Spiritual Projection

Astela

Himchan and Jongup were holding hands when they landed on the floor of Jongup’s bedroom.

“Himchan!? What are you doing here?”

“I was telling you to wait and then…”

“Jongup! Get down for dinner!”

His mother called.

“Don’t say anything. I’ll be right back.”

Jongup got out of the bedroom closing the door behind him.

“How long has it been!? It seems like no time has passed at all.”

He thought getting down the stairs. When he got to the living room he saw his mother setting down the table for dinner. He quickly hugged her.

“Jongup, is everything ok?”

She asked smiling.

“Yeah, I just missed you… I mean, I love you mom.”

“Oh?! I love you too, son. Now sit down to eat.”

“Actually… I was thinking about having dinner in my bedroom, I’m doing some homework… Is it ok?”

“Ok, go up, I’ll get you something.”

“NO! I mean, don’t worry, I’ll take it myself.”

Jongup picked up two bowls of rice and a bunch of side dishes his mother had prepared.

“Are you going to eat all that honey?”

“I… am.”

He answered and she smiled shaking her head while Jongup was getting up the stairs.

When he got to his bedroom, Himchan helped him close the door.

“Is this your house? Who’s downstairs?”

He whispered to Jongup.

“Yes. It’s just my mom. Here, have some food.”

Jongup whispered back.

“She doesn’t know about anything. She can’t know what happened.”

Himchan nodded with a mouth full of food.

“I think tonight you’ll just have to stay here, we’ll see if tomorrow…”

Jongup looked at Himchan. He was eating with his eyes flooded in tears.

“Oh, don’t be sad, I’m sure Zelo will find a way to get you back…”

“This food is so good!”

Himchan said suddenly.

“Oh, that… yeah… it is.”

Jongup smiled and started to eat too.

The next morning Jongup was sleeping on his bed, while Himchan was sleeping on the floor, when they woke up to the sound of steps on the corridor.

They got up all of a sudden and Jongup shoved Himchan inside his small closet just in time before his mother opened the door.

“I’m going out to buy some groceries, do you need anything sweetie?”

She asked.

“No! I’m… uh… ok!”

“Will you be going to dance practice today?”

“Oh… Yes! That’s it, I’ll be going out. So you don’t need to worry about me. Just… I’ll be back… late.”

“Ok, but you look strange son. Are you sure you’re ok? Do you want me to stay and prepare you a chicken soup?”

“No! I mean… no, thanks. I’m fine. You can go now.”

“Ok…”

His mother walked away still a bit suspicious.

When Jongup heard the door close he let Himchan out of the closet.

“I’m sorry it was my mom…”

Jongup started.

“She sounds so nice. I bet she’s really pretty too.”

Himchan imagined.

“Yuk, no, don’t even think about it!”

Jongup was disguted with the idea of seeing Himchan and his mother together.

“Yuk, no! What are you talking about? I just said she sounds like a very nice lady.”

“Ok, let’s change the subject. We have to find a way to get you back to your world.”

“Why are you being so rushed? I’m sure Zelo has everything under control.”

“I wasn’t rushing, I just thought you wanted to go back home.”

“I have no home… me and Yongguk, we just travel around Astela… Occasionally… I think if I made the right choice by following him…”

“How did you two meet?”

Jongup was curious.

“We’ve been friends since forever. He’s like my brother. But he was always much stronger than me. Sometimes… I think of giving up... But why am I talking like this? Didn’t you have that… dance thing to go to?”

“Uh… right. It was an excuse so we can get out of the house for a while and figure this out. Speaking about that, we should be going before my mom comes back.”

So they got ready and left the house.

Jongup showed Himchan his neighborhood as they walked for about 20 minutes to the dance studio.

“This is amazing! I want to stay here forever!”

Himchan said impressed with everything he had just see.

“It’s not that impressive.”

Jongup said closing the door to the studio. It was a large room with a wall covered in mirrors.

“So what do you do here?”

Himchan asked.

“I practice… air bending.”

“But you mom said you danced…”

“I also like to dance but this is the only place where I can practice without no one knowing.”

“Can you show me?”

“Why?”

 “I don’t know.”

Himchan shrugged.

“We have nothing else to do but wait.”

“Actually I’ve been practicing a new trick.”

Jongup admitted.

“Wait here. This can take a while.”

He positioned Himchan on one side of the room. Then he ran to other side and sat down with his eyes closed.”

Himchan waited in silence. And waited… And waited…

Jongup stood like that for almost half an hour. When Himchan was about to speak he saw a ghost form coming out of him. It looked just like Jongup, but he was still sitting in the same position as before. Was he imagining things?

Jongup’s “ghost” walked to the center of the room. Then it started to move like an angel. It left a tray of light while dancing through the entire studio. It was a beautiful sight. A few moments later the “ghost” figure suddenly disappeared and Jongup, who was still sitting on the same place, opened his eyes.

“What was that?”

Himchan asked in awe siting in front of Jongup.

“It was a spiritual projection. I can’t control it very well yet.”

Jongup explained a little embarrassed.

“You’re amazing! I wish I could do something special like that.”

Himchan’s eyes were glistening looking at Jongup.

“I’m just normal!”

Jongup laughed it out.

“You’re nothing but normal”

Then all of a sudden Himchan leaned forward and kissed Jongup on the lips.