A New Team

Astela

Yongguk was passing back and forth on the castle’s hall.

Youngjae and Daehyun were sitting on chairs at a big embellished ice table. Zelo was standing up near them.

“Yongguk, please stop.”

Asked Youngjae.

“I have nowhere to go, but Daehyun needs to go back home. We need your help.”

“You…”

Yongguk still had some doubts about Youngjae’s presence.

“Need my help?”

“He’s not a witch anymore.”

Assured Daehyun.

“But there are still others, it isn’t safe out there in Astela.”

“They’re right.”

Agreed Zelo.

“That’s what Himchan would want you to do. And I promise I’ll bring him back in a year time. Until then…”

“Until then, I’ll do my job!”

Yongguk concluded.

“And you’ll come with us.”

He also decided.

“I can’t leave my castle!”

Zelo said nervously.

“Why? Are you afraid?”

“I’m not afraid… It’s just that… I’ve been living here alone since… she died. I haven’t gone to the outside world very often...”

“And you call yourself a king. King of what?”

Zelo was holding back his tears.

“Oh, Zelo, you’re a great king…”

Daehyun patted his shoulder.

“I’m no king. My kingdom abandoned me and traveled to another world when… it happened. I’ve been alone for hundreds of years now. All I have is this castle of ice.”

Zelo admitted.

“Now you have a debt with me!”

Yongguk said.

“I say you are to become a witch hunter during a year, until you bring Himchan back and only then your debt will be paid off.”

Zelo didn’t like to be ordered like that, but he was truly in debt with them. The fact that Himchan had gone with Jongup wasn’t his fault, but if anything, he should help get the world rid of witches. Now that the main cause of it had been destroyed, it would be much easier. There was hope.

“I also want to become a witch hunter! Will you teach me?”

Youngjae asked all of a sudden.

“But Youngjae, you said you’d come with me.”

Daehyun remembered.

“I’m sorry Daehyun. I’ll take you home, but then I have to go. I’ve been imprisoned by that witch for many years. It is time I fight back. I feel this is my purpose now.”

“Then I want to be a witch hunter too!”

Daehyun decided.

Yongguk rolled his eyes.

“No! No one is coming but…”

“They can do it!”

Zelo said smiling.

“We’re all going with you.”

Yongguk didn't like that sometimes he was powerless towards Zelo. His smile was so precious...

"Alright, then..."

He agreed against his will.

"Let's go hunt some witches!"