Chapter 16

Can You Love Me?

(a/n: not the finale but enjoy....^^)

 

Today, she feels cramp and pain in her lower back. She feels the contraction pains in 15 minutes interval. Slowly, she carries a bag of clothes that Kwon prepares for her and the baby. She manages to call Kyungsun manager and her mother before hail the cab and go to the hospital by herself.     

On her way to the hospital, many thought come to her mind. She suddenly remembers about Kwon proposal two nights earlier. “Would you marry me?” Kwon look at her face with his hopeful eyes. “I want to build a family with you and our baby. I know I’m lacking in every aspect but I will learn. Can you give me chance to be with you again?. And if you say yes, I think I’m the happiest man in this whole world. Even if I die tomorrow, I will not regret it”.

Gain arrival welcome by worried Kwon. He arrives first and decide to wait at the hospital lobby. He looks so anxious .He walk  with her to the maternity ward. “Kwon-ah, I have to register first before admit into the ward. Could you please hold this?” Gain gives her duffle bag to Kwon and start to walk to the counter. “Wait, I will do it for you. Just stay here”. After a few minute, kwon came back and bring a complete form. “Gain-ah, can you let me accompany you in the labor room? I really want to hold my child first”.

Kwon feel so happy when Gain let him to be with her at the labor room. He starts to illustrate their life together after his daughter is born in his mind. His obvious happiness makes Gain smile a little bit and forget about the pain for a while. She just observes him silently from the patient bed. Kwon call everyone that associate with her and tell them the baby is on the way excitedly.

The pain increase and it is the time for the baby out from her mummy tummy and meet her parent. Kwon hurriedly call the nurses and ask them to bring her to the labor room this instance. All things happen like a split of second. Her battle with pain and energy drain suddenly disappears when she heard her daughter crying. Half-conscious Kwon (he almost faint when he saw a lot of blood) hold the baby and put it in Gains’ embrace. “Although I know she resembles me much but her beauty resembles you more. Thank you for this lifetime opportunity”. He then kisses her forehead. Doctor and nurses clap their hands and congratulate he newborn parent.

Touch with his dedication to her and their newborn baby, she then say something that not only shock Kwon but at the same time makes him happy. “Kwon-ah, thanks for all this. About your proposal, my answer is yes, but you have to fulfill my condition after that”.

“I will marry you after you find out Seulong’s whereabouts. No need to reach him. I will do the rest. I need a closure for my relationship with him and start a new chapter in my life. Could you help me?” Her request makes him thinking all night. He then picks up his phone and search someone number.

Their small engagement and celebrating the newborn party was held 2 weeks after she discharged from hospital.  All their family and close friend actually shock by this news but happy and supportive. Kwon and Gain is moving in to the bigger house at the sub-urbs outside Seoul. He makes a great effort to be a father to Hani. In fact, he plays a bigger role in taking cares their baby after they move in together.  

Loud sound coming from his phone startles him. It’s 6.30 AM. He fallen asleep beside the baby cot, tired after taking care his precious daughter all night long. He takes Hani body temperature first and then writes it on their daughter development notebook. Thankfully her body temperature went down to normal. Kwon clean up the baby room and enter the bedroom. “Kwon-ah, how’s Hani?” Gain already wake up from her brief sleep and walk to their child room. “I think her fever is gone now. The temperature went down to normal. She is still sleeping. Don’t wake her up okay?” Kwon said while take off his shirt and prepare to bath.

Gain watches Hani before preparing a simple breakfast to her little family when Kwon’s iPhone ring loudly at the living room. “Yeobo, there is someone calling your phone a minute ago”. Gain tells Kwon as soon as he emerges from their master bedroom. “Oh, it must be manager hyung calling me”. He checked 2 missed calls and 1 message. Call me ASAP- Se Yoon Hyung. He then press call button. “Ah, hyung..Kwonnie here. Is there any news? Really? Okay, I will meet you at the bistro in 1 hour”.”Yeobo, I have to meet someone at Seoul. Is that okay with you?” “It’s okay, but please don’t return home late. I don’t want Hani cry searching for you”. ”Okay, I will go after finish this meal and return home early”. What Gain said is true. Hani will cry whenever he is not around. I wonder what Gain will do if I’m gone… Kwon shake the feeling and start the car engine. He then driving off from their home with Gain watches him at the front door.

“Kwon-ah, I’ve got news about Seulong. He is now at the small village somewhere in North Borneo. I heard that his injury is fully healed now. Just take this envelope. I compile all information from various sources. You can now find him and end this thing once and for all". Se Yoon push that envelop to Kwon. "Thanks for your help hyung. I really appreciate it" Kwon shake Se Yoon hand. "It's the only thing that I can do to repay your kindness. Without your help my entire family will die in starvation and homeless". Se Yoon tap Kwon shoulder. On his way back, his mind already plan for what's next. Just wait for a little bit longer Kwon, everything will be where it's belongs to.