Chapter 10

Can You Love Me?

 

“Do you really that happy?”Gain smiles while holding Seulong left hand while they walk along the riverside. Seulong can’t stop smiling while put their hand in his jacket pockets. The night is so cold but the event that happen just now warms his heart. They back to the bench where they sit earlier. “Seulong-ah, there is a things that I want to tell you about me and Kwonnie. I want you to know before someone else told you. Last night, Kwonnie and I go for a drinks and yeah I was pretty drunk and want to went back to sleep. The stall is about to close so the ahjuma told me to bring Kwonnie along. When I awake.. I realize that we kinda.. umm..sleep together..” Gain fidgeting her finger and kicking the small pebbles while speaking nervously. “I know about that”. Gain lift her head and look at Seulong face confuse. “Yeah, I know about that. I went to your apartment this morning”. “Why didn’t you ask me about it? Don’t you feel mad?...How did you know? You went to my apartment does not mean you know we are sleeping together. Is Kwonnie told you everything?”. Gain already feels anxious. She don’t want Seulong think that she is an easy woman that just play with men’s heart. “Yeah, he told me. Maybe, he himself in the beginning is not aware that he sleeps at your apartment when he opens the door this morning. So when he went back to our dorm, I ask him directly”. Seulong stands and inhale deeply. “I am mad.. in fact I am really furious when heard his answer and punch him right on his right eye. Is that answered your question? But, if you thinking that will make my heart waver, then my answer is no. I don’t care about it as long as you don’t leave my side. This is how much I love you”. Gain exhaled his breath and hug from back. “I’m sorry, and thanks for not leaving me too".

 

It is 8.30 p.m and Seulong unwillingly send Gain to her apartment after he got a phone call from his company. She takes this opportunity to meet Changmin at the café nearby. After showered and change clothes, she walks to the café and sit there waiting for Changmin arrival. “Hey, sorry to make you wait a little longer. I have a discussion earlier”. Changmin said while taking his seat in front of her.“You know why I want to meet you right?”.  Gain just nods her head. “I’m not trying to blame you or Kwonnie and Seulong, but our group is in mess right now. Kwonnie and Seulong can’t sit together and if they do, then one of them will start the fight and we have to clean every mess they’ve done. Our company PDs and all staff start to wonder and asking us what happen to them. I’m afraid if this thing continues, it will eventually reach the reporters and that time you can’t imagine what will happen. I’m not asking you to end you relationship with either of them but I just hope you can state your stand so they can move on”. “I’ve already decide my stand if is that you want to know. I’m sorry because I’m causing so much pain to all of you”. After an hour discussing with Changmin, Gain walks back home with a light feeling in her heart.

 

“Gain-ah”.Someone called her name. She turned around and Kwonnie standing right in front of her. Snow start to fall and the wind blows lightly, but neither of them are about to open their mouth to speak. “Let’s talk”. Gain can’t stand the freezing weather, so she pulls Kwonnie hand and walks towards the apartment lobby and enter the lift. Kwonnie just following her and when they arrive to Gain apartment, he sits on his favorite couch while observing Gain. When Gain bends her body down to serve him a cup of coffee, he can see a love marks on her left . His heart pounding hard and he is fidgeting his finger. Aware that Kwon observing her, she then stand abruptly and walk to the kitchen counter. “Gain-ah, about last night….”. Kwon want to say something about what happen with them last night but he interrupted by Gain. “Kwon-ah, I already choose Seulong and about that night, I hope we can forget it. Let’s move on. You know I still love you as a friend don’t you? Can you be my friend, Kwonnie?”. The tears can’t be hold anymore. He can’t contain his sadness but he somewhat happy when she at least want to be his friend. It means he can always see her if he misses her. It is more than enough for him now. Feeling sad, she then hugs Kwonnie. “I’m sorry Kwon-ah”.   

 

The three of them can’t fall asleep that night, a lot of thought wander in their mind. They wonder what will happen tomorrow and the day after. As no one knows or predict the future ahead. Seulong got reprimand from the company CEO and same goes to Kwon the next morning. After that, they all live their life as usual. Well,until that day..

 

It is 2 month they’ve been together, and this is the third time Seulong and Gain fought. From the tiniest things will bring a lot bigger issue later. She can’t believe that he will be this kind of man. As a good girlfriend, she will give in first and coaxing Seulong. But not that day, she is not feeling well but Seulong seems don’t care about her condition. He keeps saying things that irritate her. She abruptly stands because she feels dizzy and wants to vomit so much. Seulong who does not aware her state, also stand furiously and push her to the couch. Gain can’t hold on any more, runs to the bathroom and vomit. Uh…why am I being like this? Is that something I eat earlier?”. Seulong anger subsides tremendously when seeing Gain in pain. He lift Gain to the bedroom and clean her face. “I’m sorry Gain-ah. Are you sick? Let’s go to hospital, okay?”. Gain just nods her head answering him.

 

Congratulation Miss Son, your urine test indicates that you are pregnant, and based on your last menstrual date, you are now 8 weeks pregnant. To lessen the morning sickness effect, please take the medications that prescribe for you. Your next prenatal appointment is 4 week from now. Any question?”. The doctor genuinely smiles to her. He then writes prescription on the paper and give it to the nurse beside him.“Can I work on this condition? My schedule is very tiring and occasionally I’ll skip meals. Is that bad for my baby, doctor?”. “Umm…you still can work in this early trimester and it is not affect your pregnancy but you have to be careful and always spend time to rest and eat regularly. Don’t worry so much, Miss Son. He smiles to her and pat her shoulder. “Please wait for your medication at the pharmacy counter outside and see you on the next appointment”. “Thanks doctor”. Gain walks out weakly.

 

Seulong is waiting anxiously outside the examination room. He then runs to Gain as soon as the door is open. “So?? What doctor said??”. Gain just silently waits in front of the pharmacy counter until her name is called. After get her medication, she just walk out leaving Seulong paying the medical bill. Seulong barely catch his breath and have to run again when he saw Gain almost get in the taxi. “Yah! Gain-ah, what’s wrong with you?. Why are you like this all of the sudden?”. He curiously asks her. “Seulong-ah, can I hug you?”. He just let her do what she want for now and lead her to his car. Their trip from hospital to Gain apartment shrouded in silence.

 

“Seulong-ah, can you give me a glass of water?”. Even though he still startled with her sudden behavior, he then follow her demand. “Would you still love me after I told you what actually happen?". Gain speaks out of the blue. “Of course, nothing will make my love for you waver, you already know that”. Seulong says it with confidence while drinking water beside Gain. “I’m pregnant” Furrrrrrrrr….water came out from Seulong mouth. “Come again?” ask Seulong not believing what he heard. “I’m 8 weeks pregnant”. Realization hit him, his girlfriend carrying somebody else child in her stomach. It is definitely not his because their relationship not reaches that level. It is still in earlier stage. For a while he pondering on how to react to this shocking news but at last he smiles to her and touch her flat stomach. “Aegi-ah, appa here. How are you?”