Chapter 11

Can You Love Me?

 

For the first time in his life, he want to be a reliable man to the woman he love. He’s not regretting the decision he’s made.  He prepares much for gain pregnancy, from her food to her mental and physical support. He does not forget to check on her everyday even when he is away for his schedule. He's back to sweet and caring man that Gain knew. No one knows even between his group mates. He intentionally keeps this secret from them, worrying they will mad at him and later on prevent him to take care of her. Luckily he and Gain visit private hospital so her prenatal appointments are not disturbed by scrutinize eyes of people and particularly netizens that will threaten her life if they ever find out.

 

“Seulong-ah, when will you come back?”. Seulong just her grown stomach lightly. “Our schedules require us to stay in Japan for 2 full weeks. I will be back on Sunday next 2 weeks. Are you starting to miss me?...kekeke” “Ani, I’m worried there is no one to boss around if you not here. I’ll be bored to death”. “I’ll miss you too”. He just hugs her. “Promise me to take a good care of yourself alright? Jea noona will come here every day don’t she? I’ll call you every night from there”. “Arraseo, just go. I’m sure there is a lot of a thing that you have to prepare before your departure tomorrow. Yes, Jea unnie will visit me every day and I’ll wait for your call every night, do you happy now?” “Chet..You don’t know how worried I am to leaving you alone”.

 

Ding..dong.. “Yah, ppali..open the door..it is freezing here”. Jea face emerges on the security screen the next day. “How are you today? Do you want to eat something? Should I order something from outside?” Gain just chuckle seeing how boisterous her loving unnie. She knows it must be Seulong instructed her to ask those questions. “I’m fine unnie, take a seat first”. “I’m actually can’t get used of this kind of situation”. She point to Gain stomach. “How come you precede all of us, maknae-ah. Huu…I’m jealous. But this is just between us Gain-ah, Is Seulong the father of this child?” Jea bravely ask her. “Wae? Are you saying Seulong is not capable?” “It is not that Gain-ah, you know why I’m asking this”. Gain pondering a little before continues to answer Jea. It is no use to hide the facts when Jea know her inside and outside the most. “I hope you won’t tell anybody about this, unnie”.  Gain then tells her the whole story.

“Omo..omo. I don’t think I can handle all of this if I were you. Maknae-ah, I’m sorry that I don’t know this earlier, but I swear I will help you get through this. I’m not leaving you alone”. “Thanks unnie” Gain hugs Jea tightly, tears form in her eyes. “Yah, don’t you dare to cry. If not I’ll cry too”. Jea saying it while wiping her already wet eyes. Suddenly Jea blurt out question that makes her speechless .  “What about Jo Kwon? Is he know about this?. Gain justshakes her head. “I don’t think it is necessary, to tell him.“Unnie, I’m starving. Can we order food now?” Gain tries to change the topic. Realize that her question is not appropriate, she then quickly answering Gain. “Of course my dear maknae. What do you want to eat?”….

 

Jea already left because she had to attend one schedule that at first assign to Gain and Narsha. She is thankful to Jea for her understanding and her willingness to help with her pregnancy. Jea also told Gain to apply for leave from their group and individual schedule to make sure she can take a good rest for herself and the baby. That makes sense because she became more tired and not feels good recently. Suddenly her phone ring, “How are you dear? Do you miss me?” “Omo, it is not even night here, but you already calling me for 4 times today. I though you’ll call me at night”. “What to do, I miss you so much”. “How about you schedule?”. “What about it? Ah, we have radio schedule right now and on evening we will held fan meeting at Bunkamura Orchard Hall”. “Ottoeke? You must be tired when your schedules finish by night. You don’t have to call me tonight. Just call me tomorrow morning, okey?”. “Shiroo, I want to hear you voice before sleep” “Okay,I’ll give you 1 minute to talk tonight. Now please concentrate on your schedule first”. “kekeke…thanks honey, see you tonight. Bye”.

 

Seulong is listening Jet Lag by Simple Plan feat Natasha Bedingfield on the way to their hotel. He then updates his twitter account by typing #nowplaying Jet Lag-Simple Plan ft Natasha Bedingfield. A lot of RT generates after that and fan around the globe asking him who is the lucky girl that he’s misses so much.  As he resting his tired body and close his eyes, he heard screeching sound before feel their car tumbles 2 times. He tries to open his eyes and watch his surroundings. It is so quiet and after that he heard Jinwoon scream in pain. He feels dizzy and suddenly he’s unconscious.

 

The impact area is secure by Tokyo Police to investigate the cause of accident.  From the statement of the truck driver, the cause of the accident is brake malfunction causing him can’t control his truck and rammed to 2AM van that happen to passing by in the intersection after the green light. Changmin and Jo kwon just have minor injuries while Jinwoon suffering head trauma and broken leg. Seulong still not gain his consciousness and he has broken arm and leg. Doctors still observing his condition afraid the impact will affect his brain.

 

The news of their misfortune is rapidly reported on Japanese media and not long from that Korean side also broadcast it on their national television. Gain is watching TV drama that night while waiting Seulong to call her when suddenly the broadcast change with the shocking news that makes her world tumble down on the spot. With her teary eyes, she calls Jea and asking to accompany her fly to Japan as soon as possible. Jea and their manager manage to get the early morning flight ticket to Tokyo for two of them and she already call JYP representative there to know 2AM whereabouts.

 

The flight to Tokyo from Incheon International Airport seems forever this time. She feels restless. Jea held her hand and pat her shoulder. “Gain-ah, you should calm yourself. It is not good for you and the baby” “Unnie, ottokae? What if Seulong doesn’t make it? I can’t take it if that’s happen to him”. Gain start to cry again. “Hush, he will fight it for you. He will not die easily”. Announcement from the cabin crew stop their conversation. They prepare to disembark from the aircraft, get through the immigration clearance and meet JYP representative that waiting for them on arrival gate outside.

 

Her heart pounding hard when they arrive at the hospital where all 2AM member hospitalized. They’ve been told that all parent of 2AM member will arrive at noon. She keep pressing her chest before they reach patient room where Seulong been treated. They let Gain enter the room alone. She inhales deeply before open the door. The room feels warm. Her eyes searching for him and then stops when she saw a tall man lie down on the bed unconsciously.  Her tears fall again for the nth time. She braces herself to approach him. She touches his bandage arm. “Honn..Honey, I’m here. Don’t …don’t yyyou wwant ttto welcome me?” Gain stuttering while his hair lightly. His head wrapped heavily and there are bruise and cuts everywhere on his pitiful face. Her hand shaking and finally she give in to her tears. “Seulong-ah, me and our baby waiting for you, you have to wake up now”.

 

She is taken aback when someone pat her shoulder. She is more surprise when the person that standing on her back is Kwon. “Gain-ah, the doctors have to examine him right now. How about we wait outside? Also, there is something I want to ask you”. The doctors and nurses start to fill the spacious patient room. Gain unwillingly follows Kwon to the hospital café. Kwon stares at her for a while and then his eyes focus to her stomach when they walk side by side towards the café downstairs.