Chapter 12

Can You Love Me?

“What do you want to eat?” “Sandwich will be enough and coffee”. “Okay, I’ll be right back”.Kwon walk towards the counter and tell their order to the cashier. She observes kwon from afar. He has bruise on his forehead and cheeks probably from the impact of the accident. Realize that kwon almost reach their table, Gain pretend to look elsewhere. “How are you these day?”. Kwon start their conversation while stirring his black coffee. “I’m fine”. “The baby?”. Gain obviously surprised with his question start to stutter. “Ba..Baby? What baby?”. Kwon just silently sipping his warm drinks and bite his sandwich. So my prediction is true.. Seulong sudden interest with prenatal care, and those books he read. Gain indeed pregnant.. but who is the father of that child? Is it really Seulong hyung? What about his conversation with Changmin hyung yesterday, that he have not reach that level of intimacy yet with Gain. Is it by any chance…

 

His thought is interrupt when Gain flicking her finger in front of his face. “Yah, if you don’t have anything to say, I want to go back to Seulong room”. Gain already stands up from her chair when kwon hand quickly holds her arm. “Please tell me who the father of the baby is”. Gain starts to feel irritated.“Can’t you see? Of course it Seulong”. “Liar, I know you very well and you don’t know how to deceive people”. “It is up to you either to believe me or not. I hope you won’t say anything about this matter to anyone. This is supposed to be secret”. With that being said, Gain stands up and walks out from the café leaving Kwon alone still in his disbelief.

 

When Gain reaches Seulong room, she feels her legs give ways. Her body feels weak and her surroundings are spinning. She’s not able to hold the door knob and fall. However, kwon manage to catch her from fall. “Are you okay? Can you hear me?? Gain-ah, answer me”. Kwon shakes her body lightly. “She is suffering high-blood pressure due to nervousness, shocking news or other things that makes her under pressure. In this condition, she has to rest more. We will monitor her health status from time to time. You should try to cheer her up and not remind her about things that make her sad or afraid”. The doctor then leaves Kwon alone with Gain.

 

Gain opens her eyes. “Where am I?” her hoarse voice wake Kwon up. He is sleeping on the plastic chair beside Gain bed. “You’ve been admit to E&A ward after you collapse due to high blood pressure”. Kwon carefully tells her, worrying she will surprised and her blood pressure increase again. “Oh, I have to see Seulong now”. Gain tries to sit but stopped by Kwon. “I don’t think it is a good idea for now. The doctor has to stabilize your health first before discharging you, and then you can go to Seulong. Think of your health and the baby, Gain-ah”.  Unwillingly, she lies down again. He smiles lightly to her and pull the blanket up to her chest.

It is 4.00 PM and Gain is discharge from the ward. Kwon help to fill the discharge paperwork outside and she just waiting on the ward bed. Apparently, Jea went to the hotel nearby to send their luggage and will be back to fetch Gain after that. “Let’s go upstairs to visit Seulong”. Kwon finally come and bring her out. Their arrival welcomed by Seulong parent that arrived earlier. “Omo Gain-ah, are you come here to see Kwonnie? You are the lucky guy, Kwon-ah. I’m pity Seulong because he’s not having a woman like Gain to take care of him besides me, his mother”. Gain just smiles bitterly. I wish you know omoni.. After chatting with Seulong parent for a while, Gain has to leave. Jea wait in their accommodation because she’s not feeling well. Gain wants to go back by herself but Kwon insist to accompany her. Feel lazy to argue, she just give in.

 

As soon as they reach the hotel, they are taken aback because they’ve been swarm by a group of reporters. Fortunately, the hotel security helps them entering the hotel lobby. Worrying Gain health condition, he tries to shield her from the pushing and pulling. Gain hold him tightly afraid that she will left behind and attack by the ferocious paparazzi. “Gain-ah, we are safe now”. Gain keeps hold on to Kwon. He feels her body tremble. “Let’s go to your room. Maybe Jea is awake now”. When they reach her room, Jea already wake up and get ready to somewhere. “Owh Gain-ah, are you feel better now? do you want to join me? I will go downstairs to have dinner with my friend”. “Umm.. no thanks unnie. I will call room service later”. “How about you Kwon-ah?”.  “Nah, I’ll pass”. “Unnie, beware of reporters outside. They are everywhere”. “Okay, see you later”.

 

Gain takes her seat at the edge of the bed. Her body still trembles, shocked because of the attack. She silently lies down the bed and shut her eyes. Kwon approach her and adjust her blanket. He then went to sleep on the couch. These entire event are really tiring them both inside and outside. Silence engulfs the room as they are in dreamland now. “Noooooo….” Kwon automatically wakes up and went to sit beside Gain. Seems she is having a nightmare. She is sweating and crying on her sleep. “Gain-ah, wake up”. He shakes her body lightly a few times. When she opens her eyes, she immediately hugs Kwon. He is taken aback but then hugs Gain back. “Shhhh…. Don’t be afraid, I’m here”. Kwon pats her back.

 

When she opens her eyes, the room is so dark. Ah, it must be Jea unnie forgot to switch on the light. Then she feels there is a movement beside her. Why don’t I realize Jea unnie is already back? Gain then rolled to her left side and hugs the person. Weird.. I recognize this smell..  “Unnie…” “Hmmmm….” Kwon stir a little before hugs her back. Omo, this is certainly not unnie.. Am I sleeping with kwon again? Gain quickly wakes up and lit up the table lamp.  She then looks at the queen size bed. Kwonnie is indeed there sleep soundly like a little baby. She mad at herself because she seems giving him a hope to win her back by clinging to him. Gain then walks to the mini refrigerator to get a glass of cool water. After that she checks her phone. There is message from Jea. Gain-ah, I’m sorry I don’t wake you up because you seem so worn out. I know Kwonnie will take care of you. I have to go back to Seoul first because our CEO already knows and freak out that we sneak out to Japan to see AM boys. So I have to explain to him. Don’t worry I won’t reveal anything.  Ah, before I forgot.. yes.. the paparazzi is everywhere so please be careful dear. I heard one of them pays a bellboy to reveal what room number is we checked in. Take care Gain-ah.. Love, Jea Unnie. Gain sighs deeply. She stares at Kwonnie that still sleeping and will not wake up anytime soon. Dear god, please give me strength