Chapter 01

A Race

Seventeen’s members were so excited when their manager told them that they would have two days off for vacation. It had been a long time they had not had any vacation since debut so they really anticipated it. The boys woke up so early in the morning and they went to their destination with two cars that were driven by their manager and his assistant.

“Woah, we’ll go to the mountain, hyung?” asked Dino excitedly to their manager once he realized that the car their got on going to the way of a mountain.

“No. We’ll go to the hill,” answered the manager.

“Woah…” the boys were amazed with their manager’s answer.

“By the way, why are you doing this to us, hyung?” asked Jeonghan to their manager. “You used to tell us to go practice whenever we have free time.”

“Yeah, and now you give us a vacation for two days,” added Jun.“Is there something you’re hidding from us?”

“Or maybe you’d tell us to go practice at there, right?” asked Seungkwan curiously.

“Now, I think this is weird. You’re weird, hyung,” said Hoshi as he narrowed his eyes at their manager from the back seat. “Why are you so kind to us?”

“Yah! I’m always kind to you, okay?” said their manager. “Just enjoy the trip, guys! Don’t you find the scenery around us beautiful?”

“But where are we going?” asked Joshua. “I just remember that you haven’t told us about that.”

“Oh, please!” the manager started to feel frustrated with the boys non-stop questions.“Stop asking and enjoy the show instead. You’re gonna love it!”

“You’re really weird, hyung,” said Jeonghan.

 

***

 

Meanwhile in the other car, the rest of Seventeen’s members were making a bet about where they would stay for vacation since the manager’s assistant did not want to tell them about it.

“Trust me! It’d be a wooden house,” said Scoups confidently. “It seems like we’re going to a mountain and people at there usually build their houses with wood, right?”

“But wooden house is out of date, hyung,” said Mingyu, disagreeing Scoups’ opinion. “I believe people at there now live in modern houses like in the cityand we’ll stay in one of them.”

“I agree with Mingyu,” said DK.

“Yo, man! Welcome aboard!” exclaimed Mingyu happily as he toasted with DK. “Is there anyone else with me?”

“I go with Seungcheol hyung,” said Woozi. “I also believe that we’ll find lots of wooden houses at there and stay in one of them. We’ve never been in wooden house, right? I think this vacation will be different.”

“And you don’t know that wooden house can be upgraded, huh?” asked Wonwoo to Mingyu. “Not all of them are out of date. Some of them are built with modern taste.”

“So, it means that you go with Seungcheol hyung?” asked Vernon to Wonwoo that soon nodded by the latter.

“Yah! I’m so disappointed with you, hyung!” exclaimed Mingyu in annoyance. “You’re supposed to be with me!”

“Sorry, but I think Seungcheol hyung’s is reliable and I don’t want to lose.”

“Who says we’re going to lose?!”

“Calm down, hyung!” said Vernon to Mingyu. “Don’t let this matter ruin up our vacation. Let’s just be happy, okay?”

“Now, let’s vote who picks for wooden house!” said The8, taking initiative action to vote as he raised his hand as well. “So, it’s me, Jihoon hyung, and Wonwoo hyung. What about you, Hansol ah?”

“I go with Mingyu hyung. I don’t want him to suffer alone.”

“It’s okay. We’ll win this anyway,” said Mingyu confidently as he hugged Vernon by his shoulder.

“Who says you’ll win?” asked Scoups as he tried hard not to laugh at Mingyu. “Get ready to receive your punishment, guys!” he continued once their car entered a gate of a house they would stay. “Welcome to the wooden house!”

 

***

 

“Where are we going, oppa?” asked Yulhee after so many times she did that to their manager as they went to somewhere that only he knew with the car he drove. She thought they would go to the dance studio to have another practice time, but she was wrong once the car moved passing the building of their agency.

“Try to guess!” said their manager playfully.

“Ugh, we’re tired!” shouted Haein. “And we’ve asked it so many times, but you still give the same answer. Why are you so secretive?” The girl was really tired in guessing. It made her curious even more with the place they would go since their manager had not mentioned about it.

Their manager laughed. “It’s not I’m being secretive,” he said. “I just want to surprise you.”

“We don’t really want to be surprised, right, girls?” said Yujeong as she looked at their friends, but only Yulhee and Haein who nodded in response. Soyeon was sleeping, Solbin was playing games on her phone, and ZN was listening to song while looking out the window car. “Now, tell us where we’re going to, oppa! We’re so curious about it.”

“Don’t be too curious, girls!” said their manager. “Because curiousity will make you die.”

“Oppaaa~” Yulhee started to sulk as she shook the driver seat that was set by their manager.

“Just let him be, Yulhee yah,” said Solbin after she lost her game. “This surprise may be as lame as the others before. You know him well, don’t you?”

“Ah! You may be right, Solbin ah!” exclaimed Yujeong after she snapped her fingers. She looked amazed by Solbin’s words. “Remember when he was about to surprise us last night? He said we’d have an unforgetable dinner, but we just had sweet potatoes and chicken like we usually have for dinner.”

Haein nodded in agreement. “Well, then I won’t have a high expectation for this surprise,” she said then she leaned her back on her seat and tried to have a sleep by closing her eyes.

“But I really surprised you last night!” their manager said. “You were like, ‘what?!’. You were really surprised!”

The girls, except Soyeon and ZN, rolled their eyes in annoyance in response.

“Anyway, we’ve arrived already!” shouted their manager as the car entered a gate of a big wooden house that was located on the hill.

“Woah… the house is really big!” exclaimed Yulhee in amazement that agreed by Yujeong and Haein.

“Come on! It’s just a house,” said Solbin. She was not interested at all in the house. “What’s so good if it’s big?”

“Oh! I think it’s occupied already,” said ZN suddenly once her eyes caught some people gathering at the front yard of the house. Then her eyes went wide after she realized who they were. “No way!”

“What’s wrong, unnie?” asked Yulhee with curiousity. “What are you looking at?”

“Aren’t they…”

“Seventeen!?” cut Yujeong and Haein together in surprise.

Their manager chuckled to see the girls’ reactions. “I’m really surprising you, ain’t I?”

After waking Soyeong up, Laboum’s members got off the car after their manager then they walked to the yard where Seventeen’s members were. The girls felt uneasy with the boys’ presences, but they felt relief a bit that they wore the long sleeves and long sweat pants that their manager told them before they left their dorm. They had met Seventeen before, but it was not personal meeting like this so it really made the girls nervous.

“Oppa, there’s no way we’ll stay here,” whispered Soyeon from the back of their manager.

“Why?” asked their manager nonchalantly.

“Because it’s occupied already. Don’t you see them?” answered Soyeon.“Plus, they’re boys and we’re girl – okay, except you of course.”

“So what?” asked their manager again.“You guys will take the second floor anyway and the boys and I will take the first one.”

“So, it’s really real?” asked Haein with her eyes widened in surprise.

“So, this is your plan, oppa?” asked Yujeong.

“You’re really surprising me,” said Yulhee.

“I told you!” Not long after that, they were already in front of a group of boys that were busy cutting meat.

 

***