Chapter 14

Can You Love Me?

Seulong is watching a rerun of entertainment program that late night on his room when he saw a segment that discussed about idol relationship scandal and the topic of Gain pregnancy and Jo Kwon proven to be the father pop up. In the picture that capture by the reporters, they are so happy together and there is also pictures of them outside the hotel at Japan after the accident. He feels betrayed and anger dominates his sanity. Not satisfy with the news that he saw, he then start to search on the net and dig more about it and feel more upset when he read tons of article about Jo kwon taking care of Gain on several occasion upload to the blogs and SNS by fans.

 

On the morning, he overheard Changmin and Kwon conversation that Gain will visit him this evening. Half of him really anticipates her presence but the other half slowly filled with anger and jealousy. He certainly can’t forgive the betrayal that been done by Gain and Jo Kwon. So that’s why he decides to pretend to have Amnesia as a revenge for Gain.

 

His heart beats viciously when she holds his long arm and clasps their finger. He misses her. He suppresses his urge to hug her. Obviously, jealousy already takes control his sane mind. Suddenly, Gain hugs him with a beautiful smile plaster on her face. He then pushes her away from him afraid his resolution dissolves by warmth that brought by Gain. “Excuse me miss..Who are you?” Yes. That is his first question to her. Instead of asking her health and the baby, he chooses to surprise Gain with his act. He can see the happiness on her face earlier, fade away. She looks confuse and after that she smile again, when she said he was joking to her. Realized his expression still not changes, she silently retract her hand from him and stand slowly. “Seulong-ah, I will come again tomorrow”. He can see how she drags her feet out from the room that evening. Without he realized, his tears flows as if he is watching a very sad movie.

 

That night Seulong cannot close his eyes even a second. Her sad face repetitively appears in his mind. Guilt gripped his soul. He then decides to sneak out from hospital and went to Gain apartment. He stands outside the door  for five good minutes before pressing the access code. The living room is quiet and dark then he proceeds to the bedroom. There she is, sleep soundly with her growing belly. Seulong walk towards the bed and lie down next to Gain. He her hair tenderly. Gain-ah.. what have I done to you…I’m really sorry… he then fell asleep with Gain in his embrace.

 

Gain is the happiest person that morning because when she woke up, she saw a pair of bandage hand that she misses the most embracing her. She turns around and kisses him lightly. He just stirs a little bit. “Seulong-ah, wake up. It is 7.30 AM already”. “Mmm…I want to sleep more”.  “Don’t you think they will search for you? They will be shocked if they find out that you are not in you room now”. “Don’t worry. I left a note there”. “Gain-ah…” “Hmmm…” “Are you mad at me?” “Why should I?” “Because I pretending to not remember you” “I know you lied that time, I just don’t know the reason.” Seulong sit on the bed while Gain still lies beside him. “I’m sorry, honey. It just I feel threatens with your relationship with Jo Kwon”. “Don’t be…you are the one I love now. Jo Kwon is just a friend that helps me in the name of friendship”. “Well, this time you don’t need him to help you. I promise I’ll be the one to take care of you from now on”. Gain smiles and hugs Seulong tightly.

 

The hospital calls Seulong guardian to know his whereabouts. Apparently, he don’t left any notes indicate where he go. His parent then calls 2AM members to ask them if he come back to their dorm but they also don’t know where he is. Jo Kwon then thought about Gain. Even if the percent is low, who knows maybe last night he regain his memory and go to Gain. He quickly dials her phone number.

 

Seulong is enjoying their morning kiss when Gains’ phone rang loudly.  Annoyed, he presses the green button to answer the call. “Hello..” “….” “Hello!” Seulong tones rise a little bit. He is furious because he does not like this kind of interruption early in the morning. “..Hyung, I’m sorry to disturb you but your parent and doctors are searching for you and thinking that you run away. They afraid your injuries will worsen if you not return to the hospital as soon as possible”. Jo Kwon gritted his teeth after he finish talking. Absolutely upset with Seulong. “Ohh.. it’s you kwon-ah… please tell my parent that I will return by myself tomorrow and don’t worry about me. Can you do that Kwonnie?”. “Arraso,….Please be careful hyung”. “I will and please don’t tell anybody where I am now” “Arraso”. ”Thanks Kwon-ah”.

 

Jo Kwon was still staring at his phone after their call ended. He really want to tell everyone that Seulong went to Gain apartment after pretending having amnesia yesterday and broke Gain heart. There goes my plan to get close to Gain and my unborn baby…He sighed and walk out from his room.

   

Seulong help Gain to prepare the baby room even though he cannot walk properly. The room already painted by Jo Kwon 2 days ago and the baby cot installed by BEG member. “Honey, could you help me to hang this thing there?”. Gain point her finger to the window “Oww….my poor midget…let me help you with that…”. After he finishes the task, he turns his face to Gain. “Otte? Did I done a good job?”. “Yes, you’ve done great”. Seulong then wrap his injured arm around Gain and kiss her. Their intimate interaction stopped when they feel cold wind blows. Seulong then close the window worried that they will fall ill unaware that someone already captures their action and his face.

 

On the next morning, Seulong return to the hospital with great happiness. He is smiling and almost jumping when walking on the way to his room. It is still early and there are not many visitors around. As soon as he opens the door, his mother run towards him and suddenly slaps him. “You rascal.. What are you doing with Gain yesterday? Are you the baby s’ father? Tell me now.. Tell me now!!!” His mother is hysterically shouting at him. “How did you know…” Seulong eyes dart to the several newspaper that scattered on the table. He then walk slowly towards the table and take one from the pile and read the headline Im Seulong and Gain intimate moment..are they an item? Is he the baby father? and he look below there are the pictures of them kissing passionately and his face before he close the window. “Son, your mother and I have discussed with your company about this matter. Then, we unanimously agree to let you rehabilitate and take a vacation outside Korea. They will do the paperwork and you just have to listen to what they say”. “No. How can I left Gain alone. She will deliver the baby soon. I will settle this matter, trust me omma”.  Seulong sternly says. “Why is she alone? She has her parent and her friends. There will be no problem to her. But you mister have a really big problem. How about your image and your group?. We also hurt by this. Your company has to pay a lot of money to the cover the damage. How can you settle that?”. His mother is still shouting at him.  Seulong just quietly sit at the corner of the room and thinking. “If you don’t want to make you mother suffer, just agree with their suggestion and you can always contact Gain from there” His father coax him. Believe with his father word he then agree to their suggestion.

 

She is doing her daily chores when she heard her phone rang loudly in the living room. It’s jea. “Hello, Gain-ah. Can you turn on your TV right now? There is something that you should watch. I will come by in 20 minutes. Talk to you later”. She then turns the TV on. Once again, she shocked of what she saw. Press conference of Seulong and her scandal and his sudden departure broadcast on national TV station. Her head feels heavy and her surrounding spinning faster. She then fell on the sofa unconsciously and this time no one will catch her. Seulong-ah,.. Don’t leave me