Chapter 3

Can You Love Me?

“Gain ah..” “Hmm..what?”. “Can I tell you something?. But you have to promise me when you hear about it you can’t be mad at me or run away, okay?” “Okay, pinky promise”.Seulong hesitated but then he just blurt out“I love you” and turn his head to his left not wanting Gain sees his beet red face. “Mwo?..are you joking right now?” “Ani, I’m not joking, I fall in love with you long before you and Kwonnie declared as a couple.” “I just don’t have enough courage to tell you and I miss the chances before” “This time I want to tell you, regardless what’s your answer.” “eheheeehehe…..”Gain suddenly laughing like no tomorrow “why are you laughing?”. Seulong scratching his head not understand her reaction. “Because it is funny..” “Chet…I’m not even trying to be funny..” “Can’t we just be friend like this? I like our relationship as it is and you know I’m not ready for any commitment right now.” Gain stand up and picking up little pebbles then throw it into the lake. She then turned her head towards Seulong and says “Let’s discuss it some other time, okay?”  “Fine, I will wait until you ready..then I will ask you again.”

During this period of time, Seulong feel energetic and happier because of his confession. Gain not avoiding nor angry to him instead his confession makes their relationship more open up. Suddenly, beeping sound from his Blackberry surprise him. “Omo..Gain message”. Without he realize, silly smile form at his lips. “Seulong ah..do you want to have dinner with me?”. He then reply. “Why not? Eat in or out?”. “Hmm..definitely in. I’m cooking right now. Come to my house at 7, okay”. “whoa, home cooking at last..fine, I’ll come at 7.01 pm…keke”. Anything you want me to buy on my way there?”. “Nope. Owh…got to go..my kitchen maybe burning right now, bye”.  “Bye”. He places his phone back on the coffee table and rise from his seat to get ready.

Meanwhile, at the corner of the room, Kwonnie watch his movement with envy and anger. He can’t stand the way Seulong behave when receiving text message from Gain. He then walking towards Seulong blackberry, grabbing it and begin to search out his message inbox. His finding makes him angrier. No, furious to be exact. “Mwo? Dinner at 7? At her house??? Do you think you have the right to pursue her??”. He spontaneously thinking to toss the phone outside let it falls to the ground and destroyed along with the messages that he read just now. “Ehem, what are you doing with my phone?”. “Oh, I just picked it up. The phone falls under the table.” “Liar, do you think I didn’t see you read every message that Gain sent to me.”  Seulong mind said. Still, he smile and thank him. “Hyung, I’ve got to go now. If there is anything you want me to buy later, just call me.” He shouts to Changmin. “Same goes to both of you. He points his finger to Kwon at the sofa and Jinwoon that emerge from bathroom just now.   “Arasseo. Drive safely.” They saidin unison.

 

Along the ride to her apartment, Seulong cannot hide his excitement. He hums every song that plays on the radio and not stops smiling. “So this is the feeling when people fall in love.”. He stopped by at the flower shop and chooses a pot of ornamental herbs to be put as a decorationin her living room. She always likes this type of flower. Oblivious to him that Kwonnie followed him to Gain apartment. “Where should I park this car? There is none near her block. I suppose to come early. Haisss…this is all my fault. Have to walk far. Should’ve take bus or taxi instead”. Seulong mumble his frustration while walking.

 

Gain just finishes her shower when she hears her intercom ringing. Thinking it is Seulong she just presses the button to let the visitor pass through the lobby door. “Ding Dong….”. “Omo, is he a little bit early?. Gain mumbling while walking to the door and shout. “In a minute!!. But she is in shock because when she opens the door, it is not Seulong stand at the front instead one beautiful lady with fair skin staring at her. “I’m sorry, who are you?”.  Gain curiously asks. “Can I come inside first? I want to discuss something about Jo Kwon oppa”. Without waiting permission from the owner of the house, she just walks inside and finds her seats. Gain start to feel annoyed with this girl. “I don’t think this is the right time to discuss anything about Kwonnie. I’m expecting someone to come over”. “Are you expecting oppa to come here?”. The girl said. “Mwo? Oppa?”.Gain turns her head and rolled her eyes. “Ani.. I’m not expecting ‘your oppa to come here. Now could you please leave?”. Her patience becomes thinner as she rises to open the front door. “Yah! Sorry I’m late. Parking lots around here are fully occupied and I have to park my car a little bit far. Eh? Do you have company here?”.

 

“Seulong ah, I have to step out for a moment. Make yourself at home. I have to discuss something with this lady”. “What lady?”.Seulong then poke his head into the living room. “Yah. Erin ah, what are you doing here?”.  Said Seulong. “Oh,Oppa.. I didn’t expecting you to come here. I thought it’s Kwonnie oppa that Gain unnie talking about”. Gain more annoyed with her nasal voice and aegyo. Pretend much. “Who is she?”. Gain mouths it to Seulong asking him for some introduction. “Why, it is rude to barge into someone house and not introducing yourself, isn’t it Erin?. Erin just sat there and her eyes wander around with malicious mind. “She is Jeong Erin, our company trainee whose Kwonnie currently date”. Seulong pull her up from her seat and push her to the door. “Oh, I bring you flower but I forgot what its name..sorry. “I will be right back after sent this young lady downstairs”. Gain didn’t manage to say anything. The door closes before she can open . “What is that all about?”. Gain mumble alone while preparing the table.

 

“Let me go, I can walk by myself. You should wait until I’m finish talking to her before dragging me down here”. Erin stomp her feet in anger. “What are you trying to do Erin ah?. Leave her alone”. “No. Don’t try to shield her oppa. I must tell her that Kwonnie oppa is mine”.  “Says who?”. They both turn their head towards the voice. “Aanng…oppa, Seulong oppa hurting me. He drags me and my arm hurt”. Erin leaps to Kwonnie side clinging with so much aegyo that makes Seulong feeling nauseous. “What are you doing here Erin ah?. From what I remember, we are through on our last encounter. Finish”. Said Kwonnie while trying to escape from her clingy hand. “Errr..and from what I remember you and Gain also through months ago, so why are you here?”. Seulong said bluntly not caring death glare shoot from Kwonnie. “ Oppa, I won’t let you go. Why can you understand my heart?”. Erin begin to cries. Kwon and Seulong in panic mode. They can’t cause a scene in this public area afraid this will reach the tabloid reporter. “Kwon ah, its better if you take her home first. We will talk about this at home. Sorry, I have to go. Gain waiting for me upstairs”. Even if he wants to decline Seulong suggestion, he can’t because Erin not stopping at all. Feeling annoyed, he pulls Erin hand towards the car and drive out fast, leaving the apartment complex.