A Dream

Astela

The group was on its way to Staym Blya. Two witch hunters, a prodigious boy from earth, a cursed boy and a dying one. Yongguk walked in the front, with Himchan and Jongup following close by. Jongup was carrying Youngjae through the air. He was asleep. Daehyun made sure he was by Youngjae’s side at all times.

“It’s late, we should rest for the night”

Yongguk decided, so they sat camping in the middle of the forest. The place seemed safe enough.

It was in the middle of the night and Yongguk told Himchan to go to sleep so he would stay awake for the next hour or so.

But he was so tired. His eyes were so heavy.

 

“Yongguk”

Someone called.

“Yongguk”

A white light passed by waking him up. He tried to reach for his crossbow but it was missing. He was actually feeling dizzy.He was seeing a tall boy, the most beautiful creature he had ever seen in this world. He had blond hair and pointy ears. It was an elf from the mountain.

“I’m sorry, Yongguk.”

He said.

“You’re Zelo…”

Yongguk recognized his voice.

“But I thought you were a witch.”

“I’m not... I’m worst than that... Listen to me, I don’t have much time.”

Yongguk looked at the others. They were all fast asleep.

“Many, many years ago…”

Zelo continued.

“I had loved someone… a female human. But our love was prohibited by elfs and men… and in the end… in the end she died because of it.”

Zelo looked so eternally sad. Yongguk had an urge to hug him.

“I was so mad. My anger and hate became the first witch of its kind.”

 He looked at Youngjae.

“That poor boy has suffered enough. It abducted his body and has been feeding of it since the beginning. It is what keeps him alive, but what kind of life is that?”

“You created witches…”

Yongguk concluded.

“You are the reason of the evil in this world. Why my family was killed. Why people are suffering every day.”

“Hate generates hate Yongguk.”

Said Zelo looking him in the eyes.

“I understand that now, but back then I just wanted revenge. Our love was precious but they hated us for it. What created hate was their envy. Envy is the evil witches are made of and only love can save us all.”

“You lie!”

Yongguk tried to get up but he didn’t have strength in his muscles.

“Love, Yongguk, love.”

 

Suddenly Yongguk woke up. He looked arroud, it was dawn. Himchan and Jongup were sleeping holding each other. Youngjae was in pain while Daehyun changed his bandages.

 

“Hate generates hate”

These words resonated inside his mind.

“Love, Yongguk, love.”

 

A few moments later they ate something and were back on their way to the northern mountain. It was getting cold, very cold. The green of the forest was being replaced by white snow as they walked.

Jongup was too tired to keep carring Youngjae so he let him rest in the snow. Himchan tried to keep Jongup warm and Daehyun hugged Youngjae crying. His tears turning into ice almost instantly. Yongguk was starting to feel dizzy again and everything went black.