, are you sure?” he asked worriedly before doing his job.

Solbin rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Can we just get over with that question?” she asked back. “I’m sure, Dino yah. It’s okay. I’ll be fine!”

“Okay,” Dino took a deep breath then breathed it out slowly. He knew he should not be nervous, but he could not help himself. “Ready?”

Solbin nodded. “I was born ready!”

“Noona, I’m so sorry.”

“Nah, it’s okay,” Solbin was getting tired. She really wanted to get the punishment as soon as possible before she changed her mind. Yeah, she did not want it either, but it was her mistake to make a stupid deal like that. “Come on, Dino yah, do it like a man!”

Then Dino pushed Solbin’s back once she turned her body. The water in the pool splashed around the side of it as the girl’s body got in the water and then they started to count.

 

***

 

Mingyu, DK, Vernon, ZN, Yujeong and Soyeon were already with the first and second team when they saw Solbin stand at the side of the pool.

“What’s she doing?” asked Soyeon curiously.

“She’s going to get the punishment,” answered Joshua. “Her team was just lost in the game.”

“What’s the punishment?” asked Yujeong worriedly. She had a bad feeling about it.

“She should be pushed to the swimming pool and be in there for five seconds.”

“Why should she do that?” Yujeong was really worried eventually. Her feeling was right. “Why don’t the boys?”

“She said she has made a deal with the win team,” answered Jeonghan. “We’ve questioned her action and she kept saying that she’d be fine.”

“That girl is so stubborn I tell you,” mumbled ZN as her eyes kept on Solbin. “The water must be so cold. I hope she’ll be fine.”

Not long after that, they saw Solbin get into the pool and they started to count. When it came to the fifth count, the girl had not come up yet and it made them extremely worried. Dino even shouted her name as he moved his hand into the water.

“Why hasn’t she come up?” asked Yulhee worriedly when she was already beside Dino.

Then all of them gathered up at the side of the pool while looking at it, waiting for Solbin.

“She can swim, right?” asked DK.

“Yes,” answered Haein. “Is there something holds her down?”

“I wasn’t joking when I said the water is cold,” said Scoups. “It felt like your body being pinned with lots of needles at a time.”

“And you could hardly breathe,” Joshua continued.

“Exactly!”

Second later, they were surprised when they heard a big splash in the water. Not long after that, someone came up in the water with Solbin. He was Mingyu. Once he was at the side of the pool, Mingyu laid Solbin on it and shook her body. The girl looked unconscious.

“Solbin ah, are you alright?” shouted Soyeon as she shook Solbin’s body too.

“Solbin!” Yulhee was about to cry when she saw Solbin like that.

“She’s so cold,” said Mingyu, did not care that he was cold as well.

“This is my fault!” exclaimed The8 in frustation. “If I were willing to get the punishment, she wouldn’t have been like this.”

“Noonas, can you do CPR?” asked Mingyu that soon the girls answered by shaking their heads. He sighed heavily. “Alright, let me do – ”

“NOOO!!!” Solbin abruptly got up with her eyes widened. “I’m fine, I’m fine! Hahaha… I don’t need CPR, okay? I’m really fine!”

“Yah, Ahn Solbin!” Yujeong shouted angrily then started to slap Solbin’s arms. “That’s not funny.”

“Sorry, sorry… I won’t do that again,” Solbin chuckled.

“Girls, let’s punish her!” said Haein.

“Oh, no!” Solbin started to run to avoid the girls’ attack.

The boys were just laughing to see the girls’ actions.

“What a waste!” said Mingyu with disappointment.

“Huh? Why?” asked Woozi confusedly.

Mingyu grinned as he rubbed his nape. “I thought I could do CPR for her.”

“You ert!” half of the boys shouted at him and the rest pushed his body lightly.

Mingyu just laughed with his reddened face. His eyes could not stop looking at Solbin who was being slapped and tickled by her friends. “Hey, let’s play!” he exclaimed to his friends. “I haven’t played yet. Let’s play!”

 

***

 

Double update again! I really enjoyed writing these chaps keke…

By the way, Kung Kung Dda is a game when they have to use the previous one’s last syllable to say a word that doesn’t exist. You can check it out on ‘Where’s My Friend’s Island?’ eps 3 where they played it.

Hope you enjoyed reading the updates!

Sshh! The race will be coming soon! Please, anticipate it~ ^^