Decisions

Astela

Jongup was already feeling better but Himchan didn’t let go of him. Yongguk got up, still a bit bruised from running into a dark shadow full of lightnings, and followed them towards Daehyun.

“Daehyun.”

Jongup called softly from behind Himchan.

The boy was still crying.

“Why did you do this?!”

Daehyun screamed at Yongguk, and the body on his lap trembled, but only Yongguk noticed.

“He was right.”

Daehyun said suddenly stopping his tears.

“You are murderers.”

“Get… away… from him.”

Yongguk said slowly backing up.

“You get away from me!”

Daehyun screamed and Youngjae’s body trembled again.

He slowly opened his eyes. He had one brown eye and one grey.

“Daehyun.”

He said very weakly.

“Youngjae… “

Daehyun smiled through new founded tears.

“You have to go.”

Said the boy with an arrow stuck on chest.

“I won’t leave you.”

Daehyun hold Youngjae’s hand.

 “You have to let go of him. I haven’t caught all of his darkness inside.”

Yongguk said, pointing to the little black box on his hand.

“What is it?”

Jongup asked Himchan.

“It’s sort of a prison for witches. I don’t like to use it because it’s actually made of dark matter, but it’s the only thing we found useful to actually make them disappear from this world. Killing it is just not enough anymore.”

“Please Daehyun, I don’t want to hurt you.”

Yongguk aimed his cross bow at him.

“If he dies, I die.”

Said Daehyun .

“What are you talking about?”

“I was cursed... Our lives are bonded forever. It doesn’t matter anymore. Just kill us both.”

“I promised your grandmother I would get you back, now back off! It’s your last chance.”

Yongguk’s arm was shaking, he didn’t want to hurt the boy, but what he was saying made sense in a way.

“Stop!”

A voice said from inside Yongguk’s head.

He was confused, he couldn’t concentrate now.

“I’m Zelo, the king of Staim Blya. I’m the one you want. Let them go.”

The voice echoed inside of him, it was becoming insane.

Daehyun, Himchan and Jongup were watching Yongguk struggle with himself and they saw his crossbow fall on the floor.

“I killed them. It was me. Come to me. Come get your revenge once and for all.”

When the voice stopped talking inside his head, Yongguk looked up and Daehyun was holding the crossbow against Himchan who was sheltering Jongup.

“Daehyun, be careful with that.”

“Help Youngjae, please. He’s not evil, he was just corrupted by it. People everywhere are being victims of the evil people like YOU bring to this world.”

“I try to help people! They are the ones who killed my family!”

Yongguk said angrily pointing at Youngjae.

“Witches have to be defeated, but  Youngjae’s innocent, how many more lives are you going to sacrifice?”

Yongguk fell on his knees.

“I don’t know.”

Daehyun let the crossbow fall on the floor and ran back to Youngjae.

“You’ll be ok.”

He told him.

“We have to go.”

Yongguk said with a hypnotized look on his eyes. He was looking towards the northern mountain of Staim Blya.

“How do you know it’s there?”

Himchan asked him.

“It talked to me, the witch who killed my parents. I will finally get my revenge.”

Himchan looked at Jongup, who nodded back to him in agreement.

“We’ll go with you.”

Daehyun said all of a sudden.

“My grandmother told me a story about Staim Blya once. There are powers there… good powers that can cure Youngjae.

“There is nothing good coming from that mountain.”

Yongguk assured him.

“No. I believe there’s still good in this world and I will find a way to help Youngjae.”

“Whatever.”

Yongguk turned away but something got hold of his arm.

“Let them come with us. Maybe there’s hope.”

Jongup said teary eyed.

“I don’t know why am I even here, but I know you’re a good person, and you only want to help, I know.”

“That’s right.”

Said Himchan.

“Our goal was always to help people. We’ll punish the ones who murdered your family, we’ll get Jongup back home, we’ll get Daehyun to his grandmother and we’ll make sure Youngjae isn’t sacrificed for evil.”

He decided right then.

 

“The time is coming.”

Zelo said.

“It is my fault, it’s all my fault.”