Till the Last Melody (Requested by OneCrayCray)

One Shot Story Request

Jung JiHyo was known as the best pianist in Korea while Baekhyun, her faithful Partner, is known as the best singer until now.

JiHyo and Baekhyun had planned to marry and live happily after they have finish all their promotions but JiHyo's life decided to betray her.

Jihyo was too focus on her piano until she didn't notice someone was beside her. Since Jihyo was playing a familiar song, that someone decided to sing along.

"You shower in the pouring moonlight
I haven’t seen that entrancing expression before
I look at you who’s stopped like a picture and at the end of that gaze"

Jihyo stop playing and look to the person beside her. "Baekkie?" Baekhyun smiled. "Yes. It's me."

Baekhyun sat beside her and continue playing the piano then Jihyo joined in. They smiled and laughed together.

After they finished their song, Jihyo excuse herself to get them a drink. Baekhyun nodded and continue playing.

Suddenly, Baekhyun heard a crash sound. Baekhyun immediately stood up from his seat and run to Jihyo.

"Jihyo?!" "JIHYO!!" Baekhyun saw Jihyo laying on the floor unconcious. Baekhyun ran to JiHyo, panicky.

Several minutes has passed, no news about JiHyo. Baekhyun started to feel worried.

Suddenly, a doctor walk towards Baekhyun. "Are you related to Miss JiHyo?" Baekhyun nodded. "I'm sorry. JiHyo-shhi has been diagnosed with brain tumor. Stage 3. She still have a chance for surgery. But the chances of her living are not that high. Stay strong." The doctor left. 

Baekhyun went speechless. His mind started to black out. Without wasting any time, he went to Jihyo ward and felt an arrow just shot his heart. Jihyo was crying.

Baekhyun entered the ward and hugged her immediately. "B-baekkie" Jihyo called out in between her cry but Baekhyun 'shh' her while her hair.

1 month has passed, Jihyo has no changed. Everyday, she will be attack by a sharp pain on her head causing her to faint or vomit.

Baekhyun stayed by her side throughout ups and downs. Baekhyun knew she was suffering but JiHyo couldn't help but to fake it that she's ok.

One day, JiHyo was playing her piano when Baekhyun entered her room. Baekhyun actually secretly read JiHyo bucket list and there was one list that she actually want to fulfill before she die.

"Jihyo?" Jihyo stopped playing and look at the person. Jihyo smiled weakly. Her face getting skinnier and pale. Baekhyun had to be strong. "I have a present for you."

Jihyo tilted her head in confuse. Baekhyun sat beside her and play the piano on his own. Then he started to sing Promise.

"You who has always been waiting for me 
You who embrace me with your arms
I won’t forget 
I will make you happy
like the ‘we are one’ word I’ve told you.

Although time passes, there is a word I cannot express,
sinking down in my heart.
‘I’m sorry’ ‘I love you’
asking you to believe in me like this time
I will hug you and hold your hands
If I am able to express my heart,
I will devote myself to you"

That was Baekhyun confession and the last song JiHyo could ever listen to before she left. Baekhyun knew her time was not long.

"I love you too. Baekhyun." Jihyo fell onto Baekhyun's shoulder lifeless.

Now Baekhyun has moved on. He forget about the pain he had and live a new life but he won't forget his first love.

Before he went to his dorm, he got his permission to go out. He went to the flower shop and buy some beautiful white roses then head to the graveyard.

He placed the White Rose beside the tomb and sat down.

"Jihyoo ~ I'm already a famous singer in a group call EXO. But if you were here with me right now, I bet you'll be a proud wife. I know may sound desperate, I still love you. I couldn't find a replacement. My heart is only for you. Please watch me from where you are and give me support like a wife always do even though you're not here with me. I love you." He kissed the tomb before he left.


Story by: Heart_oppas99