Change of Plans

Astela

Jongup pushed Himchan away.

“What are you doing?!”

 

Meanwhile in Astela:

Zelo was going in the front followed by Youngjae and Daehyun. Yongguk was a few steps behind them.

He was feeling embarrassed with the position he put himself into.

Suddenly he heard a strange laughing noise and stopped.

The others looked  behind.

“Look out!”

Youngjae yelled at Yongguk; and he shoot a pink lightning from his wand to the place where Yogguk was just seconds ago. It hit a witch that fell on the floor at their feet.

“I met this one before,”

Said Yongguk.”

“It’s the one that attacked Jongup when he first arrived.”

“Let me try something.”

Youngjae said and so he aimed his wand at the witch striking it with a pink light. It was shining very bright and then a shadow started to come out of it.

“Woah, how do you do that?”

Daehyun asked.

“I don’t know.”

Youngjae said, satisfied with his ability.

“Hurry, someone do something!”

Zelo noticed Yongguk was fighting against using his crossbow so he froze the shadow to save them some time.

“It’s your turn Yongguk.”

He said.

Yongguk was afraid to kill anything at all again. He didn’t want to be that person anymore.

Tired of waiting, Daehyun took Yongguk's crossbow from his hand and shoot himself an arrow at the frozen shadow. It broke into fine pieces that vanished in the air.

“Woah!”

Exclamed Daehyun, amazed with himself.

Yongguk took the crossbow back from him without saying a word and walked away.

The witch on the floor was transforming. Their grey skin was now pale white and their dark hair was now blond.

“What do we do with this one?”

Youngjae asked.

“We leave them to be. We already did everything we could. When they wake up, they will have they life back. We better go.”

Said Zelo.

So everyone went ahead following Yongguk who was now walking a few steps in front of them.

“What’s wrong with him?”

Daehyun asked the other two.

Youngjae shrugged.

“He will be fine.”

Zelo hoped.

 

That night they set camping inside a small stone cavern in the middle of the forest.

“Everyone…”

Yongguk called before they went to sleep.

“I need to tell you something.. I made a decision… and I’m going to give up.”

The other sat in silence for a while until Youngjae spoke.

“What!?”

“I can’t do this anmore. I just want peace.”

Yongguk explained.

“From now on, I’ll do my best to become a better person and help the less fortunate, without having to deal with neither dark powers nor wars.”

Then he picked up his crossbow.

“Daehyun, I leave you this. It is yours now.”

Daehyun accepted the unexpected gift.

“But…”

 “Please understand… Tomorrow I’ll be a different person and I wil no longer be a witch hunter.”

“What about my debt?”

Asked Zelo feeling confused with the sudden change.

“You’re free to go back to your castle if you want to.”