One Year Later

Astela

Briiiiing~

Himchan’s phone rang.

He was sitting at a coffee shop with an Americano in his hand and there were two other empty cups on the table.

“Hello?”

He answered the phone.

“Himchan, where are you?”

It was Jongup.

“I’m at the coffee shop near the studio.”

“It’s almost time, you have to come.”

Himchan sighed.

It was exactly one year today when Jongup was brought to Astela and they believed Zelo would open a portal at the same time for Himchan to go back.

So he finished his third Americano and walked to Jongup’s house. His mother answered the door.

“Hi! Nice to see you again, Himchan!”

She smiled brightly.

“Is Jongup in?”

“Jongup is in his bedroom you can go up.”

Himchan thanked her and went upstairs. On the hallway there was a picture of Jongup with his mother and Himchan together taken last Christmas.

When he opened the door to his bedroom he noticed Jongup was floating a few inches from the floor looking out the window.

 

In Astela:

Zelo was waiting alone in his castle’s hall. It was almost time. Suddenly someone knocked on the door. Zelo smiled and ran to open it.

It was Daehyun and Youngjae. Daehyun was carrying Yongguk’s old crossbow and Youngjae was holding his wand. They looked tired.

“Oh, it’s you.”

Zelo said a bit disappointed.

“I see you’re happy to see us.”

Youngjae said joking.

”So, he didn’t come?”

“No. But it doesn’t matter.”

Zelo decided.

“It’s time, so I’ll do what I have to do.”

 

On Earth:

Himchan and Jongup were sat in silence.

“I’ll miss this.”

Himchan said out of nowhere.

Jongup didn’t respond.

“Will you miss me?”

Himchan asked.

Jongup looked at him not knowing exactly what to say.

“Of course I’ll miss you.”

Jongup flew to Himchan and hugged him until a black hole appeared on the floor next to them.

“I don’t want to leave you…”

Himchan whispered while the hole was getting bigger.

“Don’t go!”

Jongup asked but suddenly Himchan’s feet where caught by the hole.

Jongup tried to pull Himchan back but it was too late. The hole was him to the other side and he wasn’t strong enough. Their hands fell apart. Himchan vanished and the black hole disappeared.

Jongup was left alone in his bedroom.

 

Himchan landed on the ice castle’s floor.

“No…”

They all stand there looking at him. Himchan looked devastated.

“Bring me back!”

He yelled at Zelo, but the elf was looking paler than ever when suddenly he fainted.

Himchan grabbed Zelo before he landed on the floor and then there was another knock on the door.