Welcome to Astela

Astela

This story is set on a distant land called Astela. Men control all provinces of Astela, but this world has a much greater power that controls them. An unknown power is hidden in the northern mountain where men aren’t allowed to go. Some people believe that the power that comes from the mountain is good. Others fear it and don’t even dare to speak its name. The mountain of Staym Blya. There are many stories told about it. Some tell it’s a magical place, much like heaven, others tell it’s actually inhabited by dark, unimaginable creatures that kill humans and feed of their raw flesh. But truly no one really knows for no men ventured to get near Staim Blya for hundreds of years now.

 

Somewhere in the Green Forest of Astela:

“Let’s go!”

Said a young man to another.

He was dressed in black from head to toe. His shirt was slightly open over the chest to uncover part of what seemed a large tattoo.

“But I’m still hungry”

Said the other. He was wearing black leather pants and a wine red jacket with a black belt holding what seemed to be knifes.

“Himchan, we just ate.”

The first man said picking up a heavy metal crossbow.

“Ok, you’re the leader.”

The man named Himcahn sighed, and got up picking up another large crossbow.

“Where are we going this time?”

Himchan asked.

“You know where we’re going.”

“Yongguk, I’m not sure…”

“I told you!”

The first man, Yongguk, said suddenly in a calm voice.

“If you don’t want to come with me, that’s fine, but I’m going, and that’s it.”

He started walking with Himchan strolling behind him.

“I’m going with you, wherever you’ll go.”

Said Himchan in a moody tone.

“I’m just not sure if… I think we’ll need help.”

“Maybe…”

Yongguk admitted.

“But, as usual, we’re all we’ve got”

 

Far away from there, a boy with silver hair stood alone in his bedroom. He was trying to do his homework but his mind wasn’t focusing. He got up from the desk and layed on the bed. He closed his eyes and moments later his body started floating above the bed.

“Jongup!”

Someone called him. He fell from the air onto the bed.

“Come down for dinner!”

“Yes, mom!”

Jongup sighed and got up.

“When will I understand this power?”

He asked himself, wondering where his airbending power had come from.

It wasn’t long ago when he discovered it, and he had been very confused ever since. No one knew, nor his family at home, nor his friends at school. He was still trying to figure it out.

On the way to the door he felt something strange and stopped. The room became dark. Jongup looked around and jumped. He was now floating near the ceiling and on the place where he stood seconds ago there was a black hole. But the floor wasn’t broken. Jongup floated close to the hole to see what it was and suddenly the hole got bigger, so big it grew into the walls of his bedroom until it reached the ceiling. Jongup tried to fly away, but it was all over the place. The room became smaller and smaller until the darkness touched him painfully. He was losing his power. Next thing he noticed he was falling through a bunch of trees into a fluffy green bush.

“Did you hear this?”

Himchan asked Yongguk.

“Yeah, it looks like something fell not far away from here”

They both nodded to one another and run towards where the sound had come from.

 

Jongup was trying to stand up, but before he could get his senses back something knocked him down again.

“Ha ha ha ha ha”

Someone laughed.

This time Jongup got up and jumped in the air.

“Wow!”

Himchan exclaimed as they got there.

“Shh!”

Yongguk shushed him.

“There’s a witch”

As he said this, a figure covered in black, holding a wand aimed to Jongup.

A blue flash of light came out from the tip the wand and Jongup flew away from it just in time. The witch aimed to him again, and he escaped again and again until he disappeared.

“Where are you?”

The witch asked with a malicious smile. Its face was grey with rays of blue and completely dark eyes.

“You can’t hide from me.”

The witch turned away and aimed the wand to the the right but suddenly Jongup kicked it in the head from the left.

The witch screamed and disappeared before falling on the floor.

Jongup stood floating in the air with his heart racing.

“What a dumb witch”

Himchan said getting out from the bushes from where he and Yongguk watched everything.

“That was impressive!”

He said clapping to Jongup.

But Jongup disappeared again.

“Where did he go?”

Himchan asked confused.

Suddenly Yongguk pushed Himchan out of the way and got his crossbow ready to shoot as Jongup reappeared again, flying in their direction and stopping just in front of the shiny silver arrow.

“Who are you?”

Yongguk asked in a deep voice.

“Hey, wait!”

Himchan got up from the floor and put himself between Yongguk and Jongup.

“He’s just a kid, Yongguk, can‘t you see? He’s scared.”

Himchan turned to Jongup who was still floating in the air.

“Hi! I’m Kim Himchan and this is Bang Yongguk. What’s your name?”

“Jongup.”

He answered in a low voice, still defensive.

“It’s ok, we’re not going to hurt you.”

Himchan said signing with his hand for Yongguk to lower the crossbow.

Yongguk did so rolling his eyes.

“Who are you?”

Aked Jongup this time.

“Oh, we are witch hunters.”

Himchan said full of pride.

“You know, that thing that just attacked you…”

“That... was a wicth?!”

Jongup asked more confused than ever.

“Oh, no. I have to get back home. Where is this place?”

“Are you lost?”

Himchan asked.

“I think so.”

“Don’t worry, you're in Astela, and we’re going to help you get home.”