Chapter 2

Can You Love Me?

Kwon can’t stand the amicable aura that surround them but he also don’t have right to say anything, instead he just watch them from afar. He then feels regrets and pain piercing his heart. The last scene played dozen times in his head is how calm she is in his embrace. In the end, he just walks away helplessly.

“Seulong ah, thanks..”Gain smile warmly to him. “Mmm..don’t force yourself..just sleep okay?”. Seulong then wave and turn around to walk home. “Seulong ah..you are such a good friends!! I love you…you know that right?”. Gain shouts to him. His step stop right then and he turn his back. Obviously shock with her word but then he realizes the meaning of it. He just smile brightly and show love sign to her before he left.

Gain then continue walking to her apartment lobby. Not realize that pair of eyes watching her very step near the lamppost. Kwonnie then run and grab her hand before she can flash her card key. “Yeobo, let’s talk.” He takes the card from Gain, flashes it and drags her into the lift. On the way up to her 22nd floor apartment, Gain just stands quietly and her expression blank. His resolution to apologize seems to crumble when he saw her like that. “I can’t give her up..no..”.

“Talk…”.She blankly said. She sits on the chair across the place where he stands. He then takes a chair and sits in front of her. “Yeobo, I’m sorry because I break your heart”. “It just a fling and I really love you.” “Please forgive me.” He desperately said. No reaction whatsoever from her makes him nervous and fidgety. Silence occupies the living room. “I think you should go”. Finally she speaks up. He is unwilling to do so but there is nothing left he can do in this situation, so he left with heavy heart.

Upon arrive at home he then walk into Seulong room. “Hyung, you have to help me” “Why should I?” Seulong bluntly speaks. “It is not your first time deceiving her and for all this time I just let you do what you want”. “Let me ask you this, have you ever love her for real? Or you just want to be with her for your career sake?”. Kwonnie already one inch size at Seulong eyes. He really wants to punch Kwonnie face right now but he suppresses it.

Even though placed under scrutinized eyes of Seulong, he doesn’t waver. “You know I’m not using her for my sake, don’t you Hyung” “You know I love her”. “But why did you do that to her?” “Is that how much your love for her??”. Kwonnie is not answering the question, instead he just bow his head down. “ I wonder what love means to you since you give it so easily to just anyone”.

 

“I wonder what love means to you since you give it so easily to just anyone”.

That word keeps playing on his head like a broken record. He himself doesn’t know why he becomes like this. He know that they really love each other but his feeling for being in love with her eventually died down and he meet someone else that makes his heart flutter along the way.

“Kwon ah..thanks for all memories we have. I’ll always cherish it.”  Gain said while squeezing kwon hands. “I’m leaving you. Mianhe.” Upon heard the word from his heart shattered into pieces. His hand tremble and his knees can’t hold it anymore. How can she utter those words so coldly? Gain then turn her back and start to walk but her step halt when Kwonnie hug her from behind. “ No, don’t you dare leaving me. I can’t live without you. Yeobo please… I love you”. She releases his hand from her waist with force. “Mianhe..” and she start to walk again. “Yeobo..!! Yeobo!!”. She just walks away.

“I guess you don’t know how much you love someone until she’s leaving you.”Changmin blurt out when noticing Kwonnie space out again during their practice. He looks in mess right now. He seems in another dimension. “Okay, let’s start practicing again..you guys know the next concert date will approaching soon, right? so please work harder”. Their producer said it while looking at Kwonnie, he then shake his head.

“Stop..Kwon ah..why are you make mistake at the same line again? For god sake this is 7th time… Andwae, we can’t continue like this Kwon ah. ” “Mianhe hyung…I just can’t focus on singing right now.” “You have to, for 2AM sake”.The producer pats his shoulder. “Rest for 5 minute then we start over, arasseo.” “Okay..” they said in unison. Seulong sit beside Kwonnie and offering him water. Kwon just stared blankly and not responding. “Hyung, can we get some more time to rest? I have to discuss something with Kwonnie. He just drags Kwonnie to the rooftop. “Hey, let me go! I don’t want to hear anything from you.” “Really? What about this.. Forget Gain because she already found someone else.” “Says who? Who dare to take Gain from me?” “Me..” Seulong said as he already standing near the rail.

Upon hearing Seulong word he can’t hold his anger towards him and pounce on him. He throws punches to Seulong head but easily avoid by him and it makes him furious. “ I thought we are friends!” “ We are friends but I can’t tolerate when it comes to woman I love.” Kwonnie than kick Seulong leg makes him fall to the floor. “ You traitor!” He punches and kicks Seulong repeatedly like punching bag. Seulong just lay down on the floor and enduring attacks from Kwonnie. Suddenly, he just stops attacking and start to cry. “ Hyung, how can you do this to me? Losing her to someone else only mean die for me…I can’t lose her. She’s mine”.